2020 Next Announcement Thread!

Matt42

I don't think we'll be getting an announcement until another couple weeks - they'll be holding out to see what the asitch is with Covid-19 and if they need to delay/cancel before getting everyone excited about a line-up - they'll only reveal that if they're certain it will go ahead.

1 minute ago, nban2010 said:

I don't think we'll be getting an announcement until another couple weeks - they'll be holding out to see what the asitch is with Covid-19 and if they need to delay/cancel before getting everyone excited about a line-up - they'll only reveal that if they're certain it will go ahead.

Nah, cos they can't be certain it'll be going ahead until the gates open.

As the announcement date is around the same sort of time as the UK is expected to switch to new measures they might hold back to see what those are - but I can't really see them holding anything back for more than a week or two from the dates they've planned, as the possibility of cancellation is always going to be there at whatever point they announce..

I think we'll get the lineup around the usual time, with a short statement reiterating that they are preparing as normal for the festival, monitoring the situation and working with the local council to make sure provisions are in place.

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

Nah, cos they can't be certain it'll be going ahead until the gates open.

As the announcement date is around the same sort of time as the UK is expected to switch to new measures they might hold back to see what those are - but I can't really see them holding anything back for more than a week or two from the dates they've planned, as the possibility of cancellation is always going to be there at whatever point they announce..

Would you expect any kind of statement in the near future or with the poster/resale? Even just an acknowledgement of the situation, with a reminders it’s out of there hands but currently going ahead at the moment 

3 minutes ago, thrillhouse188 said:

Would you expect any kind of statement in the near future or with the poster/resale? Even just an acknowledgement of the situation, with a reminders it’s out of there hands but currently going ahead at the moment 

They did give an official response and i dont think anything has changed so they would just be saying the same thing again.

“Glastonbury Festival thoroughly plans each year’s event, and puts in place all necessary measures to protect the public and maximise safety,” says Adrian Coombs, Glastonbury Festival’s Head of Event Operations.

“We work closely with all of the relevant agencies, including Public Health England and the NHS, and always review our plans as any circumstances change. With this in mind and with our 2020 Festival still 16 weeks away, we continue to plan and prepare for the event, whilst at the same time closely monitoring developments with the coronavirus situation.”

Poster is coming tomorrow BTW

4 minutes ago, Earth_pig said:

Poster is coming tomorrow BTW

Let’s go.

Talk of coronavirus is slowly leaning into every thread on this site (which I completely understand given the situation) we need a poster drop to rekindle everyone’s optimism!

16 minutes ago, jparx said:

I think we'll get the lineup around the usual time, with a short statement reiterating that they are preparing as normal for the festival, monitoring the situation and working with the local council to make sure provisions are in place.

finally, sense prevails

Just now, s30foster said:

Isle of Wight DO still have Duran Duran down as a UK festival exclusive on their website. 

Are they gonna argue BST isn't a festival it's a concert, or something?

Maybe they mean it as "they're not playing Glastonbury" 😂