2020 Next Announcement Thread!

Matt42

It's also extortionate (or a huge hassle) to get to London now if you're outside the M25. I've stopped going for shows out of principle in recent years.

Travelling from, say, Manchester, paying for accomodation and food would make seeing Kendrick the equivalent of a weekend abroad.

7 minutes ago, jparx said:

It's also extortionate (or a huge hassle) to get to London now if you're outside the M25. I've stopped going for shows out of principle in recent years.

Travelling from, say, Manchester, paying for accomodation and food would make seeing Kendrick the equivalent of a weekend abroad.

My sister lives in Perth (Australia) and when there is a big gig / sporting event in Perth itself when you buy your ticket it comes with free public transport use to and from the event.

Not entirely sure how that would work in this country or indeed if it already does...

Just seems a great idea.

February 17 - mrholmes
February 18 - zahidf
February 19 - fightoffyour
February 20 - nicnzl, Rocketfrog1820
February 21 - Brad2434, Jack.194
February 23 - Damon

February 24 - HattersBoy, Obiginnaw
February 25 - billum, Dronx
February 26 - dentalplan
February 27 - mcshed
February 28 - OnlyRevolutions
February 29 - Keithy, funkychick2007
March 2 - WestCountryGirl, s30foster
March 3 - AlexOvd, assorted, jparx, gmb1992, rawrsomesauce
March 4 - HeyPorter, kingbadger, sequenci 
March 5 - SupernintendoChalmers, Sasperella, The Red Telephone
March 6 - Gnomicide, Havors, chuckles07
March 7 - beefykoala
March 8 - Chazwozza
March 9 - Doug85, Stokesy10, discgoesmic
March 10 - LGH, Freddyflintstonree, dotdash79, JonnyG
March 11 - RarerThanDandyB, Earth_pig, the_arsonist, zeppelin, Chrisp1986, wro_lap
March 12 - Joey T, jyoung, Wellyboot
March 13 - Jakeyboi135, Andy0808 v5, MetaKate, chazwwe, Radiochicken, Slugy
March 15 - northernringo
March 16 - Fish Bulb, moams, Ashl
March 17 - Waltere, crazyfool1, circus92, FuzzyDunlop, Miyn, thrillhouse188
March 18 - Kalopsia, Matt42, Guy Incognito, mazola
March 19 - sisco, maelzoid, Quark, Jack The Stripper
March 20 - giantkatestacks, kalifire, Hugh Jass, Gregfc15
March 22 - Simsy, Ayrshire Chris
March 23 - Jon F, Bennykill
March 24 - a6l6e6x, reflekting
March 25 - CJTM
March 26 - Tuna, DareToDibble, Smash Williams
March 27 - Suprefan
March 28 - mikegday
March 31 - MattyMooz, petewilson09, Huckleberry Finn
April 1 - priest17
April 2 - august1
April 3 - eFestivals
April 6 - Tommy Dickfingers
April 8 - the wonderwhy

9 predictors saying this week, 8 already eliminated. Still think it feels a little bit early, lets hope I'm proven wrong

• Upvote 2

19 minutes ago, JoeyT said:

My sister lives in Perth (Australia) and when there is a big gig / sporting event in Perth itself when you buy your ticket it comes with free public transport use to and from the event.

Not entirely sure how that would work in this country or indeed if it already does...

Just seems a great idea.

That's amazing. We seem about a million miles away from that sorta scheme in this country 😔

26 minutes ago, Doug85 said:

I'm still fairly confident with 9th March and it being connected to the International Womens day the day prior. I'd have picked that date if it wasn't a sunday or my ex wife's birthday. Not bitter but can just imagine the gloating :ph34r:

Emily has admitted the festival isnt there yet with a gender balance. To celebrate women's Day with a slightly under representative line up would be odd imo.

Long time lurker - first poster.

Not really seen much mentions but what are we saying about Biffy Clyro? Probably Other Stage headliner, but could they be the 3rd Pyramid headliner? New album out soon, kept mentioning wanting to do it last year, and done all the other UK major fests. Would have thought they would have announced Kendrick Lamar seeing as hes been mentioned just as much as the other two who were nailed on for ages...

Just now, St Domingo said:

Not really seen much mentions but what are we saying about Biffy Clyro? Probably Other Stage headliner, but could they be the 3rd Pyramid headliner? New album out soon, kept mentioning wanting to do it last year, and done all the other UK major fests. Would have thought they would have announced Kendrick Lamar seeing as hes been mentioned just as much as the other two who were nailed on for ages...

Welcome to the forum!

I think we're all fairly sure that Kendrick is nailed on as the Friday night headliner. Biffy would probably headline the Other if they play I guess. I wonder if they would work as a Pyramid sub... although I'm not sure if they would work before any of this years headliners.

1 hour ago, St Domingo said:

First time poster as well.

I think Biffy could be JP headliners if they play. Although that may just be me hoping for a better other stage headliner than them on the Friday!

10 minutes ago, Milkshake said:

I think Biffy could be JP headliners if they play. Although that may just be me hoping for a better other stage headliner than them on the Friday!

I reckon they're a fair bit too big to headline JP, would love it though!

12 minutes ago, Milkshake said:

Biffy are way too big for a JPT headline slot, subbed the Pyramid recently enough and still tour in arenas. Editors are the Friday JPT slot apparently

5 minutes ago, CJTM said:

Biffy are way too big for a JPT headline slot, subbed the Pyramid recently enough and still tour in arenas. Editors are the Friday JPT slot apparently

I was thinking maybe Saturday/ Sunday to draw the some of the crowds away from the Pyramid. I think there could be some big acts on smaller stages this year as its the 50th and bands will want to play no matter what.

1 hour ago, St Domingo said:

Welcome my friend!

Yeah think Kenny is pretty certain now. Been whispers of it a lot, and lines up with BST. They don't really tend to announce based on who has been spoken about, not that I think anyone knows what reason there is for announcing acts when they do, probably contractual. 

Biffy also subbed not too long ago (2016 I think) so coming back to headline now would be a bit odd. Other stage headliner is definitely possible, or a surprise slot in JPT or the like.

2 hours ago, St Domingo said:

Welcome! 

From what Emily has said the last headliner is a male artist who hasn't played before. Before that though there was already people predicting him and then with the BST dates it kinda adds up.