2020 Next Announcement Thread!

Matt42

3 hours ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

Sunday March 22 or Sunday March 29.  As I have made two predictions it’s only fair that if one of them is right I will accept a half pint. 

I'm putting you down as your first choice 22nd. Let me know if you'd rather 29th

Didn't realise the 15th March was the earliest we've ever had it by like 14 days. Really think any February predictions are massively optimistic and mid-late March is where it will land. Would adore to be proven otherwise

5 minutes ago, a6l6e6x said:

I'm putting you down as your first choice 22nd. Let me know if you'd rather 29th

Didn't realise the 15th March was the earliest we've ever had it by like 14 days. Really think any February predictions are massively optimistic and mid-late March is where it will land. Would adore to be proven otherwise

Ok 22nd it is!  

gives all the usual moaners time to say , well that’s shite , I am not paying balance\glad I didn’t get ticket , blah blah etc etc 

18 hours ago, discgoesmic said:

I’d be absolutely thrilled if Cudi was there. I’m not sure he’s ever properly done a UK tour since he was supporting Kanye back in the MOTM days. I was lucky enough to see him there alongside Santigold, Mr Hudson and Consequence.

Sadly, I can’t ever see him play Glastonbury. He’s one of those rappers that seems far more interested in a US audience. I go to the US for work occasionally, so will put some effort in to lining up my dates with a show next time. 

He is supposed to announce a tour along with an album this year.  Cudi has been so quiet on the tour front you never know.   

I was lucky enough to see he and Kanye at their set for KSG at Flog Gnaw and saw Cudi play both weekends at Coachella last year. He was great.  He certainly can pull a one-off so he would be great for Glastonbury pre-album release. 

43 minutes ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

Because it’s the 50th we’ve been teased for months that there are going to be loads of surprises so the biggest surprise will be if there are no decent surprises,  that wouldn’t surprise me. 

I had to read this three times. 

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, Obiginnaw said:

sooo ... 9am x

If they really wanted to surprise us they'd release it today. They've never released the lineup on a Saturday (1st poster or full lineup) and have only ever made 4 performer announcements. We have though had the new map twice, that's worth getting excited about. 

29 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

If they really wanted to surprise us they'd release it today. They've never released the lineup on a Saturday (1st poster or full lineup) and have only ever made 4 performer announcements. We have though had the new map twice, that's worth getting excited about. 

The new map is almost as exciting as the lineup. The ongoing debate about the SE corner entrance last year was a classic 

18 minutes ago, Barneym said:

The new map is almost as exciting as the lineup. The ongoing debate about the SE corner entrance last year was a classic 

Missed last year sadly. What was the debate all about? Interested as looking to go to the south east corner proper for the first time this year (4th Glastonbury and only ever went on a Thursday before), so need to know queuing times

11 minutes ago, ShakeyCrash said:

Missed last year sadly. What was the debate all about? Interested as looking to go to the south east corner proper for the first time this year (4th Glastonbury and only ever went on a Thursday before), so need to know queuing times

The pier was a top topic last year. Queuing wasn’t too bad as the ground conditions were good .  

Edited by Ayrshire Chris

6 minutes ago, ShakeyCrash said:

They changed it last year to include Avalon in the bit you needed to go through the queuing system to get to. It was very concerning to those of us that prefer a night in the Avalon Cafe rather than IICON but, at least at the time I went, there were no problems, you just had to walk a bit further.

Was a pain though if you wanted to get from Avalon to Caberet as you had to go the long way round.

I think the queues were also better than usual in the early hours?

1 hour ago, Gnomicide said:

They changed it last year to include Avalon in the bit you needed to go through the queuing system to get to. It was very concerning to those of us that prefer a night in the Avalon Cafe rather than IICON but, at least at the time I went, there were no problems, you just had to walk a bit further.

Was a pain though if you wanted to get from Avalon to Caberet as you had to go the long way round.

I think the queues were also better than usual in the early hours?

I only went Thursday and Friday night to the SE but it felt a lot easier to get in but still just as busy once you were in. 

21 minutes ago, chazwwe said:

I only went Thursday and Friday night to the SE but it felt a lot easier to get in but still just as busy once you were in. 

I thought it was much better last year to get in, Iikon really freed up space (although I wasn’t actually a fan) we went Friday straight after Fatboy Slim and just waked straight in at peak time 

9 hours ago, Friendly Banter said:

He is supposed to announce a tour along with an album this year.  Cudi has been so quiet on the tour front you never know.   

I was lucky enough to see he and Kanye at their set for KSG at Flog Gnaw and saw Cudi play both weekends at Coachella last year. He was great.  He certainly can pull a one-off so he would be great for Glastonbury pre-album release. 

I’d drop pretty much any act to see Cudi if it was announced. I was gutted that KSG didn’t tour after watching the concert live. I had my credit card ready to pay an obscene amount if needed to go to a show. 

You’re right about the tour though - although I think our best chance of a UK appearance would be supporting an act he’s affiliated with such as Travis Scott. Or perhaps label mate Pusha T. 

13 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

Anyone else notice the official Glastonbury Twitter name has changed from @GlastoFest to @Glastonbury? Don't know when it happened but surely it's a sign.

Also, when did they put some actual 2020 lineup on the website rather than just last year's?

Screenshot_20200220-230135_Chrome.thumb.jpg.2d64caaf8c8a84037f1168d80b0f6b6b.jpg

The lineup page has been like that for a while now. Great spot about the twitter handle though. Usually changes in the socials happen when something is at foot!

To wet everyone’s appetite, since there is a lot of traffic on this thread I’d share my latest “fake” poster that has kept up to date with the latest rumours.

I’ve tried to make an edition which squeezes the three pyramid headliners + Diana Ross + Aerosmith on the top line as I imagine the final poster will bill these five acts as headliners just like the 2019 did with Kylie and Janet.

I also wanted paid attention to which artists managers will probably want their acts billed high up on the poster. For example, Tyler, Alicia Keys, Gwen Stefani, Camila etc.

I have also analysed posters from other festivals across the world this year and looked at who is typically asking for a high billing. 

I really want to continue working on this the closer we get to the actual drop and do a comparison at the end with how much we got right and how much we were wrong with. Coachella forums/reddit do this every year and I’d love if we did it too!

8FA8E044-EBB9-4A3D-91D0-67671BEEEF97.png

• Upvote 2