2020 Next Announcement Thread!

Matt42

10 minutes ago, Brad2434 said:

The big agencies will definitely enforce contract rules whether it’s Glastonbury or not. They all have written in that artwork needs to be approved before announcing. Yes Glastonbury is probably the most prestigious festival in the world but at the end of the day it’s still a paid gig. 

Yeah I agree with this. I can imagine agents arguing that their act should be on the 4th row, not the 5th row, and they should be above so and so etc. There must be some back and forth, not necessarily with the artists but their representatives. Perhaps not with acts on the bottom half of the poster, but yeah I imagine Aerosmith's people have OK'd it to some degree.

Just now, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

If it's true that people have seen it then I'd suspect the drop must be imminent. Can't see them producing it and leaving it laying around for a few weeks. 

I imagine that the ink's still wet on the poster when they announce.

Yeah I agree with that as well. If agents/artists do have to OK it, I imagine they're given a very quick turnaround.

I remember someone said for 2014 that the reason the poster looked like this is because they made a quick decision to release the lineup.

Metallica signed the dotted line in Feb and they were waiting to get them in the bag before releasing anything. Obviously they couldn’t announce them so they had to generate a poster with “special guests”.

F9F56390-CC89-4726-9709-3898B0F6AC56.png

To anyone who remembers the run up to 2013, nothing was more exciting than watching this unfold.

Maybe because it was my first glasto. But the stones + these clues made the atmosphere on these forums electric! Can’t believe this was 7 years ago now!

edit. All in the wrong order but who cares!

0791D058-5C2A-43B3-AD61-AFCBC0D97B37.png

27F98CED-DE74-4718-AF6D-63610625F5D1.png

F715CDB0-2D80-4C67-AF0C-81E5A0A99387.png

Edited by Matt42

1 hour ago, joeyjoejoejuniorshabadoo said:

Don't often post here but I thought this was worth mentioning. So make of this what you will but, essentially, I spoke to someone last night (a good friend, very nice person who I couldn't really see lying about something like this) who is mates with a couple of the guys who play for Rex Orange County... They said that they'd been shown the poster from the guys. They confirmed it was Kendrick (not that we didn't already know that) and they also named Dua Lipa and The Strokes as playing. Could be complete bullshit, could have just been shown a fake poster and been confused (I didn't think artists were actually sent the poster to be honest), but I thought it was worth mentioning to get people hyped up for poster day.

Hey! Joey JoJo!

• Upvote 1

I was on the loo for 2015. For some reason I remember hearing my phone receive the notification from outside the room. 

2017 I remember waking up to see that the lineup had been released. It must have been early because I remember waking my flat mate up and then going back to bed.