2020 Next Announcement Thread!

Matt42

20 hours ago, priest17 said:

It should be illegal to change your name on here but doubly illegal to change your picture. Throws off my whole game when people do it. At the very least your rep should go to -99,999.

I was strangely out of sorts yesterday when I contemplated changing it to something more original like all you other dudes rather than having the most boring user name on here.  But I have now decided that by the very fact it’s boring it stands out as being original. So it won’t change. 

1 minute ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

I was strangely out of sorts yesterday when I contemplated changing it to something more original like all you other dudes rather than having the most boring user name on here.  But I have now decided that by the very fact it’s boring it stands out as being original. So it won’t change. 

Don't think yours is actually boring tbh as I recognise it every time I see it

With Liverpools loss today a announcement this week would certainly cheer me up

46 minutes ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

I, too, always recognise your name.

I however wish I picked something slightly more audible/distinctive. At least I have a creative icon in my photo of The Park area😬

1 hour ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

It's too late, you have a brand now. You can only change our minds through outlandish posts and buying me pints at this point.

Mines my last name and my favourite number, yet I've built up a solid brand of jokes that don't land, predictions that don't land, and just a general anonymity. But it's my anonymity. You won't see me at the meet but you won't get rid of me on here. I've forgotten my original point.

• Upvote 1

Can’t imagine any announcements at this point. It may have been scheduled, but I think Coronavirus will push back any announcements until the situation is a bit clearer. Then it’ll accompany an announcement about the festival to manage everyone’s expectations just prior to balance payment week. 

1 hour ago, kalifire said:

Can’t imagine any announcements at this point. It may have been scheduled, but I think Coronavirus will push back any announcements until the situation is a bit clearer. Then it’ll accompany an announcement about the festival to manage everyone’s expectations just prior to balance payment week. 

When did the 2019 lineup come out.

57 minutes ago, jj200 said:

When did the 2019 lineup come out.

March 15th: https://theglastonburythingy.weebly.com/when-does.html

2 hours ago, kalifire said:

I really cant see coronavirus affecting the date that much though, swine flu was at a similar rate in 09/10 and it didn’t seem to affect either of those instalments of the festival from what I’ve looked at. You might be right though, I just hope you aren’t!

7 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

I’m in the it will happen as normal team ... changing it will cause more uncertainty and could potentially have knock on effects for other festivals in what they do 

Yeah me too... Not just festivals, the whole cultural calendar would fall apart if Glasto showed hesitation on this? 

5 minutes ago, whitehorses said:

Yeah me too... Not just festivals, the whole cultural calendar would fall apart if Glasto showed hesitation on this? 

if Glastonbury changed things it would be precedent setting for the entire summer ....how could any other festival react differently after that ?

1 minute ago, crazyfool1 said:

if Glastonbury changed things it would be precedent setting for the entire summer ....how could any other festival react differently after that ?

I'd be looking at a different festival to go to, if that gives you a clue as to how festivals would react. :P

1 minute ago, dentalplan said:

I'd be looking at a different festival to go to, if that gives you a clue as to how festivals would react. :P

im confused .... doesnt bother me either way as to how they react ... but thats what I think will happen with Glastonbury ....

49 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

Other festivals don’t have deposit schemes and a set window to pay ticket balances.

That said, we’re into March now so not long to go at all.

Alot do now, Glastonbury trailblazed! Boomtown, Leeds, Green Man (I think) all offer installment plans. 

1 minute ago, zeppelin said:

One thing I don't understand is why Glastonbury don't open up the balance window earlier or not have one at all. 

I'd have probably paid already and surely the festival would be better off with our money in the bank sooner? 

Isn’t it for tax reasons?

April 1st is the new tax year.

1 hour ago, Hugh Jass said:

Other festivals don’t have deposit schemes and a set window to pay ticket balances.

That said, we’re into March now so not long to go at all.

Lots have monthly payment schemes though which are continuing to take money from people.  They are also smaller festivals where returning all the monies could have even bigger implications on their futures

1 hour ago, Jack.194 said:

March 15th: https://theglastonburythingy.weebly.com/when-does.html

I really cant see coronavirus affecting the date that much though, swine flu was at a similar rate in 09/10 and it didn’t seem to affect either of those instalments of the festival from what I’ve looked at. You might be right though, I just hope you aren’t!

Do you think it's because a headliner has dropped out.

And do you think it's to early for the lineup to be dropped.

Edited by jj200

4 hours ago, kalifire said:

Can’t imagine any announcements at this point. It may have been scheduled, but I think Coronavirus will push back any announcements until the situation is a bit clearer. 

Surely at this point the festival organising has to proceed as normal? The default is that it will happen, and I can’t see why it wouldn’t other than the government banning large gatherings and hopefully it won’t come to that in the UK.