2020 Next Announcement Thread!

Matt42

1 hour ago, chazwwe said:

I think there will be a few surprises but for real. Taylor, McCartney, Kendrick, Diana Ross and Aerosmith as a top 5 is a dream for any festival. 

Sure...I’m just staying hopeful that when the poster does drop - there’s at least one totally unexpected huge name on there, rather than just a line up that confirms our existing assumptions.

Edited by dogeggs
  • Upvote 1

11 hours ago, dogeggs said:

Sure...I’m just staying hopeful that when the poster does drop - there’s at least one totally unexpected huge name on there, rather than just a line up that confirms our existing assumptions.

11 hours ago, Brad2434 said:

RATM

I'm hopeful! Maybe not for Rage (although that is obviously the dream) but for something that slipped through the radar. Like a Katie Perry but, you know, good...

We can't have worked it all out, surely? It seems like it's been too easy this year 

Just now, Brad2434 said:

Is there a reason behind this?

Well where would they play? They are 100% headliners at any festival they turn up to and they are headlining R&L. 

Also they’ve announced their world tour dates and it would make no sense to come over to Europe just for Glastonbury, the go back to the states.

If they were playing Glasto they would have announced with their world tour drop, as they pretty much self confirmed for all of their European festival appearances before the festivals themselves got the chance to announce them.

4 minutes ago, Matt42 said:If they were playing Glasto they would have announced with their world tour drop, as they pretty much self confirmed for all of their European festival appearances before the festivals themselves got the chance to announce them.

But Glastonbury doesn’t play to the same rules as other festivals, I’m not saying I think they’ll play but if there’s any festival announcement Rage wouldn’t leave to the specific festival poster, it’d be Glastonbury

9 minutes ago, Jack.194 said:

But Glastonbury doesn’t play to the same rules as other festivals, I’m not saying I think they’ll play but if there’s any festival announcement Rage wouldn’t leave to the specific festival poster, it’d be Glastonbury

Name a band in similar size and scope, with a returning tour, that are headlining Coachella and R&L and have also played Glastonbury in the same year. Because there isn't one. 

22 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Well where would they play? They are 100% headliners at any festival they turn up to and they are headlining R&L. 

Also they’ve announced their world tour dates and it would make no sense to come over to Europe just for Glastonbury, the go back to the states.

If they were playing Glasto they would have announced with their world tour drop, as they pretty much self confirmed for all of their European festival appearances before the festivals themselves got the chance to announce them.

It’s absurd but I think they’ll be there. As will The National. The line up is going to be stacked 

27 minutes ago, chazwwe said:

Name a band in similar size and scope, with a returning tour, that are headlining Coachella and R&L and have also played Glastonbury in the same year. Because there isn't one. 

There isn’t mate, but I think if you asked anyone a few months ago no-one would’ve believed Aerosmith would play and not headline

40 minutes ago, Jack.194 said:

But glasto doesn’t pay them enough to make a solo trip to Europe economically viable 

3 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

For a band reuniting for money, coming over to Europe for one low-paying non-headline gig would be massively against their interests.

Also they are a headlining band. They have plenty of festivals across the world queuing up to book them as a headliner. 

19 minutes ago, Jack.194 said:

There isn’t mate, but I think if you asked anyone a few months ago no-one would’ve believed Aerosmith would play and not headline

Completely but they're also mid tour and from what a few people have heard about Rage's return show its been very last minute. 

I love these huge predictings and I would love for all of them to be there, but like a comment on Matts recent poster, they're not all going to be there, this happens every year that we expect so many people to be there and then some acts, even smaller ones, don't show.