2020 Next Announcement Thread!

Matt42

Well what a rollercoaster of a day. Almost as adrenaline-fuelled as the Foo Fighters at the C&G. Even though I'm not currently going this year, reading some of the scientific predictions being made is starting to bum me out and I really want to stay positive cos I know exactly what this festival means to people. The last 2 1/2 hours has only re-emphasised that. I appreciate that there are far more important things in life, it's just despite the ongoing situation, that poster drop made a lot of people very happy tonight. I hope fate doesn't take it away from you all. I shall continue to protect my peace from afar for a bit and see how this all plays out. Take care everyone. 

And @eFestivals, you nailed today once again. We bow to you, Sir.

One last thing: upgrade to GOLD membership everyone, if you've not already done so. What would you have done without eFestivals today? Apart from work.

• Upvote 2

First of all I would like to thank my fellow winners, we picked a great day.

Second, a massive thank you to all of you for being here to see us get this award this evening, I would like to dedicate it to all my fellow efesters, Mr Efestivals himself the one and only Neil, and of course our beloved Michael and Emily.

See you on the farm ❤️

(yes am smug and no am still not over it)😂

• Like 1

2 hours ago, a6l6e6x said:

And with that poster concludes the prediction game and from it we have 4 winners. Please collect your prize @JoeyT, @jyoung, @Wellyboot, @SomeoneListeningIn which is an image of a medal at the bottom of this post. Only you are allowed to look at and save this image although I have absolutely no way of policing this. It was mentioned that the community would pitch together to buy you a pint each but being realistic this probably won't happen. For me the main prize is pride for being good at guessing (maybe even working out the pattern??)

Much bigger response to this than was expected, it has been fun. Let's do it again next year. Included the full list of predictors and the crossing out of doom for all of those, including me, that got this wrong

February 17 - mrholmes
February 18 - zahidf
February 19 - fightoffyour
February 20 - nicnzl, Rocketfrog1820
February 21 - Brad2434, Jack.194
February 23 - Damon
February 24 - HattersBoy, Obiginnaw
February 25 - billum, Dronx
February 26 - dentalplan
February 27 - mcshed
February 28 - OnlyRevolutions
February 29 - Keithy, funkychick2007
March 2 - WestCountryGirl, s30foster
March 3 - AlexOvd, assorted, jparx, gmb1992, rawrsomesauce
March 4 - HeyPorter, kingbadger, sequenci 
March 5 - SupernintendoChalmers, Sasperella, The Red Telephone
March 6 - Gnomicide, chuckles07, shuttlep
March 7 - beefykoala, Havors
March 8 - Chazwozza
March 9 - Doug85, Stokesy10, discgoesmic
March 10 - LGH, Freddyflintstonree, dotdash79, JonnyG, Euphoricape
March 11 - RarerThanDandyB, Earth_pig, the_arsonist, zeppelin, Chrisp1986, wro_lap

March 12 - Joey T, jyoung, Wellyboot, SomeoneListeningIn
March 13 - Jakeyboi135, Andy0808 v5, MetaKate, chazwwe, Radiochicken, Slugy
March 14 - morph100
March 15 - northernringo, stt11, Lubic87
March 16 - Fish Bulb, moams, Ashl
March 17 - Waltere, crazyfool1, circus92, FuzzyDunlop, Miyn, thrillhouse188
March 18 - Kalopsia, Matt42, Guy Incognito, mazola
March 19 - sisco, maelzoid, Quark, Jack The Stripper
March 20 - giantkatestacks, kalifire, Hugh Jass, Gregfc15
March 22 - Simsy, Ayrshire Chris, sheerin_lfc, Bryanrebe
March 23 - Jon F, Bennykill
March 24 - a6l6e6x, reflekting
March 25 - CJTM, kingcrawler, Gwladboy
March 26 - Tuna, DareToDibble, Smash Williams
March 27 - Suprefan, Northtim
March 28 - mikegday
March 29 - Greenelk
March 30 - Mr. Snrub
March 31 - MattyMooz, petewilson09, Huckleberry Finn
April 1 - priest17
April 2 - august1
April 3 - eFestivals
April 6 - Tommy Dickfingers
April 8 - the wonderwhy
April 13 - jj200
April 24 - faymondo

2800E58E-C3AE-4451-A663-50BF1B96A706.jpeg.28657070502feff6643096ac8cdcae8e.jpeg

Just catching up, good job @JoeyT, @jyoung and @Wellyboot!

