2020 Next Announcement Thread!

Matt42

Just now, JoeyT said:

Am I right in thinking it was the avalanches who gave away the poster was imminent a few years ago by tweeting that "i'm playing Glastonbury" gif?

If so, coincidence much?

Yeah had this chat with Matt - they dropped a clanger ahead of 2017

2 minutes ago, jparx said:

Had you had info or is that a guess Neil?

And what do you make of this business about people seeing the poster? Load of cobblers?

Pretty sure he's having us on with that guess but I've added it anyway

I really don't think many people see the poster or it would definitely leak. Everyone has friends in the industry and stuff like that will always slip through

Just now, jparx said:

Had you had info or is that a guess Neil?

just a guess.

One of the reasons the date of the poster moves around is because the date of Easter moves around.

With that in mind i reckon week beginning the 30th is the earliest for the poster, I don't reckon they'd announce on the 1st, and a couple of days into the the pay-up time seems about right.

Just now, jparx said:

And what do you make of this business about people seeing the poster? Load of cobblers?

it's possible there's something going around already I guess, but I think it's very unlikely that bands would be seeing it as that would seem much too widely circulated for right now.

Some Brit pop band poster the logo design on their twitter one year. Think it was Suede.

I love when bands leak shit by accident. Always seem to be bands I never end up seeing though.

Its funny that almost every poster leak (if you can call it that) can be attributed to one band.

2015 (just checked) was Suede

2017 - Avalanches.

What year did the Charlatans let it slip?