2020 Next Announcement Thread!

Matt42

I really want the poster to be announced. You guys are right in saying that we need positive news especially for the summer.  

What I’m afraid of is too much negative social media and pressure being put on GFL to cancel. Coachella was getting petitioned to cancel which forced the organisers hands. The last thing I want to happen is Glastonbury to appear on the SJW’s radar. 

It’s a giant game of whack-a-mole and right now is not time to be sticking your head out of the ground. 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

OK ....

So I've heard there's a bands announcement today - what I was told suggests the big poster (but it might not be) - and that info should be good. I'm pretty confident in it, but it doesn't have a time for it.

I'm normally able to verify a tip like that and perhaps get the time but I've not been able to do either on this occasion, unfortunately.

I wonder if we’ve got another situation like 2014 where they are throwing together a poster and calling acts to see who they have permission to announce.

It’l drop when they are done.

The absolute balls on Glastonbury dropping something on a day when the public are going to go mental about the government moving on to the next stage of dealing with Covid. 

Comments on social media will be a joy. Can't expect the world to stop for the next 3 months though. Deal with it now and we will be partying in June. 

44 minutes ago, brettredmayne said:

On what scale will the social media meltdown be for Kendrick Lamar, I'm expecting worse then the Swift one from the we only want oasis and the Arctic monkeys group

Pretty high cause he is black. Along with “who is Kendrick Lamar?”

Girlfriend has already made the blood sacrifice to the concert gods for missing Snow Patrol in October for Coachella, so this all has to go right for June.

3 minutes ago, squirrelarmy said:

I really want the poster to be announced. You guys are right in saying that we need positive news especially for the summer.  

What I’m afraid of is too much negative social media and pressure being put on GFL to cancel. Coachella was getting petitioned to cancel which forced the organisers hands. The last thing I want to happen is Glastonbury to appear on the SJW’s radar. 

It’s a giant game of whack-a-mole and right now is not time to be sticking your head out of the ground. 

They didn’t listen to the petition to cancel Jay-Z as headliner, they certainly aren’t going to listen to a petition to cancel the festival!

Just now, Mich1268 said:

Maybe they will wait until after the govt announcement later today as to what will happen next?

I can get behind this. Let the government set out their plans then add some positivity. Right now everything in the media is focusing on cancellations and lockdowns. 

• Upvote 1