2020 Next Announcement Thread!

Matt42

1 minute ago, tomfestival_11 said:

I’m sure a few years ago when I was on here. Sunday was the most likely day for an announcement. Or is there no pattern. 

Sunday's are still pretty rare. I used to have the stats but it was on my old work laptop. Top of my head, I think there have only been 6 or 7 Sunday announcements. I think Tuesdays and Fridays are the most likely.

8 hours ago, DareToDibble said:

I reckon we’ll get something before the end of the month - final headliner or Aerosmith is my guess!

I'm calling it - Kendrick announced next week. 2nd week if Feb is historically a good bet and I'm feeling it!

I'm going for something next Wednesday when Emily gets her award from NME.

Can see her using her speech to try and highlight the festival's effort to increase the number of female artists performing.

Therefore i'm expecting a few female artists names to slip out the bag.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, JoeyT said:

Can see her using her speech to try and highlight the festival's effort to increase the number of female artists performing.

Like this idea, give us Dua/Twigs

1 hour ago, JoeyT said:

ooo, that's not a bad call.

I can't really see her announcing something just for the sake of announcing something, but an announcement with extra spin like that I could see happening.

5 hours ago, JoeyT said:

Think you're onto something there.

5 hours ago, JoeyT said:

I like this idea

3 minutes ago, Havors said:

Let just hope its not like last year.... complete radio silence from 7th Jan until 15th March if I recall....

I hope they move the poster forward.... why do they love frustrating us and making us wait so long? haha 

The poster always comes out the same time of the year regardless of how many acts we know are on it. I think it’s a contractual thing with booking the lineup.

I think in 2016 we pretty much knew the whole of the lineup but we still had to wait a while for the drop.

Last night I actually had a dream wherein a european festival lineup was announced that included Lana Del Rey even though it was the same weekend she is supposed to be at Bonnaroo. Then I kept trying to google Bonnaroo but I kept spelling it wrong and no results would come up.

That was it. That was the dream.

From this I can summise that 1) my subconscious really, really wants LDR at Glasto even though it is looking hella unlikely 2) I am spending too much time here and thinking about this stuff and 3) we are greatly in need of an announcement. 

1 minute ago, WestCountryGirl said:

Last night I actually had a dream wherein a european festival lineup was announced that included Lana Del Rey even though it was the same weekend she is supposed to be at Bonnaroo. Then I kept trying to google Bonnaroo but I kept spelling it wrong and no results would come up.

That was it. That was the dream.

From this I can summise that 1) my subconscious really, really wants LDR at Glasto even though it is looking hella unlikely 2) I am spending too much time here and thinking about this stuff and 3) we are greatly in need of an announcement. 

I dream of tunnel boring machines ... I think other dreams may be preferable :) 

14 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

The poster always comes out the same time of the year regardless of how many acts we know are on it. I think it’s a contractual thing with booking the lineup.

I think in 2016 we pretty much knew the whole of the lineup but we still had to wait a while for the drop.

Yep, however.... it has been getting a little earlier over the years... last year was the earliest yet I think, on 15th March...

They should be really nice and release it end of Feb this year I think :D