2020 Next Announcement Thread!

Matt42

10 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Taylor sold it out last time, but only after a few months. It's not sold out this time though. At least, not yet.

Macca's an arena act in this country. His last stadium shows were a decade back and he didn't pack out the venues. They ended up giving away tickets to Hampden Park.

Yeah this conversation seems based on things that just aren't true.

Taylor hasn't sold it out in minutes, she hasn't it out in months. There's no guarantee Macca would sell out BST.

Kendrick definitely isn't as big as Taylor or Macca in the UK, but it feels like there's imaginary, somehwat un-achievable goalposts of selling out Hyde Park instantly for him that don't seem to be present for other two?

8 minutes ago, chazwwe said:

Don't worry, its just people once again saying acts can't headline due to a new thing they've created inside their heads. 

Didn't say that at all.  And it's a discussion forum.

2 minutes ago, MaxPower said:

Kendrick definitely isn't as big as Taylor or Macca in the UK, but it feels like there's imaginary, somehwat un-achievable goalposts of selling out Hyde Park instantly for him that don't seem to be present for other two?

It's workin' twice as hard as the people you know you're better than
'Cause you need to do double what they do so you can level them

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, MaxPower said:

Taylor hasn't sold it out in minutes, she hasn't it out in months. There's no guarantee Macca would sell out BST.

Fair enough - thanks for the clarification.

3 minutes ago, MaxPower said:

Not sure I can recall anyone saying you had to sell out BST instantly?

1 minute ago, MaxPower said:

Okay then, "quickly". 

She hasn't sold it out at all yet, mind.

While that's true, when the only "tickets" left are the 300 quid plus hospitality ones, most people would view it as near enough that it makes no difference.

1 minute ago, blue6field said:

And there are still folks on here who say Pearl Jam can’t headline Glastonbury, when they’re the only one who have sold their day at BST

Bit of a special case though - got an affluent fanbase who follow them around the continent seeing them multiple times.

14 minutes ago, incident said:

While that's true, when the only "tickets" left are the 300 quid plus hospitality ones, most people would view it as near enough that it makes no difference.

Just checked and you can only buy the terrace or ultimate bar experience tickets for Taylor now £324 or £399. All the punter tickets seem to have gone.

5 hours ago, MaxPower said:

Yeah I suppose, but I guess he's just not at the forefront of people's mind without new material, it has been a few years.

Yeah possibly. Don’t get me wrong I think he is a great addition for Glastonbury even if I won’t be anywhere near it. I do also wonder if people just think BST is a bit shit, I have been twice and it’s a terrible set up and far too quiet. I can’t think of many people who would drag me back there at those prices and I guess your younger fan is probably going to struggle with a £100 ticket whereas the average fan of Springsteen for example (one of my two visits) tends to be older with far more disposable income. 

1 minute ago, Barneym said:

Yeah possibly. Don’t get me wrong I think he is a great addition for Glastonbury even if I won’t be anywhere near it. I do also wonder if people just think BST is a bit shit, I have been twice and it’s a terrible set up and far too quiet. I can’t think of many people who would drag me back there at those prices and I guess your younger fan is probably going to struggle with a £100 ticket whereas the average fan of Springsteen for example (one of my two visits) tends to be older with far more disposable income. 

Yeah this is a factor definitely, I think people would rather just see them on a tour or go to a proper festival .