2020 Next Announcement Thread!

Matt42

1 hour ago, DareToDibble said:

Wow I forgot all about him! Where’s he disappeared?!

He's been consistently releasing albums since 2010, but not all of them are brilliant. He's been trying to experiment with a more indie/rock style, but general feedback has been very poor. More recently, he's gone back to releasing pretty decent hip-hop albums.

A big highlight recently was Kids See Ghost, which was a collaboration between Cudi and Kanye. It was thought they'd tour the album because it had excellent reviews and a lot of hype, but it never materialised. 

I can't see him playing in the UK because he wasn't ever commercially successful, aside from a few singles (such as Day N Nite and Memories with David Guetta). Seems to prefer Coachella, Camp Flog Gnaw etc.

All we can do is dream!

There was one year (recently) it came after balances.

I don’t have time to check the thingy to be sure but I think it was the year where they couldn’t announce one of the headliners. I think it was the year with the Who.

2015 everything came late. I reckon the Who issue was probably why because they waited a long time to get confirmation re Princey boi.

29 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

There was one year (recently) it came after balances.

I don’t have time to check the thingy to be sure but I think it was the year where they couldn’t announce one of the headliners. I think it was the year with the Who.

2015 everything came late. I reckon the Who issue was probably why because they waited a long time to get confirmation re Princey boi.

You’re correct that in 2015 it came late, but as you say 2015 was a bit of an odd year. Every other year since we’ve had the April deadline the poster has dropped just before the window opened or during.

40 minutes ago, discgoesmic said:

He's been consistently releasing albums since 2010, but not all of them are brilliant. He's been trying to experiment with a more indie/rock style, but general feedback has been very poor. More recently, he's gone back to releasing pretty decent hip-hop albums.

A big highlight recently was Kids See Ghost, which was a collaboration between Cudi and Kanye. It was thought they'd tour the album because it had excellent reviews and a lot of hype, but it never materialised. 

I can't see him playing in the UK because he wasn't ever commercially successful, aside from a few singles (such as Day N Nite and Memories with David Guetta). Seems to prefer Coachella, Camp Flog Gnaw etc.

All we can do is dream!

That Day N Nite tune really is an absolute banger. I forget it exists sometimes and then always get mega excited when it turns back up. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Sasperella said:

That Day N Nite tune really is an absolute banger. I forget it exists sometimes and then always get mega excited when it turns back up. 

I totally agree. The only version that was in the charts in the UK was the Crookers Remix - I could see how this could make Cudi look like a one-hit-wonder this side of the ocean.

The rest of the "A Kid Named Cudi" mixtape is amazing as well. Got some great tracks on there like "Sky might fall" and "Embrace the martian".

1 hour ago, discgoesmic said:

All we can do is dream!

Pursuit of Happiness was an absolute tune, always went off when generic club DJs spun that

I don’t think the poster has ever dropped on a weekend has it?

Has the poster dropped on a Friday?

Save us Thingy!

2 hours ago, Hugh Jass said:

You’re correct that in 2015 it came late, but as you say 2015 was a bit of an odd year. Every other year since we’ve had the April deadline the poster has dropped just before the window opened or during.

Yeah they didn’t know for certain whether they were getting Prince as late as March 2015. Hence the uber long delay.

Recent years have shown that they like to get the poster out far before the balance week. Give it enough time to get some press I imagine.

3 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Save us Thingy!

Yeah they didn’t know for certain whether they were getting Prince as late as March 2015. Hence the uber long delay.

Recent years have shown that they like to get the poster out far before the balance week. Give it enough time to get some press I imagine.

Last years was a Friday

2 hours ago, Matt42 said:

Save us Thingy!

2000: 1 June (Thu): Line up announced in The Guardian
2002: 19 June (Wed): Full lineup
2003: 30 May (Fri): Full lineup
2004: 1 June (Tue): Full lineup
2005: 11 April (Mon): Full lineup
2007: 31 May (Thu): Full lineup
2008: 29 April (Tue): Main Stages
2009: 25 May (Mon): Full lineup
2010: 14 April (Wed): Main stages
2011: 14 April (Thu 16:30): Main stages
2013: 27 March (Wed 19:00): Main Stages
2014: 4 April (Fri 08:00): First lineup poster, most of main stages
2015:14 April (Tue 19:00): First line up poster (no 3rd headliner)

2016: 29 March (Tue 08:20): First Line up poster
2017: 30th March (Thu 08:00): First Lineup Poster
2019: 15 March (08:00 Friday): First Lineup Poster