2020 Next Announcement Thread!

Matt42

1 hour ago, Miyn said:

Maybe they're waiting until this thread reaches 100 pages of replies to drop the poster. C'mon Emily, release it soon please.

Has anyone checked to see if THAT IS THE PATTERN??? We need this information logged on the thingy!

7 hours ago, s30foster said:

2020 Announcements so far...

10/10/19 - Diana Ross - Thursday

18/11/19 - Paul McCartney - Monday

15/12/19 - Taylor Swift - Sunday

13/2/20  - Lana Del Rey - Wednesday

There is no pattern as we all know but they're all mid month so...maybe, just maybe Friday this week or Tues/Fri next week? 

For what its worth they probably don't want to hype everyone up just to cancel it a month later.

Disclosure put uk tickets on sale this morning and just cancelled their european dates this evening hilariously. Don't think it would be that quick but I personally don't want to get hyped up for nothing

5 hours ago, gfa said:

For what its worth they probably don't want to hype everyone up just to cancel it a month later.

Disclosure put uk tickets on sale this morning and just cancelled their european dates this evening hilariously. Don't think it would be that quick but I personally don't want to get hyped up for nothing

Maybe they will put the poster out just before the balance payment, waiting as long as possible, if they are still going ahead but with details of what will happen refund wise if it does get cancelled.

• Upvote 1

They’ll be delaying as long as possible now. Whats the point of even announcing acts if they have no update on whether it can proceed or if they should even bother to ask people to pay. 

As another poster states above they’d be wise to publish details of what happens in the event of cancellation just before balances open and maybe we’ll get some acts then. 

I expect nothing much until just before the end of the month. You cant be seen to be hyping an event where there is a question of whether it might even go ahead.

Edited by Memory Man

5 minutes ago, Memory Man said:

They’ll be delaying as long as possible now. Whats the point of even announcing acts if they have no update on whether it can proceed or if they should even bother to ask people to pay. 

As another poster states above they’d be wise to publish details of what happens in the event of cancellation just before balances open and maybe we’ll get some acts then. 

I expect nothing much until just before the end of the month. You cant be seen to be hyping an event where there is a question of whether it might even go ahead.

BST announced a line up yesterday and that's very shortly after G

6 minutes ago, Memory Man said:

They'll be needing the balance payments in order to keep on planning (and paying for) the festival. I can't really see that being delayed, especially as there's not really any difference between refunding a deposit and refunding the whole amount.

As the next announcement is planned to be somewhen around the same time as the govt is likely to announce further measures they might hold that announcement back until the further measures have been announced, as it is likely to only be a few days or so. Outside of those dates (about) coinciding I can't really see any point in not working to what they had planned.

Other festivals continue to announce, and Festival Republic are making clear their festivals will be going ahead unless they have cancellation forced on them by govt. I can't see why Glasto need to take a different approach.

1 minute ago, Sasperella said:

I got an email from Reading yesterday saying that for now the festival is going ahead, they take health and safety seriously and are working with experts blah blah. Am I right in thinking Glastonbury have said nothing official? Seems a little odd if so.

Yeah I had the email from Reading and a marathon I'm doing in April saying no change but no comment from Glasto or BST yet.

36 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

As the next announcement is planned to be somewhen around the same time as the govt is likely to announce further measures they might hold that announcement back until the further measures have been announced, as it is likely to only be a few days or so. Outside of those dates (about) coinciding I can't really see any point in not working to what they had planned.

Oh... have you had a tip off then?

4 minutes ago, Sasperella said:

I got an email from Reading yesterday saying that for now the festival is going ahead, they take health and safety seriously and are working with experts blah blah. Am I right in thinking Glastonbury have said nothing official? Seems a little odd if so.

This is what was said on the 3rd March 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.somersetlive.co.uk/news/somerset-news/glastonbury-2020-coronavirus-festival-nhs-3910761.amp

1 hour ago, eFestivals said:

Other festivals continue to announce, and Festival Republic are making clear their festivals will be going ahead unless they have cancellation forced on them by govt. I can't see why Glasto need to take a different approach.

I'd have thought that most festivals (and events) will wait to be told by the government to cancel for insurance purposes. I can't imagine getting payout for any sort of cover including loss of earnings would apply if the organisers chose to cancel before having their hand forced, especially if similar gathering are being held around the country.

1 hour ago, Divein said:

Yeh but an article in somserset live is not the same as an official announcement to ticket holders or on the website. My friend also said she had a radio 4 DJ saying they'd heard from Emily planning was going ahead, but it's still not quite the same...

1 hour ago, Sasperella said:

Festival Republic/Live Nation are using the same words for all festies & gigs. Makes sense.

The only word from Glastonbury was via a Somerset Live article, which said planning was going forwards as normal. There's not really anything different they could say.

We all know the score, so I don't really see any point in a statement from Glastonbury. It's hugely unlikely they'll choose to cancel themselves - although if they were considering it they wouldn't say it publicly.

44 minutes ago, Tommy101 said:

I'd have thought that most festivals (and events) will wait to be told by the government to cancel for insurance purposes. I can't imagine getting payout for any sort of cover including loss of earnings would apply if the organisers chose to cancel before having their hand forced, especially if similar gathering are being held around the country.

yup.

The one caveat to that is that insurance might choose to pay out before cancellation is forced on events, on the basis there'd be lower losses to cover on a cancellation now than a cancellation later. I would have thought that would be within the thinking of insurance companies.