2020 Next Announcement Thread!

Matt42

7 minutes ago, Wellyboot said:

this has just given me proper excited belly reading this!!

With the fallow in 2018 and missing out on tickets last year I am SO ready for all of this!!! :D

No idea what year it was but we had someone come to the forum and say that they had seen the poster and it was coming. It was on a really quiet day so we didn’t really believe them. Then some really cryptic tweets started emerging from some bands that something was coming and it was so exciting.

I’m well excited for it too. The closest I’ve had to it in recent times was in the lead up to Rage Against the Machine announcing their world tour. Across the Internet there were clues that something was coming. Everyone in the R&L was trying to piece it together and BAM!

Don't often post here but I thought this was worth mentioning. So make of this what you will but, essentially, I spoke to someone last night (a good friend, very nice person who I couldn't really see lying about something like this) who is mates with a couple of the guys who play for Rex Orange County... They said that they'd been shown the poster from the guys. They confirmed it was Kendrick (not that we didn't already know that) and they also named Dua Lipa and The Strokes as playing. Could be complete bullshit, could have just been shown a fake poster and been confused (I didn't think artists were actually sent the poster to be honest), but I thought it was worth mentioning to get people hyped up for poster day.

1 minute ago, Matt42 said:

Rex surely wouldn’t be back again would they?

people are gonna cling onto this because of the Strokes lol

The whole hype around the Strokes really amazes me.

Still baffled by some folks thinking they were big enough to headline the pyramid.

13 minutes ago, joeyjoejoejuniorshabadoo said:

Don't often post here but I thought this was worth mentioning. So make of this what you will but, essentially, I spoke to someone last night (a good friend, very nice person who I couldn't really see lying about something like this) who is mates with a couple of the guys who play for Rex Orange County... They said that they'd been shown the poster from the guys. They confirmed it was Kendrick (not that we didn't already know that) and they also named Dua Lipa and The Strokes as playing. Could be complete bullshit, could have just been shown a fake poster and been confused (I didn't think artists were actually sent the poster to be honest), but I thought it was worth mentioning to get people hyped up for poster day.

Just adding to this, I know when I mentioned my mate had seen the poster and a lot of people said they thought the Eavi were the only people to see it until release day, I spoke to someone else I know yesterday who I know is 100% credible and works close with the festival (he’s got a lot of my close mates into the festival on artists bands that get handed back a couple weeks before the fest) and said he’s also seen the poster in the past week and that it definitely needs to be sent to management of artists for approval, hence why there’s a few people saying they’ve seen it now. He didn’t mention when it was getting announced but the fact that it’s all ready and management have seen it is a good sign right?

• Upvote 1

33 minutes ago, a6l6e6x said:

February 17 - mrholmes
February 18 - zahidf
February 19 - fightoffyour

February 20 - nicnzl, Rocketfrog1820
February 21 - Brad2434, Jack.194
February 23 - Damon
February 25 - billum, Dronx
February 26 - dentalplan
February 27 - mcshed
February 28 - OnlyRevolutions
February 29 - Keithy, funkychick2007
March 2 - WestCountryGirl, s30foster
March 3 - AlexOvd, assorted, jparx, gmb1992, rawrsomesauce
March 4 - HeyPorter, kingbadger, sequenci 
March 5 - SupernintendoChalmers
March 6 - Gnomicide, Havors, chuckles07
March 8 - Chazwozza
March 9 - Doug85, Stokesy10
March 10 - LGH, Freddyflintstonree, dotdash79, JonnyG
March 11 - RarerThanDandyB, Earth_pig, the_arsonist, zeppelin, Chrisp1986
March 12 - Joey T, jyoung, Wellyboot
March 13 - Jakeyboi135, Andy0808 v5, MetaKate, chazwwe, Radiochicken, Slugy
March 15 - northernringo
March 16 - Fish Bulb, moams, Ashl
March 17 - Waltere, crazyfool1, circus92, FuzzyDunlop, Miyn
March 18 - Kalopsia, Matt42, Guy Incognito
March 19 - sisco, maelzoid, Quark
March 20 - giantkatestacks, kalifire
March 22 - Simsy
March 23 - Jon F
March 24 - a6l6e6x
March 25 - CJTM
March 26 - Tuna, DareToDibble
March 27 - Suprefan
March 28 - mikegday
March 31 - MattyMooz, petewilson09
April 1 - priest17
April 2 - august1

Tuesdays seem the most popular day. Most popular date with 6 nominations is March 13th which is a Friday. March 3, 11, 17 all with 5 votes each

Really entering elimination territory now. Next Monday and March 30 are now the only 2 week days which no-one has opted for in build up to payment week

Can I take Monday 24th February

49 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

I disagree. I love poster day.

I love the tradition we always seem to run through.

Some new poster or thread legend comes on and says “it’s coming at 7pm”, we go mad in the morning and accuse this poster of all manner of things. Then we get a suspicious tweet from some artist rather low on the bill. Then we get some heads up from Neil that something is coming.

Its such a rush when we get that final “it’s coming”.

I also love when you get that notification on your phone that Glastonbury festival have tweeted.

Oh no I love poster day, but I also like the seperate stage announcements and then day splits/times coming even later. Wouldnt want them to merge all that fun into one big drop

53 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

I disagree. I love poster day.

I love the tradition we always seem to run through.

Some new poster or thread legend comes on and says “it’s coming at 7pm”, we go mad in the morning and accuse this poster of all manner of things. Then we get a suspicious tweet from some artist rather low on the bill. Then we get some heads up from Neil that something is coming.

Its such a rush when we get that final “it’s coming”.

I also love when you get that notification on your phone that Glastonbury festival have tweeted.

We have had a mysterious tweet from someone lower down on the bill (taken from glasto thingy)

https://twitter.com/mary_coughlan4/status/1230192872990879750?s=20

I still can't see it being anywhere near now or even the first week of March but I'm happy to wait. This is normally the time where we get a few leaks on people who have just been signed to play a smaller stage.

Then we get a few stage announcements with artists saying what days they're playing on twitter, followed by a few artists doing the 'im playing at glastonbury' picture post. Then the circus and late night areas drop and I get to start listening to loads of new music then the full poster with timings and day splits drops and everything I've listened to goes out the way because of clash city.