2020 Next Announcement Thread!

Matt42

1 minute ago, mttJ said:

I'd have probably done it in 2004 and 2017 going through previous Clashfinders. Not sure I'd like to miss the Sunday night Pyramid headliner?

2017 was a weird end to the festival because I didn’t really have a headliner I was that interested in. It definitely impacted the end of the festival for me.

Just now, Matt42 said:

2017 was a weird end to the festival because I didn’t really have a headliner I was that interested in. It definitely impacted the end of the festival for me.

I had the same at Reading 2018. Was the first time I wasn't looking forward to the Sunday headliner (KoL) and it goes down as my least favourite of all the ones I did. I'm more than happy with Taylor Swift though if there's no alternatives. 

59 minutes ago, RarerThanDandyB said:

Has anyone ever done all three?

Nope, usually only 1, sometimes 2.  In the case of 2015 - none.

I would if there was three I wanted to see though.   But I do like to see headliners at other stages too, WH and The Park have cracking atmospheres at the right headliner moments.

5 minutes ago, stuie said:

Nope, usually only 1, sometimes 2.  In the case of 2015 - none.

I would if there was three I wanted to see though.   But I do like to see headliners at other stages too, WH and The Park have cracking atmospheres at the right headliner moments.

im yet to park myself up the hill for a headiner in 13 festivals .... Im still hoping to though .... actually it won't have been in 13 cos it appeared in 2010  I think :) .... Id love to find someone I like headlining that stage 

Edited by crazyfool1

Mrs J isn’t quite as passionate about music as I am, she loves Glastonbury and everything about it but tends to let me lead when it comes to actually seeing bands. The flip side is that when she wants to see something it’s a no questions asked kinda deal. It explains some of the questionable choices in my headliner history.

2 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

*Not* seeing a Pyramid Headliner gave 2017 a weird balance. One of my least favourite years.

As I’ve said before, there is no other stage in that festival, or anywhere else on the planet, that can top the Pyramid. Seeing an act you love smash a headline set up there is one of the greatest experiences live music can offer.

• Upvote 3

This year is my first Glastonbury so I wasn't there but there seems to be a lot of people making excuses for why they saw Sheeran...think we have a lot of Ed fans here who are in denial...

With regards to this year, I'm not a massive fan of any of the headliners to be honest, but wan't to make sure I will see one which at the moment is most likely Macca if he is against Dua Lipa, as it will be a great sing a long

Just now, Hugh Jass said:

As I’ve said before, there is no other stage in that festival, or anywhere else on the planet, that can top the Pyramid. Seeing an act you love smash a headline set up there is one of the greatest experiences live music can offer.

Yeah - I agree. The folk who take pride in never seeing anything on it are self-owning to a significant degree.

1 minute ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Yeah - I agree. The folk who take pride in never seeing anything on it are self-owning to a significant degree.

There was something so so so satisfying about seeing Adele up on that stage. You can tell she was loving every second of it.

3 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

It's one of those many Glastonbury related experiences that is impossible to describe to anybody who has never been.