2020 Next Announcement Thread!

Matt42

2 hours ago, kingbadger said:

Mine stems from playing Premier League cricket in Essex. Fair to say with my sizeable belly, scruffy beard and jovial nature I don't present as your normal premier league cricketer who usually has a pristine barnet, brand new sponsored kit etc. Overheard someone say to their batting partner in my first season playing in the league say 'who's this ***king badger?' when I came on to bowl. Got him out a few overs later and sent him on his way with something along the lines of 'I'm that ...king badger' (having missed the first syllable out as not to piss off the umpires) so it came out as King Badger. Didn't really stick too long as a nickname (I have plenty of others) but I liked it enough to adopt it for use on here and a few other sites.

I am actively considering changing my user name. Having the most boring user name on e fests is no fun whatsoever. Sometimes I feel insignificant and embarrassed when I see the originality that some on here have. 

I wish there would be an announcement soon. The above is just an indication how bored I am waiting! 

Edited by Ayrshire Chris
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

I am actively considering changing my user name. Having the most boring user name on e fests is no fun whatsoever. Sometimes I feel insignificant and embarrassed when I see the originality that some on here have. 

I wish there would be an announcement soon. The above is just an indication how bored I am waiting! 

Think I can match you on one of the most boring user names

12 minutes ago, a6l6e6x said:

Hate my username. Made it when I was 16 and thought the number 666 was cool. 12 years later and I'm still stuck with it

It’s a challenge to remember this ... all I can think of is the person with lots of random letters and numbers ... but can’t remember which order they are :) 

It’s not your user name that will make you remembered, it’s what you write. Whether that be quality, humour, informative, in bad taste, argumentative, or just makes us sit up and think. That’s what will make you stand out , not some fancy name or constant drivel posts.

she says, having written complete  drivel 😂

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, deebeedoobee said:

It’s not your user name that will make you remembered, it’s what you write. Whether that be quality, humour, informative, in bad taste, argumentative, or just makes us sit up and think. That’s what will make you stand out , not some fancy name or constant drivel posts.

I’m feeling better already! 👍

Even better having just found the recording I made of the church bells in pilton on my phone! 

Edited by Ayrshire Chris

1 hour ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

I like it. As someone new to Scotland, and combined with your awesome pics across the Clyd, it seems fitting (to me) 🙂

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, deebeedoobee said:

I dunno... Hugh Jass and Cali Gonzo are the only one of you lot I could name when I’m not on the site, and that’s entirely down to the names...

55 minutes ago, GrumpyRaver said:

I dunno... Hugh Jass and Cali Gonzo are the only one of you lot I could name when I’m not on the site, and that’s entirely down to the names...

You clearly weren't here for @deebeedoobee's well tracking last year... Lots of people emerge for various things! 

Maybe @crazyfool1 can remind me, but didn't Gucci Piggy change his name from Will something or other? It took me a while to clock that, but then I recognised a couple of the more risque stories....

12 hours ago, Sasperella said:

You clearly weren't here for @deebeedoobee's well tracking last year... Lots of people emerge for various things! 

Maybe @crazyfool1 can remind me, but didn't Gucci Piggy change his name from Will something or other? It took me a while to clock that, but then I recognised a couple of the more risque stories....

he did I think but ive been racking my brain today and I cant remember what ....