2020 Next Announcement Thread!

Matt42

3 minutes ago, mcshed said:

Whilst there's nothing there which on it's own is particularly far fetched but what are the odds of 50 80% chances coming through?

(0.0014% not that the precise answer is particularly relevant)

I guess it comes down to how much you weight likeability and what factors you determine makes an artist likely to appear.

To me, if an act is in Europe, weekends / days free and isn’t tied up exclusively to another festival — that’s pretty likely to me.

The annoying acts are the ones who meet all these factors and just don’t play. I think The National win the award for doing that most years they are active. 

I also think over the years we have genuinely got better at spotting who is around and who is likely to play.

2 minutes ago, Jack.194 said:

Although I’d love the above poster to be accurate I’ve just got this sneaking feeling that when the poster drops, with regard to our guesses, we’re all going to be quite a way off what’s on it

Unless Glasto have bagged some worldwide exclusives I don’t really know who could on there that we would be shocked with.

3 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

I guess it comes down to how much you weight likeability and what factors you determine makes an artist likely to appear.

To me, if an act is in Europe, weekends / days free and isn’t tied up exclusively to another festival — that’s pretty likely to me.

The annoying acts are the ones who meet all these factors and just don’t play. I think The National win the award for doing that most years they are active. 

I also think over the years we have genuinely got better at spotting who is around and who is likely to play.

I'm sure most of the bands you've picked will be there but I'd be fairly confident that say around 20 or so will not. Which is not to besmirch your prediction skills I just think there are too many variables to do any better than that. Take Bombay Bicycle Club on paper you'd expect them to be there but when you asked they said they weren't offered anything. At the end of the day there are only so many spots available so people will miss out.

1 minute ago, sisco said:

Actually thinking Capaldi will be sub and not Dua Lipa.  How certain was this NGHFB subbing Macca info?! 

Also.... where are Glass Animals?! 

Glass Animals, Daughter or Man I Trust are bands that will be there for sure I reckon and they are usually out of this posters. 

29 minutes ago, Jack.194 said:

Although I’d love the above poster to be accurate I’ve just got this sneaking feeling that when the poster drops, with regard to our guesses, we’re all going to be quite a way off what’s on it

I really hope we’re well off with this. This isn’t a bad lineup guess by any means...I just love me some big unexpected surprises for us all. If they can’t pull off a big WTF for the 50th...when can they?

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, mcshed said:

I'm sure most of the bands you've picked will be there but I'd be fairly confident that say around 20 or so will not. Which is not to besmirch your prediction skills I just think there are too many variables to do any better than that. Take Bombay Bicycle Club on paper you'd expect them to be there but when you asked they said they weren't offered anything. At the end of the day there are only so many spots available so people will miss out.

But foals weren't on the lineup because they played a secret set

5 minutes ago, dogeggs said:

I really hope we’re well off with this. This isn’t a bad lineup guess by any means...I just love me some big unexpected surprises for us all. If they can’t pull off a big WTF for the 50th...when can they?

Yea that’s exactly my thinking, I want them to shock us, not counting on it happening as to not be disappointed, but I really hope something big happens

3 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

They’ve literally self confirmed themselves. I don’t know why you’d bother leaving it off the poster.

Aye. And self confirmed twice.

I think they may have been lined up as a surprise initially but now there’s really no point trying to pretend.

9 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

They’ve literally self confirmed themselves. I don’t know why you’d bother leaving it off the poster.

It was seemingly an accident though. Of course we all know, as do the readers of the publications that jumped on it as well, but do Aerosmith and the Eavii know that we know? If they were intended to be one of the surprises, is Emily going to change tact because the cat was very briefly let out of the bag?

Edited by henry bear

18 minutes ago, henry bear said:

It was seemingly an accident though. Of course we all know, as do the readers of the publications that jumped on it as well, but do Aerosmith and the Eavii know that we know? If they were intended to be one of the surprises, is Emily going to change tact because the cat was very briefly let out of the bag?

It was on bbc news. So they'll probably be announced.

1 hour ago, dogeggs said:

I think there will be a few surprises but for real. Taylor, McCartney, Kendrick, Diana Ross and Aerosmith as a top 5 is a dream for any festival. 

Edited by chazwwe

9 hours ago, Matt42 said:

The lineup page has been like that for a while now. Great spot about the twitter handle though. Usually changes in the socials happen when something is at foot!

To wet everyone’s appetite, since there is a lot of traffic on this thread I’d share my latest “fake” poster that has kept up to date with the latest rumours.

I’ve tried to make an edition which squeezes the three pyramid headliners + Diana Ross + Aerosmith on the top line as I imagine the final poster will bill these five acts as headliners just like the 2019 did with Kylie and Janet.

I also wanted paid attention to which artists managers will probably want their acts billed high up on the poster. For example, Tyler, Alicia Keys, Gwen Stefani, Camila etc.

I have also analysed posters from other festivals across the world this year and looked at who is typically asking for a high billing. 

I really want to continue working on this the closer we get to the actual drop and do a comparison at the end with how much we got right and how much we were wrong with. Coachella forums/reddit do this every year and I’d love if we did it too!

8FA8E044-EBB9-4A3D-91D0-67671BEEEF97.png

This is way too strong I reckon. Lots of nice stuff in here though.

Also not only have you split Nubya Garcia's name in two but you've also spent her first name wrong.