2020 Next Announcement Thread!

Matt42

On 2/18/2020 at 10:26 AM, Brad2434 said:

Spoke to him again yesterday. He’s still under the impression it’s out this week. I’m with the majority in here believing that no one except the Eavi see the first poster until it’s out, which I said to him and he just laughed and said ‘well wait and see’. I’d completely write this off as lies but there are some huge names on his agencies roster

I hope you are ready to stab him in the face for bullshitting when inevitably nothing happens.

• Upvote 1

On 2/18/2020 at 3:53 AM, a6l6e6x said:

Updated table, first elimination yesterday means we have now entered predicted dates territory. Only 3 week days haven't been predicted by anyone up until payment date which are tomorrow, next Monday and Monday 30th March. Brad2434 source saying it's this week (although I think we're all doubtful of that) could mean none of us got it right if it does drop tomorrow

February 17 - mrholmes
February 18 - zahidf
February 20 - nicnzl
February 21 - Brad2434
February 23 - Damon
February 25 - billum, Dronx
February 26 - dentalplan
February 27 - mcshed
February 28 - OnlyRevolutions
February 29 - Keithy, funkychick2007
March 2 - WestCountryGirl
March 3 - AlexOvd, assorted, jparx, gmb1992
March 4 - HeyPorter, kingbadger 
March 5 - SupernintendoChalmers
March 6 - Gnomicide, Havors, chuckles07
March 8 - Chazwozza
March 9 - Doug85, Stokesy10
March 10 - LGH, Freddyflintstonree, dotdash79
March 11 - RarerThanDandyB, Earth_pig, the_arsonist, zeppelin
March 12 - Joey T, jyoung
March 13 - Jakeyboi135, Andy0808 v5, MetaKate, chazwwe, Radiochicken
March 16 - Fish Bulb, moams, Ashl
March 17 - Waltere, crazyfool1, circus92, FuzzyDunlop, Miyn
March 18 - Kalopsia, Matt42, Guy Incognito
March 19 - sisco
March 20 - giantkatestacks, kalifire
March 22 - Simsy
March 23 - Jon F
March 24 - a6l6e6x
March 25 - CJTM
March 26 - Tuna, DareToDibble
March 27 - Suprefan
March 28 - mikegday
March 31 - MattyMooz, petewilson09
April 1 - priest17
April 2 - august1

Nicnzl in the hot seat. 02/20/2020 would be an epic* day for a poster drop. 

*A date of deep importance, the doubliox is known to bring tides of uncertain tea. Roobios or chai remains hidden until first sip. The moon is waxing and waving in a friendly manner, with mercury also in retrofade. Beware of passing stranglers. Lucky numbers are 02 12 20 22 and 8. 

Bugger it, I'm in. 19th March. Thursday seems reasonable. Don't know why.

3 hours ago, MetaKate said:

Nicnzl in the hot seat. 02/20/2020 would be an epic* day for a poster drop. 

*A date of deep importance, the doubliox is known to bring tides of uncertain tea. Roobios or chai remains hidden until first sip. The moon is waxing and waving in a friendly manner, with mercury also in retrofade. Beware of passing stranglers. Lucky numbers are 02 12 20 22 and 8. 

I don't know enough (anything) about astrology to be certain, but I'm assuming this is comedy nonsense of the highest order. I'm applauding.

Just now, jparx said:

Feb was racing by for me until last week when I started thinking about the poster release. Now it's bloody crawling. Can't wait for March and the feeling it could happen at any time.

Yep, struggling here as well.

Part of me wants to believe that chap's mate was right and it's coming this week but history tells me that's far too early.

Reality then kicks in and tells me there is no pattern which in affect means today / tomorrow is as likely as any day in March so I don't know what to think / believe anymore :lol:

Once we get into March it really is any days game.

I am starting to wonder how much we could get. I would love to see Stage splits but I have a feeling they don’t do that on purpose, as there is always one or two acts in the lower stages that get bumped up due to rising popularity in the run up to the festival. 

1 minute ago, JoeyT said:

Yep, struggling here as well.

Part of me wants to believe that chap's mate was right and it's coming this week but history tells me that's far too early.

