2020 Next Announcement Thread!

Matt42

2 minutes ago, Rob0510 said:

I can't wait for you all to apologise to me when the postponement/cancellation announcement is finally made.

Good to know you care more about a bunch of strangers apologising to you on the internet than the festival actually being cancelled. 

For me it'd be 'hey guys, i've heard x, unsure if its true but who knows'

You've just gone full on 'its cancelled, you're all wrong and bad people for not believing me' 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Rob0510 said:

I can't wait for you all to apologise to me when the postponement/cancellation announcement is finally made.

Have a nice festival x

15 minutes ago, Rob0510 said:

To be honest, either way you have a 50/50 chance if the festival goes ahead or not. You've come onto this forum and told us a story with no evidence and claimed it to be true. At this stage this forum sees you as assuming, like everybody else on here. There's no reason why we would apologise in my view.

If the festival is cancelled, the wider picture is we could have a much bigger problem on our hands; so getting butthurt over apologies is frankly foolish. What will be will be and congratulations if you're correct.

Don't get so hung up on something that could be affecting the health of a large number of people.

Edited by discgoesmic

1 minute ago, chazwwe said:

Good to know you care more about a bunch of strangers apologising to you on the internet than the festival actually being cancelled. 

For me it'd be 'hey guys, i've heard x, unsure if its true but who knows'

You've just gone full on 'its cancelled, you're all wrong and bad people for not believing me' 

I think he's trying to get to -100 forum karma in one day and dammit he just might! 

2 minutes ago, discgoesmic said:

To be honest, either way you have a 50/50 chance if the festival goes ahead or not. You've come onto this forum and told us a story with no evidence and claimed it to be true. At this stage this forum sees you as assuming, like everybody else on here. There's no reason why we would apologise in my view.

If the festival is cancelled, the wider picture is we could have a much bigger problem on our hands; so getting butthurt over apologies is frankly foolish. What will be will be and congratulations if you're correct.

Sorry; not trying to be harsh, but don't get so hung up on something that could be affecting the health of a large number of people.

Completely agree, there's nothing good about Glastonbury being cancelled and if it were to stop now? 3 months out, things are looking bad.

I don't think the festival will be cancelled until at least the start of May. 

Just now, chazwwe said:

Completely agree, there's nothing good about Glastonbury being cancelled and if it were to stop now? 3 months out, things are looking bad.

I don't think the festival will be cancelled until at least the start of May. 

Totally. From the history and consistency of the forum poster, I'm sure he's just a troll that wanted so many responses.  This would be my 8th Glastonbury running and it's my favourite time of year. However, It's important that we put into context that this is just a music festival and we could have a much bigger humanitarian emergency our hands.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, GrumpyRaver said:

Just had a briefing..

Government aren't announcing ban on large events.  Yet.

But isnt it better to do it now and have that ban lifted after say a month instead of waiting and then they decide to in May, when it very much heightens the chance of glasto being called off? 

Just now, Suprefan said:

But isnt it better to do it now and have that ban lifted after say a month instead of waiting and then they decide to in May, when it very much heightens the chance of glasto being called off? 

I don't think Boris gives a shit about Glastonbury.  I'm just reporting what's been decided.

Just now, Suprefan said:

I'm naively assuming they won't have ban run for longer than a month, so as long as it's in place by May we should be fine

6 minutes ago, Ddiamondd said:

!! Is that so?

Scotland just said they would for events over 500 people.

Also, Sturgeon has said she's doing that because they need to ensure that emergency services are not under strain and can respond to any rise in hospitalisations, not because of any threat of contagion.

2 minutes ago, The Red Telephone said:

Who cam up with the 500 figure? Is it an arbitrary number or one based on scientific evidence?

See my post above - It's not about contagion.  It's basically the size of an event that requires emergency services support.  Sturgeon actually said the 500 figure is an arbitrary guide and unenforcible.  The benchmark is whether you may potentially need an ambulance or paramedics in attendance.

Edited by GrumpyRaver

1 minute ago, GrumpyRaver said:

I don't think Boris gives a shit about Glastonbury.  I'm just reporting what's been decided.

Right, I would agree with you that Boris does not care. Im just saying that if in the long run you do this now and then you wouldnt have such potentially large economic effects come into play later on. You stop everything for a moment and at least lessen the potential damage. I appreciate the info for sure, but im sure its going to be non stop questions as it is.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Suprefan said:

Right, I would agree with you that Boris does not care. Im just saying that if in the long run you do this now and then you wouldnt have such potentially large economic effects come into play later on. You stop everything for a moment and at least lessen the potential damage. I appreciate the info for sure, but im sure its going to be non stop questions as it is.

The bigger economic impact, right now, would come from your approach... the economy is teetering on the brink, and if we just stop everything it could collapse.  It's that serious.