4 hours ago, MetaKate said:

I also had Friday 13th but looking back we were doomed with all of the other stuff going on picking a day of superstition. 

We were as right as we could have been without being right 😂

8am announcement on 13th here in New Zealand.

You’re a winner in my eyes 😁

4 hours ago, a6l6e6x said:

And with that poster concludes the prediction game and from it we have 4 winners. Please collect your prize @JoeyT, @jyoung, @Wellyboot, @SomeoneListeningIn which is an image of a medal at the bottom of this post.

March 12 - Joey T, jyoung, Wellyboot, SomeoneListeningIn

2800E58E-C3AE-4451-A663-50BF1B96A706.jpeg.28657070502feff6643096ac8cdcae8e.jpeg

Is it weird that I want to print this out and frame it? Buzzing for everyone. Let's hope things level out in the next few months and we get those five days in the field because wow, what a line up!

I think the suggestion of acts like Aerosmith getting their own announcements for a bit of fan fare seems like a sensible (and good) idea, whoever suggested that earlier in the thread.

It was all booting off at work when the lineup dropped (typical) so I’ve only just now sat down to have a proper sift through. Plenty of confidence it’ll happen now, with premier league games almost definitely to be abandoned/postponed tomorrow and flight restrictions etc in place.. I just don’t think it’s something that can go on for months and months.

Roll on these area lineups!! 

Guys! I've just realised that all the names on the poster are an anagram of "I'm not saying the name but I'm close friends with a lady who organises workers for one of the charities. She has been instructed to put in the motion of cancelling all part time workers from tomorrow."

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, smogo said:

Guys! I've just realised that all the names on the poster are an anagram of "I'm not saying the name but I'm close friends with a lady who organises workers for one of the charities. She has been instructed to put in the motion of cancelling all part time workers from tomorrow."

:D

That lineup is what is so good about glastonbury. I have no interest in any of the pyramid headliners but there are at least 4 or 5 acts on the undercard I would be more than happy with headlining any other festival I went to.

I know it's probably been discussed but if the overseas acts couldn't make it who do people think would headline? I could see Coldplay Blur and Pulp all been willing to step in and save the day. Possibly Radiohead too.

When do we think we'll get the map then?

Just checked The Thingy and we've had it in April the last four years so maybe soon :)

Pinched this off The Thingy:

8 June (Mon): New Map released

20 January (Wed): New map released

8 March (Tue): New map released

1 June (Sat): New map released

16 June (Mon): New map released

19 April (Sun): New map released

23 April (Sat): New map released

27 April (Thu): New Map released

16 April (Tue): 
New Map released

AHTT :D 

• Upvote 1

I take no pleasure in tipping prior to the announcement last night, and seeing the comments (mentioning no names) that I was wrong and full of shite...

OK maybe I take a little bit of pleasure :D

2 minutes ago, CJTM said:

I take no pleasure in tipping prior to the announcement last night, and seeing the comments (mentioning no names) that I was wrong and full of shite...

OK maybe I take a little bit of pleasure :D

A person would have to be willing to lose their entire reputation to say they had Pm'd neil at a time like that. I knew you must be empty of shite and the lineup was coming!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, MetaKate said:

A person would have to be willing to lose their entire reputation to say they had Pm'd neil at a time like that. I knew you must be empty of shite and the lineup was coming!

I was PM'd .... but at around the moment I left my desk last night, so didn't see it until after the announcement had been made.