2020 Next Announcement Thread!

Matt42

Just now, Matt42 said:

I was on the loo for 2015. For some reason I remember hearing my phone receive the notification from outside the room. 

I don't think it's unreasonable to ask you to sit on the loo for the rest of the day then is it?

1 minute ago, a6l6e6x said:

How long before the announcement do efests usually post the infamous beds tweet where we all lose our minds? I can't remember seeing it last year and I have push notifications on

I feel like we got it about 40 minutes before it was announced? It was about 8am they released it, I think? 

7 minutes ago, a6l6e6x said:

How long before the announcement do efests usually post the infamous beds tweet where we all lose our minds? I can't remember seeing it last year and I have push notifications on

It depends. Sometimes the night before. Sometimes a few hours before.

Without spilling, I think Neil gets a heads up from a contact in the guardian when it’s on its way. (Neil feel free to tell me to delete this if this is something secret).

50 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

I remember someone said for 2014 that the reason the poster looked like this is because they made a quick decision to release the lineup.

Metallica signed the dotted line in Feb and they were waiting to get them in the bag before releasing anything. Obviously they couldn’t announce them so they had to generate a poster with “special guests”.

F9F56390-CC89-4726-9709-3898B0F6AC56.png

This is actually offensive to my eyes.

Just had a look at the Thingy

The main poster announcement is gradually getting early, from 2010 onwards the dates are - 14.04 - 14.04 - 27.03 - 04.04 - 14.04 - 29.03 - 30.03 - 15.03 - ? - and obviously last year was the earliest ever.

This year there were two headliners announced by 15.12 - almost two months earlier than the previous earliest (08.02) in 2008.

While I understand there is no pattern - taking into account all this info along with the fact that it’s the 50th and we already realistically have the third headliner, I can’t see it being much longer until the first poster drops.

2 minutes ago, Jack.194 said:

Just had a look at the Thingy

The main poster announcement is gradually getting early, from 2010 onwards the dates are - 14.04 - 14.04 - 27.03 - 04.04 - 14.04 - 29.03 - 30.03 - 15.03 - ? - and obviously last year was the earliest ever.

This year there were two headliners announced by 15.12 - almost two months earlier than the previous earliest (08.02) in 2008.

While I understand there is no pattern - taking into account all this info along with the fact that it’s the 50th and we already realistically have the third headliner, I can’t see it being much longer until the first poster drops.

7pm

1 hour ago, Brad2434 said:

Just adding to this, I know when I mentioned my mate had seen the poster and a lot of people said they thought the Eavi were the only people to see it until release day, I spoke to someone else I know yesterday who I know is 100% credible and works close with the festival (he’s got a lot of my close mates into the festival on artists bands that get handed back a couple weeks before the fest) and said he’s also seen the poster in the past week and that it definitely needs to be sent to management of artists for approval, hence why there’s a few people saying they’ve seen it now. He didn’t mention when it was getting announced but the fact that it’s all ready and management have seen it is a good sign right?

Nah this is making me too excited now.

2 hours ago, joeyjoejoejuniorshabadoo said:

Don't often post here but I thought this was worth mentioning. So make of this what you will but, essentially, I spoke to someone last night (a good friend, very nice person who I couldn't really see lying about something like this) who is mates with a couple of the guys who play for Rex Orange County... They said that they'd been shown the poster from the guys. They confirmed it was Kendrick (not that we didn't already know that) and they also named Dua Lipa and The Strokes as playing. Could be complete bullshit, could have just been shown a fake poster and been confused (I didn't think artists were actually sent the poster to be honest), but I thought it was worth mentioning to get people hyped up for poster day.

1 hour ago, Brad2434 said:

Just adding to this, I know when I mentioned my mate had seen the poster and a lot of people said they thought the Eavi were the only people to see it until release day, I spoke to someone else I know yesterday who I know is 100% credible and works close with the festival (he’s got a lot of my close mates into the festival on artists bands that get handed back a couple weeks before the fest) and said he’s also seen the poster in the past week and that it definitely needs to be sent to management of artists for approval, hence why there’s a few people saying they’ve seen it now. He didn’t mention when it was getting announced but the fact that it’s all ready and management have seen it is a good sign right?

@eFestivals