2020 Next Announcement Thread!

Matt42

17 hours ago, henry bear said:

It was seemingly an accident though. Of course we all know, as do the readers of the publications that jumped on it as well, but do Aerosmith and the Eavii know that we know? If they were intended to be one of the surprises, is Emily going to change tact because the cat was very briefly let out of the bag?

Once would be an accident. Twice is far from it.

I have to agree with the comments about Aerosmith. When it first broke about them playing I was more shocked that it wasnt headlining or even headlining a stage. The fact it may not even be subbing I was more surprised as when they play over here they tend to headline. I think that may have been the shock act that was let out the bag by their promo poster. 

4 minutes ago, Doug85 said:

I have to agree with the comments about Aerosmith. When it first broke about them playing I was more shocked that it wasnt headlining or even headlining a stage. The fact it may not even be subbing I was more surprised as when they play over here they tend to headline. I think that may have been the shock act that was let out the bag by their promo poster. 

What was the info regarding them playing third down and not subbing again, I can't remember?

Also yea, they've played Download 3 times since 2010, headlining all times. If they aren't the sort of band that would cause a massive shock at them not headlining (similar to the possibility of RATM) then I don't know who is.

10 minutes ago, Jack.194 said:

What was the info regarding them playing third down and not subbing again, I can't remember?

Not sure there is clear info on this. Someone here with claimed insider status to Noel G’s people said that he’s deffo playing Saturday. Prior to this there was an assumption he’d be an Other headliner. There’s no way Noel’s gonna be up against Macca, therefore there’s now an assumption he’ll be subbing him. It could just as easily be Noel on before Aerosmith although there have been rumours the latter aren’t playing as high up as you’d imagine.

7 minutes ago, henry bear said:

Not sure there is clear info on this. Someone here with claimed insider status to Noel G’s people said that he’s deffo playing Saturday. Prior to this there was an assumption he’d be an Other headliner. There’s no way Noel’s gonna be up against Macca, therefore there’s now an assumption he’ll be subbing him. It could just as easily be Noel on before Aerosmith although there have been rumours the latter aren’t playing as high up as you’d imagine.

Cheers for the info!

There seems to be a lot of assumptions made, I suppose we’ll find out eventually, would love them to play a tea-time slot à la Diana Ross in the legend slot on the Sunday! Guess we’ll see

14 minutes ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

I assume that BST ticket sales aren't quite at they levels they need to be before they can make the Kendrick announcement?* 

Did we expect it to sell out quicker than it has? Will it sell out at all? 

*Obviously assuming it is him, of course. 

Not really sure it’ll sell out at all, maybe nearer the time

30 minutes ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

I assume that BST ticket sales aren't quite at they levels they need to be before they can make the Kendrick announcement?* 

He won’t sell it out without dropping new material imo

35 minutes ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

No new album yet, won't sell out that far in advance without that.

6 minutes ago, MaxPower said:

Dreamt all last night the poster was leaked, so it's nailed in for 8am imo

Today and the rest of the week are going to be pretty hectic at work, and as I'm in the London office, sneaking a look at my phone seems even more not allowed than normal. 

Thus I predict it coming before Friday at 5! If that were to be in an 8am slot, it would be marvellous 

Edited by Sasperella

9 hours ago, MaxPower said:

No new album yet, won't sell out that far in advance without that.

I’m not sure  understand this argument, if it was a massive act I Love then new material wouldn’t matter at all, in fact I’d rather they didn’t go and play a load of new songs (like the National did at Glastonbury). I know very little about KL and this is not meant to be a dig I just don’t know why a new album would make a difference if he is already massive 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Barneym said:

I’m not sure  understand this argument, if it was a massive act I Love then new material wouldn’t matter at all, in fact I’d rather they didn’t go and play a load of new songs (like the National did at Glastonbury). I know very little about KL and this is not meant to be a dig I just don’t know why a new album would make a difference if he is already massive 

Yeah I suppose, but I guess he's just not at the forefront of people's mind without new material, it has been a few years.