Reality then kicks in and tells me there is no pattern which in affect means today / tomorrow is as likely as any day in March so I don't know what to think / believe anymore :lol:

Right there with you. There's no chance it's coming this week, but at the back of my mind I'm secretly hoping that guy's source was accurate and i'll log on to see this thread "hot" 

49 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Once we get into March it really is any days game.

I am starting to wonder how much we could get. I would love to see Stage splits but I have a feeling they don’t do that on purpose, as there is always one or two acts in the lower stages that get bumped up due to rising popularity in the run up to the festival. 

Think this is true, but is much rather get day splits rather than stages - given the lions share of acts I want to see keep being put on the Friday of everyone's predicted lineups.

21 minutes ago, Mattymooz said:

Am I the only one who likes the suspense? First you just get a tease who is playing, then the individual posters start giving day and stage splits before finally the big reveal of everything. Feel like I wouldnt have as much fun if they just gave us everything at once

👆🏼
Absolutely 

29 minutes ago, Mattymooz said:

Am I the only one who likes the suspense? First you just get a tease who is playing, then the individual posters start giving day and stage splits before finally the big reveal of everything. Feel like I wouldnt have as much fun if they just gave us everything at once

I'm terrible at delayed gratification, it's obviously better this way but I want to moan and beg for more and more, sooner and sooner.

34 minutes ago, Mattymooz said:

I disagree. I love poster day.

I love the tradition we always seem to run through.

Some new poster or thread legend comes on and says “it’s coming at 7pm”, we go mad in the morning and accuse this poster of all manner of things. Then we get a suspicious tweet from some artist rather low on the bill. Then we get some heads up from Neil that something is coming.

Its such a rush when we get that final “it’s coming”.

I also love when you get that notification on your phone that Glastonbury festival have tweeted.

Edited by Matt42
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

I disagree. I love poster day.

I love the tradition we always seem to run through.

Some new poster or thread legend comes on and says “it’s coming at 7pm”, we go mad in the morning and accuse this poster of all manner of things. Then we get a suspicious tweet from some artist rather low on the bill. Then we get some heads up from Neil that something is coming.

Its such a rush when we get that final “it’s coming”.

I also love when you get that notification on your phone that Glastonbury festival have tweeted.

this has just given me proper excited belly reading this!!

With the fallow in 2018 and missing out on tickets last year I am SO ready for all of this!!! :D

February 17 - mrholmes
February 18 - zahidf
February 19 - fightoffyour

February 20 - nicnzl, Rocketfrog1820
February 21 - Brad2434, Jack.194
February 23 - Damon
February 25 - billum, Dronx
February 26 - dentalplan
February 27 - mcshed
February 28 - OnlyRevolutions
February 29 - Keithy, funkychick2007
March 2 - WestCountryGirl, s30foster
March 3 - AlexOvd, assorted, jparx, gmb1992, rawrsomesauce
March 4 - HeyPorter, kingbadger, sequenci 
March 5 - SupernintendoChalmers
March 6 - Gnomicide, Havors, chuckles07
March 8 - Chazwozza
March 9 - Doug85, Stokesy10
March 10 - LGH, Freddyflintstonree, dotdash79, JonnyG
March 11 - RarerThanDandyB, Earth_pig, the_arsonist, zeppelin, Chrisp1986
March 12 - Joey T, jyoung, Wellyboot
March 13 - Jakeyboi135, Andy0808 v5, MetaKate, chazwwe, Radiochicken, Slugy
March 15 - northernringo
March 16 - Fish Bulb, moams, Ashl
March 17 - Waltere, crazyfool1, circus92, FuzzyDunlop, Miyn
March 18 - Kalopsia, Matt42, Guy Incognito
March 19 - sisco, maelzoid, Quark
March 20 - giantkatestacks, kalifire
March 22 - Simsy
March 23 - Jon F
March 24 - a6l6e6x
March 25 - CJTM
March 26 - Tuna, DareToDibble
March 27 - Suprefan
March 28 - mikegday
March 31 - MattyMooz, petewilson09
April 1 - priest17
April 2 - august1

Tuesdays seem the most popular day. Most popular date with 6 nominations is March 13th which is a Friday. March 3, 11, 17 all with 5 votes each

Really entering elimination territory now. Next Monday and March 30 are now the only 2 week days which no-one has opted for in build up to payment week

• Upvote 1