2020 Next Announcement Thread!

Matt42

I’ve just heard the meeting is still allowing large scale events to go ahead.

Glastonbury have been given another go ahead today from the government. No reason why the lineup shouldn’t come today if they’ve just received a thumbs up from the powers that be.

18 minutes ago, Rob0510 said:

I can't wait for you all to apologise to me when the postponement/cancellation announcement is finally made.

For the record, I don't think it's impossible you're right, but it's obnoxious to act like there's no possibility you're wrong. If it's a line-up announcement you'll either have to walk this back and say "oh, well it was the plan it must have changed" or something, or you'll just stop posting. Why set yourself up like that when you could just say the info you have and say "that's all I know, could be wrong, could change"? Is it just because you don't want people to forget what you said if you re right so you can have the glory and the validation of being able to say "I told you so"? I can't see how it can come from any place of actually wanting to help and contribute to the discussion?

20 minutes ago, Rob0510 said:

I can't wait for you all to apologise to me when the postponement/cancellation announcement is finally made.

Have touched base with the person who books me, who ran it up to the person in charge of the Green Fields area. They've not heard news of a cancellation. 

Not saying you're wrong, but that's the info/sources I have. 

1 minute ago, Matt42 said:

Glastonbury have been given another go ahead today from the government. No reason why the lineup shouldn’t come today if they’ve just received a thumbs up from the powers that be.

Already covered that...

• Like 1
  • Downvote 1

3 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Yeah we know about the meeting.

What do you mean by ‘Glastonbury have been given another go ahead by the government?’  Not mentioning something is hardly a thumbs up.

Actually don’t answer.  I’m more interested in the next lineup announcement.

Edited by Gwladboy

5 minutes ago, GrumpyRaver said:

The bigger economic impact, right now, would come from your approach... the economy is teetering on the brink, and if we just stop everything it could collapse.  It's that serious.

Fair enough. thank you for doing your duty and letting us all know on here. 

5 minutes ago, Spindles said:

In recent years the lineup has dropped while I've been asleep, because I work odd hours.  Perhaps I should go for a nap so they can drop it and force me to once again try and get my head around it groggily when I wake.

Have a nap around 6:30. I think the next possible best times are 5pm or 7pm - 8pm IF its coming today. If not tonight tomorrow 7am-8am. 

Just now, gfa said:

What are the odds of it happening today? Definite or not before i get the groupchat excited?!

More than 50%. I don't doubt Neils sources and if Zoe has got it from the same source or a different one she was confident enough to mention it on live radio, so I think unless the source(s) are in correct or its been changed (which I doubt) I can't see it not being today, or at least tomorrow morning. 

1 minute ago, gfa said:

What are the odds of it happening today? Definite or not before i get the groupchat excited?!

I'd put it at about 70%

my guess is that they'll wait for the Cobra announcement to die down a bit then post this evening once the dust has settled somewhat.

Just now, chazwwe said:

More than 50%. I don't doubt Neils sources and if Zoe has got it from the same source or a different one she was confident enough to mention it on live radio, so I think unless the source(s) are in correct or its been changed (which I doubt) I can't see it not being today, or at least tomorrow morning. 

Who's Neil?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Tommy101 said:

I'd put it at about 70%

my guess is that they'll wait for the Cobra announcement to die down a bit then post this evening once the dust has settled somewhat.

It would cheer everyone up tomorrow no end if it dropped in the morning