2020 Next Announcement Thread!

Matt42

I am going 20th March when I will be away with work somewhere in the wrong time zone and no proper time to digest or chat on here. If it is later then 7th April as I will be in Wales with inlaws who won't understand the importance of me needing to squirrel myself away for a few hours and so simmering resentment will build.

I can’t remember what year it was... for some reason I’m thinking 2015 maybe 2016 but I remember we had some newbie poster on here which said it was coming at 7pm. It was a really quiet day so we didn’t expect it to come and we didn’t really have any solid evidence it was coming. 

Then someone like avalanches or something posted a Glastonbury graphic an hour or so before the poster dropped and this place went wild. Sometimes it does have a habit of coming on days where we aren’t expecting.

What I can say tho is we do have *some* prior warning that is dropping. Albeit a limited one.

1 minute ago, Matt42 said:

I can’t remember what year it was... for some reason I’m thinking 2015 maybe 2016 but I remember we had some newbie poster on here which said it was coming at 7pm. It was a really quiet day so we didn’t expect it to come and we didn’t really have any solid evidence it was coming. 

Then someone like avalanches or something posted a Glastonbury graphic an hour or so before the poster dropped and this place went wild. Sometimes it does have a habit of coming on days where we aren’t expecting.

What I can say tho is we do have *some* prior warning that is dropping. Albeit a limited one.

Avalanches was 16 I think. Pretty sure I was actually active on here when that happened and not just lurking, which would have been 16. Wasn't that basically when they to all intents and purposes got a bollocking from Glastonbury and became persona no grata?

EDIT - went and checked t'interwebs. That was 2017.

Edited by Quark

4 minutes ago, Quark said:

Avalanches was 16 I think. Pretty sure I was actually active on here when that happened and not just lurking, which would have been 16. Wasn't that basically when they to all intents and purposes got a bollocking from Glastonbury and became persona no grata?

2017 came in the morning as I remember I woke up my housemate who was coming as a glasto newbie. They looked it and went “Katy Perry... lol” and then went back to bed.

We then had great fun at Katy Perry later that year.

47 minutes ago, Kalopsia said:

Wednesday the 18th of March, I will be in Victoria BC hopefully freaking out in front of a bunch of people that have no idea what I mean as I excitedly shout "He just told us to stand by our beds"

I’ve only been once before, and can’t remember the poster drop back in 2015, basically because I can barely remember this morning. The stand by our beds thing... please elaborate!

6 minutes ago, Quark said:

From memory they were in Australia and hadnt factored in the time difference?

Just now, Jack The Stripper said:

I’ve only been once before, and can’t remember the poster drop back in 2015, basically because I can barely remember this morning. The stand by our beds thing... please elaborate!

Check bottom of page 27 - just explained it to Circus92 as well :)

1 minute ago, Clarence Clemons said:

the Michael Scott one?!

Nope, the Michael Eavis one. I can't post it; opening it before the allotted time is like opening the Ark of the Covenant. I'm not being held responsible for melting people's faces, Neil will never let me hear the end of it.

1 minute ago, Quark said:

Nope, the Michael Eavis one. I can't post it; opening it before the allotted time is like opening the Ark of the Covenant. I'm not being held responsible for melting people's faces, Neil will never let me hear the end of it.

haha ok man I hear you, I'll look out for it!

Last year it dropped on my birthday (Fri 15th March). It was literally the best present I received.!! I be amazed if it dropped on my birthday again this year but that would be a Sunday and i'd be running the Bath Half. Still, would be awesome to digest it when I finish the race. Double Woohaa!!! 

3 minutes ago, s30foster said:

Last year it dropped on my birthday (Fri 15th March). It was literally the best present I received.!! I be amazed if it dropped on my birthday again this year but that would be a Sunday and i'd be running the Bath Half. Still, would be awesome to digest it when I finish the race. Double Woohaa!!! 

We have never had an announcement on my birthday, we wont this year either as it has been and gone.

5 minutes ago, s30foster said:

My birthday is 27th of June. This year Saturday in Glasto. I could not ask for more :)

From Emily's comments I think we get it earlier this year - possibly the earliest ever. It's a special one, and we already know more than we've ever known before about who's playing at this point!

I think this is all because they've been booking the acts for the 50th for the last three years or so, so they'll have all the main stages sewn up earlier than ever. This makes me think we'll get the first poster earlier than the previous earliest of 15th March - I'm going for last week of Feb or first week of March (of course, I'm hoping that's the case coz I can't wait! Although more than a little pleased about what we know so far)