2020 Next Announcement Thread!

Matt42

2 hours ago, eFestivals said:

it's very very standard for promoters to set an announcement date, that acts are expected to abide by.

if you had to take a punt, when would they have informed artists/booking agents that they would be announcing let's say, March/April announcement? 3 months? 3 days? I have no idea on this to be fair, in relation to Glastonbury

49 minutes ago, CJTM said:

if you had to take a punt, when would they have informed artists/booking agents that they would be announcing let's say, March/April announcement? 3 months? 3 days? I have no idea on this to be fair, in relation to Glastonbury

I think they give acts an announcement date when they book them, tho I might be wrong about that.

2 hours ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

Yeah, or saying "I know I'm out but if I had a second guess I'd go for..."

This is a one-time only deal, the stakes are high. The chance to become the King or Queen of eFests predictions 2020.

Akin to Jerry Lawler hiding under the ring in the Royal Rumble. Scandalous behaviour.

• Upvote 1

52 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

I think they give acts an announcement date when they book them, tho I might be wrong about that.

So it must be at least months and months prior then for some, didn't you get info on Noel quite a while back? well we know Wolf Alice and possibly Editors/Supergrass have been booked for months - if Emily sticks to saying it'll be a little earlier than last year which I believe she was quoted on, which could very well mean before the week is out...

4 minutes ago, CJTM said:

So it must be at least months and months prior then for some, didn't you get info on Noel quite a while back? well we know Wolf Alice and possibly Editors/Supergrass have been booked for months - if Emily sticks to saying it'll be a little earlier than last year which I believe she was quoted on, which could very well mean before the week is out...

I remember her mentioned it’ll be here ‘soon’ when at the NME awards, but don’t have any recollection of her say it’ll be earlier than last year?

1 hour ago, CJTM said:

They all get given the "I'm playing Glastonbury" GIF to stick on Twitter, but I'm guessing they don't get those more than a few days/a week before.

I doubt there is a an actual date in the diary until quite late. Some of the big acts probably ask the festival to hold off until they've announced their own tours/shows and sold a certain percentage of tickets to these.

I think it'll be next week at the earliest. Still feels a bit early to me.

1 minute ago, Sasperella said:

I think it could be this week....but Neil hasn't given us even the slightest indication that it's on the way!

who knows if I'll even know if it's on the way? I don't.

But I don't think there's anything really indicating that it is coming soon. Taking a guess, I reckon this week is still too early for it; next week is about the earliest I can see it coming - if it's coming earlier than it normally does.

I’m normally chomping at the bit to get the line up but will be taking my 2 year old and 8 month old this year so I won’t get to see the usual amount of bands as normal so not checking here every 10 minutes like previous years. As long as I’ve got a couple of bands I like a day to see then I will be happy. 24th March is my guess for the line up, my birthday 

2 minutes ago, big__phil said:

Some of the big acts probably ask the festival to hold off until they've announced their own tours/shows and sold a certain percentage of tickets to these.

Considering you can still buy GA tickets at the cheaper launch price for Kenny’s BST show, he won’t want the poster to drop anytime soon

25 minutes ago, Jack.194 said:

I remember her mentioned it’ll be here ‘soon’ when at the NME awards, but don’t have any recollection of her say it’ll be earlier than last year?

Think I had read it in here, couldn't say for certain, still going to stick with March 25th for now

6 minutes ago, henry bear said:

Considering you can still buy GA tickets at the cheaper launch price for Kenny’s BST show, he won’t want the poster to drop anytime soon

I doubt he'll be too bothered, he probably gets the same fee however many tickets are sold. It's the promoter who'll take the hit if there's a hit to be taken.

i think it's exceedingly likely there'll be an agreement in place already for the Glastonbury announcement to be made after a particular date.

12 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

who knows if I'll even know if it's on the way? I don't.

But I don't think there's anything really indicating that it is coming soon. Taking a guess, I reckon this week is still too early for it; next week is about the earliest I can see it coming - if it's coming earlier than it normally does.

Is there a normal heads up you get ? Or does it vary ? 

2 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

I doubt he'll be too bothered, he probably gets the same fee however many tickets are sold. It's the promoter who'll take the hit if there's a hit to be taken.

i think it's exceedingly likely there'll be an agreement in place already for the Glastonbury announcement to be made after a particular date.

Stop posting Neil. Everytime I see you have posted in last 2 minutes on this thread it gets my heart racing!