2020 Next Announcement Thread!

Matt42

Updated table, first elimination yesterday means we have now entered predicted dates territory. Only 3 week days haven't been predicted by anyone up until payment date which are tomorrow, next Monday and Monday 30th March. Brad2434 source saying it's this week (although I think we're all doubtful of that) could mean none of us got it right if it does drop tomorrow

February 17 - mrholmes
February 18 - zahidf
February 20 - nicnzl
February 21 - Brad2434
February 23 - Damon
February 25 - billum, Dronx
February 26 - dentalplan
February 27 - mcshed
February 28 - OnlyRevolutions
February 29 - Keithy, funkychick2007
March 2 - WestCountryGirl
March 3 - AlexOvd, assorted, jparx, gmb1992
March 4 - HeyPorter, kingbadger 
March 5 - SupernintendoChalmers
March 6 - Gnomicide, Havors, chuckles07
March 8 - Chazwozza
March 9 - Doug85, Stokesy10
March 10 - LGH, Freddyflintstonree, dotdash79
March 11 - RarerThanDandyB, Earth_pig, the_arsonist, zeppelin
March 12 - Joey T, jyoung
March 13 - Jakeyboi135, Andy0808 v5, MetaKate, chazwwe, Radiochicken
March 16 - Fish Bulb, moams, Ashl
March 17 - Waltere, crazyfool1, circus92, FuzzyDunlop, Miyn
March 18 - Kalopsia, Matt42, Guy Incognito
March 19 - sisco
March 20 - giantkatestacks, kalifire
March 22 - Simsy
March 23 - Jon F
March 24 - a6l6e6x
March 25 - CJTM
March 26 - Tuna, DareToDibble
March 27 - Suprefan
March 28 - mikegday
March 31 - MattyMooz, petewilson09
April 1 - priest17
April 2 - august1

• Like 1
  • Upvote 4

9 minutes ago, a6l6e6x said:

Updated table, first elimination yesterday means we have now entered predicted dates territory. Only 3 week days haven't been predicted by anyone up until payment date which are tomorrow, next Monday and Monday 30th March. Brad2434 source saying it's this week (although I think we're all doubtful of that) could mean none of us got it right if it does drop tomorrow

February 17 - mrholmes
February 18 - zahidf
February 20 - nicnzl
February 21 - Brad2434
February 23 - Damon
February 25 - billum, Dronx
February 26 - dentalplan
February 27 - mcshed
February 28 - OnlyRevolutions
February 29 - Keithy, funkychick2007
March 2 - WestCountryGirl
March 3 - AlexOvd, assorted, jparx, gmb1992
March 4 - HeyPorter, kingbadger 
March 5 - SupernintendoChalmers
March 6 - Gnomicide, Havors, chuckles07
March 8 - Chazwozza
March 9 - Doug85, Stokesy10
March 10 - LGH, Freddyflintstonree, dotdash79
March 11 - RarerThanDandyB, Earth_pig, the_arsonist, zeppelin
March 12 - Joey T, jyoung
March 13 - Jakeyboi135, Andy0808 v5, MetaKate, chazwwe, Radiochicken
March 16 - Fish Bulb, moams, Ashl
March 17 - Waltere, crazyfool1, circus92, FuzzyDunlop, Miyn
March 18 - Kalopsia, Matt42, Guy Incognito
March 19 - sisco
March 20 - giantkatestacks, kalifire
March 22 - Simsy
March 23 - Jon F
March 24 - a6l6e6x
March 25 - CJTM
March 26 - Tuna, DareToDibble
March 27 - Suprefan
March 28 - mikegday
March 31 - MattyMooz, petewilson09
April 1 - priest17
April 2 - august1

Feb 19th :P

2 hours ago, Brad2434 said:

Spoke to him again yesterday. He’s still under the impression it’s out this week. I’m with the majority in here believing that no one except the Eavi see the first poster until it’s out, which I said to him and he just laughed and said ‘well wait and see’. I’d completely write this off as lies but there are some huge names on his agencies roster

Don’t want to get exciting but I can’t help it! You need to convince him to set up an efests account so everyone can bombard him with questions haha

Maybe it’s because I’m ticketless, or that it’s still quite early, or that we’ve had a quite a lot of acts being confirmed or leaked or what have you, but my excitement for the big poster isn’t nearly where it’s usually at with it looming on the horizon. Feels like last years festival was only yesterday and that we should still have a long wait until any kind of big announcement is made.

1 minute ago, FloorFiller said:

Maybe it’s because I’m ticketless, or that it’s still quite early, or that we’ve had a quite a lot of acts being confirmed or leaked or what have you, but my excitement for the big poster isn’t nearly where it’s usually at with it looming on the horizon. Feels like last years festival was only yesterday and that we should still have a long wait until any kind of big announcement is made.

Sadly, I think it's because you are ticketless.

Hate to say it FloorFiller but it is because you are ticketless. I was in your position last year and had very little interest in the poster as I was expecting (and got) nothing in the resale. I'm absolutely buzzing for it this year

Hopefully we can sort you out in resale

42 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

I agree, feel like we've been quite lucky with a constant stream of announcements and leaks - dont feel that desperate for a poster at all (compared to last year when we still hadnt even got our 3 headliners sorted at this time)

1 hour ago, FloorFiller said:

I'm not really buzzing for the main poster - but certainly some of the smaller ones. I don't know my dua lipas from my foals so main drop doesn't really cut it for me usually..

I read a comment before that Glasto has a 'good faith' agreement with other UK festivals which effectively means that they wait until the others have announced before their posted drop (and that this is tied in to the fact that they pay acts far less than others).

So I know we have a record of all glasto poster drop dates but has anyone ever correlated this against other festival poster drops?

From my (very small) amount of googling, it seems like Isle of White, Reading & Leeds are getting earlier with their announcements.

There is no pattern.

Edited by LostHorizon

1 minute ago, Jack.194 said:

This is a good idea, might give it a go later - I know Reading was later than usual this year though

I don't think the main poster drop was any later for Reading than usual, they just usually stagger the announcements a lot more than just one headliner, and then the rest of the poster. When i went in between 2015-17 there was usually something small in october with about 10 or so names across all stages, then again in january and the poster around March if memory serves me well