2020 Next Announcement Thread!

Matt42

13 minutes ago, rawrsomesauce said:

All this chat has made me realise I've never seen a Park headline set, maybe that'll change this year? In 2015 I didn't have a headliner so after Jamie xx (which remains one of my favourite sets of all time) I ended up in silent disco then saw FFS on the Sunday on JP. In 2016, I saw New Order & LCD on Other, 2017 I plucked for sitting outside the JP for Metronomy then last year I ended up in SE Corner for Gojira & Idles on the Friday then saw Janelle Monae on the Sunday. 

Likewise. Hopefully a Friday night headline set from Caribou this year 🤞🏼

18 minutes ago, rawrsomesauce said:

All this chat has made me realise I've never seen a Park headline set, maybe that'll change this year? In 2015 I didn't have a headliner so after Jamie xx (which remains one of my favourite sets of all time) I ended up in silent disco then saw FFS on the Sunday on JP. In 2016, I saw New Order & LCD on Other, 2017 I plucked for sitting outside the JP for Metronomy then last year I ended up in SE Corner for Gojira & Idles on the Friday then saw Janelle Monae on the Sunday. 

Of the big stages, I've never seen an Other Stage headliner, or Acoustic but I guess lots of people haven't finished the day there. 

29 minutes ago, rawrsomesauce said:

2019, rex orange county headline set on the park was one of the best performances I have seen at the festival in recent memory

2 hours ago, Mouseboy11 said:

I feel the same way about Taylor, although with the rumoured alternatives of Pet Shop Boys and Editors it doesn’t seem like there’s going to be much worth missing her for.

Would be made up with an Editors headline slot somewhere, went to see them in Manchester last weekend and they were brilliant. 

41 minutes ago, rawrsomesauce said:

Only one I’ve seen is Bon Iver in 2009. Those who were there only speak of that set in the most hushed, revered tones. Fabulous place to watch a headliner, it annoys me I’ve not done one there since.

40 minutes ago, Superscally said:

Spot on about all, I wasn't at Radiohead but the rest, incredible. I was gutted that U2 rained because at the front, where you couldn't tell, it was magic. I was running before when Pictures of You came on by the Cure and it took me right back. There was a mad swirling atmosphere for the Cure and possibly the best sound I've ever heard from a band there.

I was too far back for U2. It wasn’t just the rain but the wind started blowing the sound all over the place. Shame as the start was brilliant, loved all the Achtung Baby songs and the Zoo TV stuff on the screens. 

The Cure was amazing. Pictures Of You sticks in the memory for me as jaw dropping then after that it’s a beautiful blur. The most reverential crowd I’ve seen of the 10 Pyramid headliners I’ve seen, you had to just lose yourself in it. Right about their sound as well, best I’ve heard on the Pyramid. It wasn’t a fluke either, off the back of Glastonbury I went to see them in Glasgow and they sounded nearly as good, the first thing my mate said was ‘woah how good is the sound?!’ But as amazing as they were it wasn’t as good as at Glastonbury....

52 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

Think the only major stage I’ve never seen a headliner on is the Acoustic.

Guy who lives in my town, I hesitate to call him a mate, was so out of his face on substances that he ended up in the acoustic watching the acoustic status quo, complete with accordion player,  when he was actually trying to find Radiohead on the pyramid. I think he was wondering why Thom Yorke had gone so upbeat! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, tomfestival_11 said:

Brilliant live band. I saw them on the pyramid one year and was surprised how good they were 

Is this the when it had been pissing down and as they sung ‘I don’t think that it’s, gonna rain again today’ the entire crowd cheered. Love them, really hope they’re Sunday JP

1 hour ago, Superscally said:

Spot on about all, I wasn't at Radiohead but the rest, incredible. I was gutted that U2 rained because at the front, where you couldn't tell, it was magic. I was running before when Pictures of You came on by the Cure and it took me right back. There was a mad swirling atmosphere for the Cure and possibly the best sound I've ever heard from a band there.

You’re right about the sound for The Cure - it was spot on - but for some reason the atmosphere during that set just didn’t work for me. A shame as musically they were brilliant. I was a fair way back so maybe that didn’t help.

1 hour ago, MEGABOWL said:

Only one I’ve seen is Bon Iver in 2009. Those who were there only speak of that set in the most hushed, revered tones. Fabulous place to watch a headliner, it annoys me I’ve not done one there since.

Would have loved that. I did Ryan Adams and that was incredible... Yep. I know.

46 minutes ago, plot2pot said:

You’re right about the sound for The Cure - it was spot on - but for some reason the atmosphere during that set just didn’t work for me. A shame as musically they were brilliant. I was a fair way back so maybe that didn’t help.

Aw that's such a shame. Sometimes it's just cos you're plain done. 😃

19 hours ago, Gnomicide said:

Of the big stages, I've never seen an Other Stage headliner, or Acoustic but I guess lots of people haven't finished the day there. 

Acoustic stage is a bit meh for headliner but having said that I have seen 2 over 10 years - Dexy’s against Metallica - sad thing is Metallica were so loud you could hear it in the tent. Also saw Cyndi Lauper against Coldplay on Sunday  in 2016. Still the best choice! She was brilliant. 

On 3/6/2020 at 7:50 PM, Ddiamondd said:

Isleys vs Macca is going to be a hard call if that is accurate.

Macca I saw in 2004 with my Da' at only my second Glasto, first Pyramid headliner I saw the whole way through, I don't think I can top that for nostalgia and joy. The coverage of him on the Beeb will be top notch and replays circulating for months to follow.

Isleys I adore but if the crowd is thin or the weather is off, that Pyramid magic will be calling me.

Kendrick – Isleys/Macca – Pet Shop Boys is a sensational trio for me, no matter what. But I might be making the call on the day, which I generally don't like to do.

Macca for me as I’ve never seen him, have been hoping he’d get booked for Glastonbury since I first went in 2013. Absolutely gutted about Isley Brothers up again him. I thought they were booked for Sunday. 

Dunno what to do for a Sunday headliner now maybe Kano.

10 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

Likewise ... off to check on Sunday poster drops ... :) 

Don’t think there have been any? I remember seeing a stat on here a while ago on announcements per days of the week - and I think Sunday had 9ish?