2020 Next Announcement Thread!

Matt42

21 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

Anyone else notice the official Glastonbury Twitter name has changed from @GlastoFest to @Glastonbury? Don't know when it happened but surely it's a sign.

Also, when did they put some actual 2020 lineup on the website rather than just last year's?

Screenshot_20200220-230135_Chrome.thumb.jpg.2d64caaf8c8a84037f1168d80b0f6b6b.jpg

Has there been many announcements on Saturday/Sunday’s?

33 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

Anyone else notice the official Glastonbury Twitter name has changed from @GlastoFest to @Glastonbury? Don't know when it happened but surely it's a sign.

Also, when did they put some actual 2020 lineup on the website rather than just last year's?

Screenshot_20200220-230135_Chrome.thumb.jpg.2d64caaf8c8a84037f1168d80b0f6b6b.jpg

Yessssss this is definitely a sign!!!! Late Feb still seems optimistic, but I reckon early March could definitely be a goer

1 hour ago, Gnomicide said:

Looks like it's happened in the last 24 hours, I tweeted them last week about a house that reminded me of the Pyramid. Other people were tweeting them over the last couple of days.

1 hour ago, Gnomicide said:

Page has been up since Paul McCartney was added.

1 hour ago, Matt42 said:

The lineup page has been like that for a while now. Great spot about the twitter handle though. Usually changes in the socials happen when something is at foot!

To wet everyone’s appetite, since there is a lot of traffic on this thread I’d share my latest “fake” poster that has kept up to date with the latest rumours.

I’ve tried to make an edition which squeezes the three pyramid headliners + Diana Ross + Aerosmith on the top line as I imagine the final poster will bill these five acts as headliners just like the 2019 did with Kylie and Janet.

I also wanted paid attention to which artists managers will probably want their acts billed high up on the poster. For example, Tyler, Alicia Keys, Gwen Stefani, Camila etc.

I have also analysed posters from other festivals across the world this year and looked at who is typically asking for a high billing. 

I really want to continue working on this the closer we get to the actual drop and do a comparison at the end with how much we got right and how much we were wrong with. Coachella forums/reddit do this every year and I’d love if we did it too!

8FA8E044-EBB9-4A3D-91D0-67671BEEEF97.png

Mate. I've got a quarter down that and had palpitations. The clashes if this was even 75% correct would be monumental. 

1 hour ago, Matt42 said:

The lineup page has been like that for a while now. Great spot about the twitter handle though. Usually changes in the socials happen when something is at foot!

To wet everyone’s appetite, since there is a lot of traffic on this thread I’d share my latest “fake” poster that has kept up to date with the latest rumours.

I’ve tried to make an edition which squeezes the three pyramid headliners + Diana Ross + Aerosmith on the top line as I imagine the final poster will bill these five acts as headliners just like the 2019 did with Kylie and Janet.

I also wanted paid attention to which artists managers will probably want their acts billed high up on the poster. For example, Tyler, Alicia Keys, Gwen Stefani, Camila etc.

I have also analysed posters from other festivals across the world this year and looked at who is typically asking for a high billing. 

I really want to continue working on this the closer we get to the actual drop and do a comparison at the end with how much we got right and how much we were wrong with. Coachella forums/reddit do this every year and I’d love if we did it too!

Can't remember how many acts are on the first poster but this looks more than normal. The only thing I can see that looks out of place on a quick glance is Tyler, I don't feel like he'll be showing up, so would put Alicia Keys up in his spot and move Wolf Alice up. 

As the above post said though, if this was the first poster. I'd have many issues because this is insane. There's a good 30 acts on that list that I would really want to see and thats with me being picky and taking out acts like Pet Shop Boys who I know will clash with a headliner. 

From what you've been saying I can even see how this lines up with Lana/Noel/Dua as sub headliners, Biffy/Calvin/PSB as other with Tyler as sub headliner on the Other. I presume Lewis would be 3rd Pyramid with Aerosmith, Alicia Keys and Haim. 

11 minutes ago, Stokesy10 said:

Mate. I've got a quarter down that and had palpitations. The clashes if this was even 75% correct would be monumental. 

Hehe and it’s based off acts likely to actually appear too. Nothing in there (in my view) which is that far fetched.

5 minutes ago, chazwwe said:

Can't remember how many acts are on the first poster but this looks more than normal. The only thing I can see that looks out of place on a quick glance is Tyler, I don't feel like he'll be showing up.

From what you've been saying I can even see how this lines up with Lana/Noel/Dua as sub headliners, Biffy/Calvin/PSB as other with Tyler as sub headliner on the Other. I presume Lewis would be 3rd Pyramid with Aerosmith, Alicia Keys and Haim. 

1. Re Tyler, I thought the same at first but his tour dates are suspicious. No mention anywhere that Lovebox and Parklife are his only festival appearances — he is also in Dublin the weekend after Glastonbury. I think there will also be another big hip hop name other than Kendrick.

2. Yes you are kind right. Lana, Noel, Dua as the subs. Biffy, Calvin, PSB as other headliners. Lewis Capaldi, Aerosmith, Alicia Keys as the third downs. HAIM playing before Diana Ross.

3. Other subs/thirds imo are

Biffy Clyro / Wolf Alice / Sam Fender

Calvin Harris / Camila Cabello / Gerry Cinnamon 

Pet Shop Boys / Tyler The Creator / Blossoms

I think the other stage to me looks right and fits with “going big on the other stage” clue that Emily gave. That could be a TRSNMT lineup or another major festival lineup. Which would make a lot of sense with the clues given.

Also re Camila and Gerry I think both acts could easily be swapped. It depends on how arsey Camila’s team are about her slot.

In my mind I think all stages will have big headliners and subs, we won’t see anyone billed too high (imo) this year. I’m struggling to think of anyone other than who I have suggested taking one of the big slots.

1 minute ago, Matt42 said:

In my mind I think all stages will have big headliners and subs,

That would be tremendous but the clashes will be horrendous, a lotta hard decisions to make but a happy problem to have!  I feel it all building up now, there’s going to be something soon. The the anticipation of the release of the smaller stage s own posters, Avalon, acoustic etc etc.  

7 minutes ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

That would be tremendous but the clashes will be horrendous, a lotta hard decisions to make but a happy problem to have!  I feel it all building up now, there’s going to be something soon. The the anticipation of the release of the smaller stage s own posters, Avalon, acoustic etc etc.  

This is year the year of clashes I’m afraid. Will be very lucky to avoid clashes I reckon.

6 hours ago, Matt42 said:

Looks like it says King Gizzard ft. The Lizzard Wizard 😂

Yeah that poster looks cracking and I imagine not far off what it'll actually look like. Too many names for the first poster I reckon, but I reckon the top three lines will be almost bang on the final poster.

On the amount of names, I'm in favour of smaller posters. Tbh even 40 odd names would do me, then it gives more to look forward to with the individual stage announcements and the final full lineup.

4 hours ago, Matt42 said:

Hehe and it’s based off acts likely to actually appear too. Nothing in there (in my view) which is that far fetched.

Whilst there's nothing there which on it's own is particularly far fetched but what are the odds of 50 80% chances coming through?

(0.0014% not that the precise answer is particularly relevant)

7 hours ago, Matt42 said:

Candi Station? 

Is there a pick n mix tent?