2020 Next Announcement Thread!

Matt42

1 hour ago, GrumpyRaver said:

Oh... have you had a tip off then?

no, but we know the next announcement will be somewhen around 1st April, although perhaps as soon as next week.

The govt are saying new measures might be announced in 10-14 days - so with the two things roughly aligning, Glastonbury might choose to delay their announcement until after the govt one, to see what effect the govt measures have on the fest.

2 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

no, but we know the next announcement will be somewhen around 1st April, although perhaps as soon as next week.

The govt are saying new measures might be announced in 10-14 days - so with the two things roughly aligning, Glastonbury might choose to delay their announcement until after the govt one, to see what effect the govt measures have on the fest.

If the acts on the poster have already been given the poster drop date do you think Glastonbury would want to contact them all and inform them of a delay in the announcement therefore showing their hand that a cancellation might be on the cards? Or do you think those conversations will be happening with the acts anyway?

9 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

Even the ruler of a festival website thinks that I'm correct, might as well strike everyone else's name off now.

11 minutes ago, plot2pot said:

If the acts on the poster have already been given the poster drop date do you think Glastonbury would want to contact them all and inform them of a delay in the announcement therefore showing their hand that a cancellation might be on the cards? Or do you think those conversations will be happening with the acts anyway?

Not sure, but with any luck some of the acts will have forgotten to take their 'I'm/We're playing Glastonbury!' posts of their social media scheduling apps.

43 minutes ago, The Martini Police said:

Not sure, but with any luck some of the acts will have forgotten to take their 'I'm/We're playing Glastonbury!' posts of their social media scheduling apps.

Glastonbury office: “Guys... we need to get hold of The Avalanches as a matter of urgency.”

• Upvote 2

It feels the last few pages have been stuck in a loop of, 

I reckon the announcement will be delayed as late as possible. 

Other festivals are announcing like normal. 

Well isn't it weird that Glastonbury haven't said anything on the matter officially. 

They did last week. 

Almost makes me miss the 'are foals big enough to headline' loop

1 minute ago, phimill said:

Some one on the corona thread mentioned they saw a camera crew down at the pyramid earlier - could be preppping so kind of anouncement...

Yeah it was me.

If you look on the ‘Glastocam’ thread, someone took some screen grabs. Doesn’t look like mass camera equipment, and the vehicle with them has reappeared since on the feed around the pyramid.

3 minutes ago, Freddyflintstonree said:

Has there ever been any video content alongside the poster drop? 😂

Not the poster but Foo Fighters did a little video when they announced. 

https://www.glastonburyfestivals.co.uk/foo-fighters-to-headline-saturday-night-at-glastonbury-2017/

Edited by Gnomicide
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

Not the poster but Foo Fighters did a little video when they announced. 

https://www.glastonburyfestivals.co.uk/foo-fighters-to-headline-saturday-night-at-glastonbury-2017/

Well I imagine it's more likely content for a news item on whether or not it'll go ahead, but here's hoping it's something more exciting! 

3 hours ago, Sasperella said:

I got an email from Reading yesterday saying that for now the festival is going ahead, they take health and safety seriously and are working with experts blah blah. Am I right in thinking Glastonbury have said nothing official? Seems a little odd if so.

No, they released a similar statement recently 

2 minutes ago, Chrisp1986 said:

This thread is going to be FIRE in a few hours!!!!! 💖💖💖💖

Honestly every time I see an overly-positive comment it’s from your account I love it. It’s a nice change from the general pessimism at the moment!

(and before anyone jumps on me, I’m not complaining about the pessimism and I think discussion around the ‘if’s and but’s of the festival + coronavirus is generally a good thing, I just need a bit of positivity every now and then)

7 minutes ago, Jack.194 said:

Honestly every time I see an overly-positive comment it’s from your account I love it. It’s a nice change from the general pessimism at the moment!

(and before anyone jumps on me, I’m not complaining about the pessimism and I think discussion around the ‘if’s and but’s of the festival + coronavirus is generally a good thing, I just need a bit of positivity every now and then)

Exactly. That coronavirus is getting me down and it means nothing for now.