2020 Next Announcement Thread!

Matt42

3 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

Jokes aside I can’t see any further lineup announcements if there is any doubt over the festival actually going ahead.

It would be business as usual until the point they were told the festival couldn't take place.

I fail to see the sense in not releasing a poster?

Working on logic like that we may as well not get the lineup until the gates open because the weather might cause the festival to not go ahead...

2 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

I can't see what difference it makes to anything.

You don’t think it would leave a sour taste if they announced a list of names only to cancel a few days later?

IMO the go/no go decision will happen around balance payment time, which is usually when the poster comes out. Would they really release a poster if they’re not sure whether it’ll actually go ahead?

Hoping for late March “GLASTONBURY IS GOING AHEAD!!! And to celebrate here’s the poster!”

2 minutes ago, JoeyT said:

It would be business as usual until the point they were told the festival couldn't take place.

I fail to see the sense in not releasing a poster?

Working on logic like that we may as well not get the lineup until the gates open because the weather might cause the festival to not go ahead...

That’s not the logic at all is it? The weather is unknown and would cause a last minute cancellation. This is something that is known about and is being discussed months in advance.

43 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

You don’t think it would leave a sour taste if they announced a list of names only to cancel a few days later?

nah. Shit happens, and if it's going to happen it's going to happen.

Up until the point they decide to cancel I expect they'll keep moving their normal plans forwards. 

No one is going to be holding anything against the festival or the bands if circumstances outside of both's control cause the festival to be cancelled.

14 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

nah. Shit happens, and if it's going to happen it's going to happen.

Up until the point they decide to cancel I expect they'll keep moving their normal plans forwards. 

No one is going to be holding anything against the festival or the bands if circumstances outside of both's control cause the festival to be cancelled.

So say it WAS cancelled - I wonder if they'd make all tickets valid for 2021, or if they'd just refund all the money and move on. They could make it like a choice in the balance payment (defer until next year or refund).

I'd be gutted to lose out completely once securing a ticket as we all know they're like gold dust.

19 minutes ago, discgoesmic said:

So say it WAS cancelled - I wonder if they'd make all tickets valid for 2021, or if they'd just refund all the money and move on. They could make it like a choice in the balance payment (defer until next year or refund).

I'd be gutted to lose out completely once securing a ticket as we all know they're like gold dust.

definetly feels like they'd refund but ideally if it does get cancelled its after the full payment date and they offer the chance to save your ticket for 2021

1 hour ago, Hugh Jass said:

IMO the go/no go decision will happen around balance payment time, which is usually when the poster comes out. Would they really release a poster if they’re not sure whether it’ll actually go ahead?

Hoping for late March “GLASTONBURY IS GOING AHEAD!!! And to celebrate here’s the poster!”

It hasn't stopped other festivals announcing stuff though. Announcements are still coming thick and fast. Major festivals like Mad Cool as well.

34 minutes ago, discgoesmic said:

My guess is somewhere between - we know that the system already has the ability to mark nominated registration numbers as eligible to buy when most can't, as used for the cyclist pre-sale, and for friends-of-staff on cancelled tickets close to the festival.

So while they'd without question refund everyone (aside from anything else, to avoid carrying the balances across a financial year) maybe they give everyone who had a ticket 24 hours head start before opening ticket sales to the wider world.

21 minutes ago, drunk pumpkin said:

definetly feels like they'd refund but ideally if it does get cancelled its after the full payment date and they offer the chance to save your ticket for 2021

3 minutes ago, incident said:

My guess is somewhere between - we know that the system already has the ability to mark nominated registration numbers as eligible to buy when most can't, as used for the cyclist pre-sale, and for friends-of-staff on cancelled tickets close to the festival.

So while they'd without question refund everyone (aside from anything else, to avoid carrying the balances across a financial year) maybe they give everyone who had a ticket 24 hours head start before opening ticket sales to the wider world.

I think both would be completely valid. I totally agree with the financial difficulties in holding onto the money, so a 24hour ‘presale’ would certainly be interesting. The problem is as the festival always sells out without fail, they’d probably choose the simplest (and most cost effective) method and run the sale BAU for 2021 after refunding holders for this year. 

27 minutes ago, jparx said:

It hasn't stopped other festivals announcing stuff though. Announcements are still coming thick and fast. Major festivals like Mad Cool as well.

True, but if they have to make a decision by roughly the same time the poster is due then it makes sense to make the decision first then announce.