2020 Next Announcement Thread!

Matt42

Just now, jparx said:

I'd love it if there's an announcement tomorrow after all the virus chat.

That would be amazing. 

I’ve decided I’m not going in the virus threads anymore, there’s nothing there for me! 

2 minutes ago, stuie said:

That would be amazing. 

I’ve decided I’m not going in the virus threads anymore, there’s nothing there for me! 

Don't think I can stay away annoyingly, but yes it's a horrible thread! 

3 minutes ago, jparx said:

I'd love it if there's an announcement tomorrow after all the virus chat.

Well I suppose we need some kind of distraction from that doom and gloom loop. Not least as that's no longer going to be James Bond given the new film's not coming out for another 7 months.

Edited by charlierc

6 minutes ago, stuie said:

I decided exactly the same this morning as it is just depressing me.

Unfortunately that thread feels a bit like a road traffic accident were everyone feels the need to have a look even though you know you won’t feel good after having a look.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, circus92 said:

Unfortunately that thread feels a bit like a road traffic accident were everyone feels the need to have a look even though you know you won’t feel good after having a look.

I've been avoiding that thread since I got the feeling it was swerving from "I'm worried Glastonbury will be cancelled" to "WE SHOULD START A PETITION TO CANCEL GLASTONBURY!"

24 minutes ago, circus92 said:

It's the worst! But I'm in some horrid loop of that and the Guardian live feed that I can't seem to escape from. 

A poster would sort me right out 

16 minutes ago, Sasperella said:

It's the worst! But I'm in some horrid loop of that and the Guardian live feed that I can't seem to escape from. 

A poster would sort me right out 

I don't know if a poster would sort me out as all this doom and gloom would probably just drown it out!

It would be F**king typical for me if my first Glasto was cancelled - you guys had me all hyped up for all the fun and excitement that would be starting around this time and running all the way through to June.

Now all I see every-time I log on is this bloody Corona thread winking at me with it permanent "Hot" status.

I need to keep the faith.  I will not enter.  I will not enter ....

Edited by circus92
  • Upvote 2

52 minutes ago, jparx said:

Don't think I can stay away annoyingly, but yes it's a horrible thread! 

Looked at it once a couple days ago and haven’t checked it since. I kind get people want to discuss it for whatever reason - but if it’s cancelled it’s cancelled, if it’s not it’s not - no amount of intense worried discussion is going to change it!

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, Jack.194 said:

Looked at it once a couple days ago and haven’t checked it since. I kind get people want to discuss it for whatever reason - but if it’s cancelled it’s cancelled, if it’s not it’s not - no amount of intense worried discussion is going to change it!

Too right. There is literally no point in that thread, let alone the others that keep springing up, or people bringing it up in other threads. No point whatsoever.

Just now, morph100 said:

Think there will be any Special Guest slots to keep us guessing on the poster?

Emily said in her NME interview (I think) there will be a few secret sets. The only issue is on here they don’t stay secret for long as we’re a forum of detectives :lol: 

28 minutes ago, circus92 said:

I don't know if a poster would sort me out as all this doom and gloom would probably just drown it out!

It would be F**king typical for me if my first Glasto was cancelled - you guys had me all hyped up for all the fun and excitement that would be starting around this time and running all the way through to June.

Now all I see every-time I log on is this bloody Corona thread winking at me with it permanent "Hot" status.

Aaaah man, yeh I really feel for you! Seeing your posts as you discover the joys of EFestivals has been great. And now contending with this mother of all curve balls...nightmare!

I won't look anymore if you don't look, deal?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Sasperella said:

Aaaah man, yeh I really feel for you! Seeing your posts as you discover the joys of EFestivals has been great. And now contending with this mother of all curve balls...nightmare!

Temptation to post a link to an announcement that actually just links into the virus page is growing ;)

I'm sticking with 19th March. Aside from anything else I've got a levellers gig that night, so to go there on the high of a poster drop would be immense!

32 minutes ago, circus92 said:

This is what you’ll come to learn about this place. As excited and obsessive as we all are about Glastonbury we can bring you down with a single thread of worry :lol: 

On a serious note - I’m sure all will be fine and you’ll have THE best time at the festival. Make sure you come along to the eFests meet 👍🏼

22 minutes ago, Jack.194 said:

Check out the weather thread at the start of June.

People love discussing awful shit on here. There was a Lynard Skynard thread the other day.

Just now, Quark said:

I'm sticking with 19th March. Aside from anything else I've got a levellers gig that night, so to go there on the high of a poster drop would be immense!

You’re exactly a week early I’m afraid 😏

I’ve actually just noticed I have an all day work meeting on my prediction day, 26th March, with no access to my phone/internet. I’ve never wanted to be wrong more in my life.

1 minute ago, priest17 said:

Check out the weather thread at the start of June.

People love discussing awful shit on here. There was a Lynard Skynard thread the other day.

Tell you what, if the festival goes ahead it'll really suck the drama out the weather thread. I'd take a 2005 flood right now.

16 minutes ago, Sasperella said:

Easy deal that one! 👍