2020 Next Announcement Thread!

Matt42

I don't think during the balance window or even after it is out of the question. Its not likely but isn’t impossible. It will certainly be before any resale though. 

Tbh the poster drop is annoying anyway as we then have to play the game of who is playing what slot and/ or on what day.... the full lineup is far more joyous to me as you get the small stages too and some genuine surprises. We have usually guessed 80% of the first poster before it drops making it a bit of an anti climax

Edited by Memory Man

9 hours ago, a6l6e6x said:

February 17 - mrholmes
February 21 - Brad2434
February 23 - Damon
February 25 - billum, Dronx
February 26 - dentalplan
February 27 - mcshed
February 28 - OnlyRevolutions
February 29 - Keithy, funkychick2007
March 2 - WestCountryGirl
March 3 - AlexOvd, assorted, jparx
March 4 - HeyPorter 
March 5 - SupernintendoChalmers
March 6 - Gnomicide
March 6 - Havors
March 8 - Chazwozza
March 9 - Doug85, Stokesy10
March 10 - LGH, Freddyflintstonree, dotdash79
March 11 - RarerThanDandyB, Earth_pig, the_arsonist, zeppelin
March 12 - Joey T, jyoung
March 13 - Jakeyboi135, Andy0808 v5, MetaKate
March 16 - Fish Bulb
March 17 - Waltere, crazyfool1, circus92, FuzzyDunlop, Miyn
March 18 - Kalopsia, Matt42
March 19 - sisco
March 20 - giantkatestacks, kalifire
March 22 - Simsy
March 23 - Jon F
March 24 - a6l6e6x
March 25 - CJTM
March 26 - Tuna, DareToDibble
March 28 - mikegday
March 31 - MattyMooz, petewilson09

A big lean towards mid-March. Huge fan of mrholmes predicting the line up to be dropped tomorrow and posting a fake I assume he made the night before

March 16 for me

On 2/13/2020 at 12:51 PM, Brad2434 said:

A mate of mine works for an artist agency, mainly made up of DJs, which a lot of them are playing this year. He said last night he’s seen the first poster and that it’s coming next week. Personally I can’t see it as it’s a month earlier than normal, but he’s not one to lie about seeing the poster so I believe him on that. He wouldn’t say anything else 

Tell you what, remembering this post has certainly made this Monday morning more bearable!

Anything else been said? 

2 hours ago, JoeyT said:

Tell you what, remembering this post has certainly made this Monday morning more bearable!

Anything else been said? 

Would like to know more also! I didn't think many people saw the poster before the release, there's plenty of artist agency's out there so I'd assume it would leak if it was shown to them

On 2/13/2020 at 11:51 PM, Brad2434 said:

A mate of mine works for an artist agency, mainly made up of DJs, which a lot of them are playing this year. He said last night he’s seen the first poster and that it’s coming next week. Personally I can’t see it as it’s a month earlier than normal, but he’s not one to lie about seeing the poster so I believe him on that. He wouldn’t say anything else 

So next week is when the ‘could it be today?’ season starts. Cue the days of refreshing on the hour to no avail. 

It has begun. 

As someone who knows someone personally who has been on a Glastonbury poster I don’t know if it works like that. He is a smaller act but he basically got a call the night before and said “do we have your permission to announce you” and he only saw the poster once the poster was public.

Not sure if he’s playing this year but I can ask him.

2 minutes ago, a6l6e6x said:

That's how I thought it worked, always under the impression the poster itself is only seen by a very very limited number of people close to the festival and the acts are only sent the 'i'm playing glastonbury' image

The absolutely gigantic acts... *ahem* Janet Jackson.. might see a draft to see whether they agree with their billing on the poster. But anyone below that just gets a thumbs up I imagine.

edit: also @eFestivals unless you can disprove it. I’m not sure press outlets get the poster early either. I don’t think it’s like R&L where the poster is out there earlier than the announcement.

Edited by Matt42

5 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

The absolutely gigantic acts... *ahem* Janet Jackson.. might see a draft to see whether they agree with their billing on the poster. But anyone below that just gets a thumbs up I imagine.

And even then I only think thats the night before.

I genuinely presume its Emily, Nick, Michael and 1 other who makes the final copy. 

4 minutes ago, chazwwe said:

And even then I only think thats the night before.

I genuinely presume its Emily, Nick, Michael and 1 other who makes the final copy. 

I don’t think a Glastonbury poster has ever leaked. Which makes me think is not circulated at all before it drops.

2 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

I don’t think a Glastonbury poster has ever leaked. Which makes me think is not circulated at all before it drops.

Despite you saying Janet Jackson might get a draft look in the comment I quoted. So then so would all the headliners/bigger names get a look as well? Or just Janet Jackson? 

4 minutes ago, chazwwe said:

Despite you saying Janet Jackson might get a draft look in the comment I quoted. So then so would all the headliners/bigger names get a look as well? Or just Janet Jackson? 

Reason I mentioned Janet was because she had a version of the poster which was different to everyone else. She was billed differently in her version to the one Glasto put out.

Its a guess but there is evidence out there that agents request that their artists are billed high on Coachella posters. I can’t imagine that is something exclusive to coachella. It’s probably a thing for those at the top.

edit: it was probably just Janets agent requiring that she is billed as a headliner. Regardless of whether she is in fact headlining.

Edited by Matt42