2020 Next Announcement Thread!

Matt42

5 minutes ago, sisco said:

It’s got to the point where I don’t care about an announcement.  I’ll be more upset looking at all these acts I’ve dreamed about seeing and then it’s cancelled (praying it’s not).

Ive got caught up in the whole it’s not going to happen and can’t find the logic to talk myself out of it

Yeh, my general excitement is lower than normal. It almost seems crazy that the poster is coming so soon...I guess because my attention has been diverted to other things. But then maybe this is just how normal, non-obsessed feel about the poster drop :lol:

18 hours ago, a6l6e6x said:

February 17 - mrholmes
February 18 - zahidf
February 19 - fightoffyour
February 20 - nicnzl, Rocketfrog1820
February 21 - Brad2434, Jack.194
February 23 - Damon
February 24 - HattersBoy, Obiginnaw
February 25 - billum, Dronx
February 26 - dentalplan
February 27 - mcshed
February 28 - OnlyRevolutions
February 29 - Keithy, funkychick2007
March 2 - WestCountryGirl, s30foster
March 3 - AlexOvd, assorted, jparx, gmb1992, rawrsomesauce
March 4 - HeyPorter, kingbadger, sequenci 
March 5 - SupernintendoChalmers, Sasperella, The Red Telephone
March 6 - Gnomicide, chuckles07, shuttlep
March 7 - beefykoala, Havors

March 8 - Chazwozza
March 9 - Doug85, Stokesy10, discgoesmic
March 10 - LGH, Freddyflintstonree, dotdash79, JonnyG
March 11 - RarerThanDandyB, Earth_pig, the_arsonist, zeppelin, Chrisp1986, wro_lap
March 12 - Joey T, jyoung, Wellyboot, SomeoneListeningIn
March 13 - Jakeyboi135, Andy0808 v5, MetaKate, chazwwe, Radiochicken, Slugy
March 15 - northernringo
March 16 - Fish Bulb, moams, Ashl
March 17 - Waltere, crazyfool1, circus92, FuzzyDunlop, Miyn, thrillhouse188
March 18 - Kalopsia, Matt42, Guy Incognito, mazola
March 19 - sisco, maelzoid, Quark, Jack The Stripper
March 20 - giantkatestacks, kalifire, Hugh Jass, Gregfc15
March 22 - Simsy, Ayrshire Chris, sheerin_lfc
March 23 - Jon F, Bennykill
March 24 - a6l6e6x, reflekting
March 25 - CJTM, kingcrawler
March 26 - Tuna, DareToDibble, Smash Williams
March 27 - Suprefan, Northtim
March 28 - mikegday
March 29 - Greenelk
March 31 - MattyMooz, petewilson09, Huckleberry Finn
April 1 - priest17
April 2 - august1
April 3 - eFestivals
April 6 - Tommy Dickfingers
April 8 - the wonderwhy
April 13 - jj200

Any chance I could nominate March 30th? I was meant to be going to Japan that day but had to cancel due to CV, so hoping for some good juicy Glasto news as a compromise!

12 minutes ago, Chef said:

Could this be related? Seems odd for a comedian to embargo their own gigs so suspect it’s either part of some kind of festival or something different like a TV show. 

Probably unrelated. Not sure comedians get on the first poster. 

I just think it’s unlikely they are going to announce right now and then face all the inevitable negative publicity. There will be headlines like ‘Glastonbury line up announced but will it go ahead?’  
Or the Eavi will get some dick reporters saying they are putting peoples lives at risk and it shouldn’t go ahead.

I’d say lay low, let it calm down for a few weeks then announce later than usual and just before balances are due.

Just now, Gwladboy said:

I just think it’s unlikely they are going to announce right now and then face all the inevitable negative publicity. There will be headlines like ‘Glastonbury line up announced but will it go ahead?’  
Or the Eavi will get some dick reporters saying they are putting peoples lives at risk and it shouldn’t go ahead.

I’d say lay low, let it calm down for a few weeks then announce later than usual and just before balances are due.

News flash, its not going to calm down in a few weeks. 

38 minutes ago, sisco said:

It’s got to the point where I don’t care about an announcement.  I’ll be more upset looking at all these acts I’ve dreamed about seeing and then it’s cancelled (praying it’s not).

Ive got caught up in the whole it’s not going to happen and can’t find the logic to talk myself out of it

I'm the opposite - I want to at least see the poster if it's not going ahead. Not knowing what we missed out on would be worse for me. Dunno if that's weird. 

Edited by Freddyflintstonree
Removed potentially

31 minutes ago, Gwladboy said:

Every other festival have/are announcing their line-ups as planned - don’t see why Glasto has to be any different. We all know it, like any other event, may not be able to happen, but I’m sure the organisers carry on with business as usual until then. 

13 minutes ago, henry bear said:

Every other festival have/are announcing their line-ups as planned - don’t see why Glasto has to be any different. We all know it, like any other event, may not be able to happen, but I’m sure the organisers carry on with business as usual until then. 

Yeah fair enough. I suppose my point is that the media don’t generally care about all those others. Anything Glastonbury is an easy headline.

1 hour ago, kingbadger said:

Find it disgraceful that people are trying to enter the field of play this late into the game. Outrageous behaviour

Yeah, or saying "I know I'm out but if I had a second guess I'd go for..."

This is a one-time only deal, the stakes are high. The chance to become the King or Queen of eFests predictions 2020.

2 hours ago, kingbadger said:

Find it disgraceful that people are trying to enter the field of play this late into the game. Outrageous behaviour

Well, I wasn't here when the original game started but I can confidently say that I would never have gone as early as some people did, absolutely bonkers.