2020 Next Announcement Thread!

Matt42

1 minute ago, Tuna said:

Circumstances have changed since the NME awards, and Neiler hinted that the announcement might have been bought forward from what was planned as a result. So I wouldn't be entirely confident it's a poster, and could be a smaller announcement with a bunch of bands.

Could be the Friday headliner and a couple of acts.

• Downvote 1

Just now, wro_lap said:

I’ll only tell you who Neil is if you tell me who your source is x

I'm not saying the name but I'm close friends with a lady who organises workers for one of the charities. She has been instructed to put in the motion of cancelling all part time workers from tomorrow.

Realise that  Bearded Theory is tiny compared to  G but i like their approach to this announcement. I can see G doing similar.

March 11, 2020 7:17 pm

We are aware of the growing concerns about what affect Covid-19 will have on this year’s festival.

Central Governments current advice remains that they have no intention cancelling mass gatherings especially those that are hosted outside. We are equally aware that all advice given is issued on a dynamic basis and has potential to change.

Our own responsibility is to those that have afforded us their trust by purchasing tickets and their expectation that we will look after them to best of our ability. In line with this we have a contingency plan whereby we can postpone the festival if it were needed to a date in September, we have secured the venue, license, suppliers and the vast majority of the current line-up programme. This will be implemented if it was decided that mass gatherings would be cancelled and the advice from Government is that we would know this on or before April 1st, 2020.

We must stress that it is fully expected that the event will continue in May and that it will be safe to do so. We will be implementing enhanced hygiene measures across the site and will be announcing further measures in the lead up to the festival.

In the interim please remember that your ticket purchase with us as always remains a secure purchase.

The latest advice we have been given on this matter can be reviewed here World Health Organisation and here Production Services Association

Thank you for your support – see you in May

3 minutes ago, Rob0510 said:

I'm not saying the name but I'm close friends with a lady who organises workers for one of the charities. She has been instructed to put in the motion of cancelling all part time workers from tomorrow.

Those charities won’t only work at Glastonbury. And there is a high chance that their part time workers will have been cancelled from tomorrow however it does not mean that Glastonbury itself is cancelled just because a company that does work there has halted operations a couple of months before the festival. 

I'm really loving the shouts of 20:20 the more I think about it. Bring it on!

Full poster, Billie Eilish the big surprise, statement saying they're working with the authorities, monitoring the situation and are fully planning for the event to go ahead, with payments and resale happening as scheduled. Great times.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, chuckles07 said:

Realise that  Bearded Theory is tiny compared to  G but i like their approach to this announcement. I can see G doing similar.

March 11, 2020 7:17 pm

We are aware of the growing concerns about what affect Covid-19 will have on this year’s festival.

Central Governments current advice remains that they have no intention cancelling mass gatherings especially those that are hosted outside. We are equally aware that all advice given is issued on a dynamic basis and has potential to change.

Our own responsibility is to those that have afforded us their trust by purchasing tickets and their expectation that we will look after them to best of our ability. In line with this we have a contingency plan whereby we can postpone the festival if it were needed to a date in September, we have secured the venue, license, suppliers and the vast majority of the current line-up programme. This will be implemented if it was decided that mass gatherings would be cancelled and the advice from Government is that we would know this on or before April 1st, 2020.

We must stress that it is fully expected that the event will continue in May and that it will be safe to do so. We will be implementing enhanced hygiene measures across the site and will be announcing further measures in the lead up to the festival.

In the interim please remember that your ticket purchase with us as always remains a secure purchase.

The latest advice we have been given on this matter can be reviewed here World Health Organisation and here Production Services Association

Thank you for your support – see you in May

Good work by the Bearded organisers again.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, squirrelarmy said:

Those charities won’t only work at Glastonbury. And there is a high chance that their part time workers will have been cancelled from tomorrow however it does not mean that Glastonbury itself is cancelled just because a company that does work there has halted operations a couple of months before the festival. 

The instruction has come directly from Glastonbury, to cancel the part time workers for the festival. Do you need me to be anymore specific? 

• Downvote 2

6 minutes ago, Rob0510 said:

The instruction has come directly from Glastonbury, to cancel the part time workers for the festival. Do you need me to be anymore specific? 

Maybe it's a charity devoted to making people lick each other. It wouldn't be a good look this year.

• Upvote 1