2020 Next Announcement Thread!

Matt42

18 minutes ago, jparx said:

Are they gonna argue BST isn't a festival it's a concert, or something?

Maybe they mean it as "they're not playing Glastonbury" 😂

I remember a few years ago rhcp were announced for reading festival as a European exclusive, by the time of the festival they were a South of England exclusive. Was quite laughable 

19 minutes ago, jparx said:

Are they gonna argue BST isn't a festival it's a concert, or something?

Maybe they mean it as "they're not playing Glastonbury" 😂

someone posted that the IoW exclusive thing was a bit of an issue in getting them booked, so I guess they came to an agreement of some sort (and I guess ioW sales are somewhere around what they'd hope for at this point).

It's unlikely they're available for further shows unless IoW agree.

Just now, Jakeyboi135 said:

I remember a few years ago rhcp were announced for reading festival as a European exclusive, by the time of the festival they were a South of England exclusive. Was quite laughable 

Haha. "We promise it's their only show in Berkshire"

Just now, Jakeyboi135 said:

generally claims of exclusivity turn out to be true. For the occasions that they don't it's probably mostly because the plans of the band change (and the place that has exclusivity wants to keep good relations with the band).

Having been sat here for 20 years seeing these claims go past I'm not thinking there's any deliberate piss-taking going on with exclusive claims by festivals.

1 minute ago, eFestivals said:

generally claims of exclusivity turn out to be true. For the occasions that they don't it's probably mostly because the plans of the band change (and the place that has exclusivity wants to keep good relations with the band).

Having been sat here for 20 years seeing these claims go past I'm not thinking there's any deliberate piss-taking going on with exclusive claims by festivals.

Have seen plenty of exclusives be true so didn't think otherwise, just thought it was quite a funny step down 

4 hours ago, DareToDibble said:

I love how many predictions there are for the next few days. Just shows we all hang on Emily’s every word and people have fallen for her “Poster will be with you very soon” line.

Suckers ;) 

I'd love a 6 part Netflix series so we can go back and see what was going on behind the scenes and why things were announced on certain days or delayed!

I wouldn't be surprised if they log on at tea break to see what we all went crazy and overanalysed each day 

42 minutes ago, Heather90 said:

I wouldn't be surprised if they log on at tea break to see what we all went crazy and overanalysed each day 

Well I believe Emily does read these forums so I wouldn’t be surprised if she sits there laughing at how we assess every little comment she makes and what it could possible mean :lol:  

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

8 minutes ago, DareToDibble said:

Thanks for the upvote @Freddyflintstonree - it appears we have a troll downvoting all my posts 🙄

No worries...seemed a bit harsh so thought i'd even it up. No idea if it works like that...

Anyway, today was my prediction for the poster, and that seems to be rapidly becoming less likely. What's the latest it's ever dropped before? 

2020 Announcements so far...

10/10/19 - Diana Ross - Thursday

18/11/19 - Paul McCartney - Monday

15/12/19 - Taylor Swift - Sunday

13/2/20  - Lana Del Rey - Wednesday

There is no pattern as we all know but they're all mid month so...maybe, just maybe Friday this week or Tues/Fri next week? 

46 minutes ago, s30foster said:

2020 Announcements so far...

10/10/19 - Diana Ross - Thursday

18/11/19 - Paul McCartney - Monday

15/12/19 - Taylor Swift - Sunday

13/2/20  - Lana Del Rey - Wednesday

There is no pattern as we all know but they're all mid month so...maybe, just maybe Friday this week or Tues/Fri next week? 

We should definitely get a double announcement to make up for January.