2020 Next Announcement Thread!

Matt42

2 minutes ago, WestCountryGirl said:

Whilst the TV conversation is still going on, I'm just going to chime in that I never really cared for Breaking Bad, but Better Call Saul is definitely my favourite TV show produced in the last 10 years.

And I have seen The Sopranos and The Wire.

Breaking Bad doesn’t get anywhere near the likes of The Wire, Sopranos or Chernobyl. It’s good, but more in a popcorny sort of way. There isn’t the same depth to it as The Wire or Sops. Just IMO.

4 minutes ago, WestCountryGirl said:

Whilst the TV conversation is still going on, I'm just going to chime in that I never really cared for Breaking Bad, but Better Call Saul is definitely my favourite TV show produced in the last 10 years.

And I have seen The Sopranos and The Wire.

The argument that Better Call Saul is better than Breaking Bad is why The Wire is the king followed by The Sopranos. 

21 hours ago, crazyfool1 said:

March 6 - Gnomicide, chuckles07
March 7 - beefykoala, Havors
March 8 - Chazwozza
March 9 - Doug85, Stokesy10, discgoesmic
March 10 - LGH, Freddyflintstonree, dotdash79, JonnyG
March 11 - RarerThanDandyB, Earth_pig, the_arsonist, zeppelin, Chrisp1986, wro_lap
March 12 - Joey T, jyoung, Wellyboot
March 13 - Jakeyboi135, Andy0808 v5, MetaKate, chazwwe, Radiochicken, Slugy
March 15 - northernringo
March 16 - Fish Bulb, moams, Ashl
March 17 - Waltere, crazyfool1, circus92, FuzzyDunlop, Miyn, thrillhouse188
March 18 - Kalopsia, Matt42, Guy Incognito, mazola
March 19 - sisco, maelzoid, Quark, Jack The Stripper
March 20 - giantkatestacks, kalifire, Hugh Jass, Gregfc15
March 22 - Simsy, Ayrshire Chris, sheerin_lfc
March 23 - Jon F, Bennykill
March 24 - a6l6e6x, reflekting
March 25 - CJTM, kingcrawler
March 26 - Tuna, DareToDibble, Smash Williams
March 27 - Suprefan
March 28 - mikegday
March 31 - MattyMooz, petewilson09, Huckleberry Finn
April 1 - priest17
April 2 - august1
April 3 - eFestivals
April 6 - Tommy Dickfingers
April 8 - the wonderwhy

this is where we are now :) 

I really have no idea who to see on Friday and Sunday this year. I'm already seeing Kendrick, Taylor, Kano, Charli XCX, and Thom Yorke at other fests, and I imagine there will be less clashes there. Have already seen Pet Shop Boys just last year. Not really that familiar with Editors, Dua Lipa, and the Isley Brothers.

Macca is the only one nailed on for me...

37 minutes ago, RarerThanDandyB said:

Has anyone ever done all three?

Thinking about it. I haven’t.

2013 - Arctic Monkeys, Rolling Stones

2015 - Florence + The Machine, Kanye West

2016 - Adele, Coldplay.

2017 - Radiohead, Foo Fighters.

All of the years I have been I have done two.

43 minutes ago, RarerThanDandyB said:

Just the once on my first year at the fest in 2014. Since then, it's been as follows:

2015 - Kanye

2016 - Muse 

2017 - Radiohead & Foos

2019 - Killers

There is something lovely about seeing a smaller headliner and one of my favourite glasto memories is of sitting just outside the JP stage in 2017 during Metronomy with my best mate (it was her first glasto) chatting shit and talking about how neither of us wanted to go home. 

9 minutes ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

I really have no idea who to see on Friday and Sunday this year. I'm already seeing Kendrick, Taylor, Kano, Charli XCX, and Thom Yorke at other fests, and I imagine there will be less clashes there. Have already seen Pet Shop Boys just last year. Not really that familiar with Editors, Dua Lipa, and the Isley Brothers.

Macca is the only one nailed on for me...

If PSB aren’t playing on the Friday then I will do Bicep if they are on at the park. 

46 minutes ago, RarerThanDandyB said:

I have

2015 - Florence and the Machine and Kanye West
2016 - Muse and Coldplay (I did however walk past Adele so saw 2 songs, not sure if that counts?) 
2017 - Radiohead, Foos and Ed Sheran, Ed was biggest regret of my life, should've gone to Block 9.
2019 - The Killers

I bought the entire box set of The Wire on blu-ray having never seen an episode. Managed season 1 and then got distracted at the start of season 2 and never went back. At times season 1 felt liike a very very slow burner without many edge-of-your-seat or cliffhanger moments - does that change at all as the seasons go on? 

36 minutes ago, Andy0808 v5 said:

I am sorry to say Taylor swift is extremely missable.

In a place as wonderful as Glastonbury, I think it’s impossible to not miss at least a few unmissable things each day.

I feel the same way about Taylor, although with the rumoured alternatives of Pet Shop Boys and Editors it doesn’t seem like there’s going to be much worth missing her for.

1 hour ago, Quark said:

See also: Sopranos, Breaking Bad, Shawshank Redemption, The Wire, Kendrick Lamar....the list goes on :)

Shawshank Redemption is worth 2.5 hours of anyone's life.

Breaking Bad was bloody good but it's an investment of 2.5 days of your life if you watch it back to back without stopping!

Agree about Taylor though, not gonna spend masses of time trying to like something - it should just happen.

1 minute ago, JackDoesDrawing said:

I bought the entire box set of The Wire on blu-ray having never seen an episode. Managed season 1 and then got distracted at the start of season 2 and never went back. At times season 1 felt liike a very very slow burner without many edge-of-your-seat or cliffhanger moments - does that change at all as the seasons go on? 

the wire takes a bit of getting into but is so good as it goes on

everyone that hasn't seen Sopranos... theres an old Italian saying, you fuck up once, you lose two teeth