2020 Next Announcement Thread!

Matt42

42 minutes ago, Yellow Chicken said:

With it being a leap year there is more chance of it being February than normal, 2 weeks to go?

A mate of mine works for an artist agency, mainly made up of DJs, which a lot of them are playing this year. He said last night he’s seen the first poster and that it’s coming next week. Personally I can’t see it as it’s a month earlier than normal, but he’s not one to lie about seeing the poster so I believe him on that. He wouldn’t say anything else 

4 minutes ago, Brad2434 said:

A mate of mine works for an artist agency, mainly made up of DJs, which a lot of them are playing this year. He said last night he’s seen the first poster and that it’s coming next week. Personally I can’t see it as it’s a month earlier than normal, but he’s not one to lie about seeing the poster so I believe him on that. He wouldn’t say anything else 

Before today, a February poster drop wouldn't have blown my mind. Now we've had LDR I think that'll be it until March. We'll see though! They've certainly been dropping info earlier than usual this year.

34 minutes ago, Brad2434 said:

I wonder if they'd make the poster a week or more in advance. It's not the most complex job of the festival but is subject to so much change, and once it's made (and shared) can be leaked. I'm not calling bullshit or out, but if I was doing it I'd get a designer booked out for the day/day before they want it released and do it as late as possible.

F**k me this place was mad today - I think that was easily the longest it has taken me to catch up with what is going on yet.  Couldn’t help noticing that most of the posts were this morning / early afternoon and now it has quietened down significantly - does anyone actually do any work during the day? 😂

At the same time I get the suspicion that I have seen nothing yet - it probably gets even crazier, right?

1 minute ago, circus92 said:

F**k me this place was mad today - I think that was easily the longest it has taken me to catch up with what is going on yet.  Couldn’t help noticing that most of the posts were this morning / early afternoon and now it has quietened down significantly - does anyone actually do any work during the day? 😂

At the same time I get the suspicion that I have seen nothing yet - it probably gets even crazier, right?

so today we got the Lana info ... A bit of slowtai aggro ..... along with a dash of corona virus .... Emily 2021 announcement.... and the women on sunday ...... now compare this with a poster drop of x number of names .... and work days are busiest .... but today kicked off early with the awards going on late last night .... but momentum is building nicely ... 

Most of the other festivals have released now, i know that all points east has some to do.

Cant be long now really,  like someone else said i am satisfied with what we have now, howver would like someone rock oriented to be announced mind to stop my friends whining.

Edited by Earth_pig

1 hour ago, Earth_pig said:

Most of the other festivals have released now, i know that all points east has some to do.

Cant be long now really,  like someone else said i am satisfied with what we have now, howver would like someone rock oriented to be announced mind to stop my friends whining.

It's a coincidence but until now all the confirmations are individual and not a band. Taylor-Macca-Lana-Diana :)

14 hours ago, circus92 said:

I have been quite ill, so sick that I didn’t look-in here yesterday which is a true measure of how awful I was feeling. Finally looked in early this morning and found out about Lana, Emily at the NME possible poster earlier than usual. 

Haha, a good observation! The weekends are dead...

And yes, it gets much crazier. This thread when we're expecting the poster drop is off the chart mental. Then when the individual posters start coming (we don't like waiting any more than a couple of days between posters before getting angsty again). And thats before we even get to the madness of the weather/state of the ground threads a few days out....oh my days. 

And this year is a wee bit more subdued because we think we know all Pyramid headliners and possibly the other headliners too. Uncertainty breeds batshit numbers of posts. 

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Sasperella said:

And yes, it gets much crazier. This thread when we're expecting the poster drop is off the chart mental. Then when the individual posters start coming (we don't like waiting any more than a couple of days between posters before getting angsty again). And thats before we even get to the madness of the weather/state of the ground threads a few days out....oh my days. 

And this year is a wee bit more subdued because we think we know all Pyramid headliners and possibly the other headliners too. Uncertainty breeds batshit numbers of posts. 

Also don’t forget the ticket dispatch thread!

• Upvote 1

T-Day is the most mental time of the year for efests, but poster day is a good one too.

17 minutes ago, Sasperella said:

I gotta say the state of the ground is my favourite thread in the build up, especially with the changeable weather last year - every day it was looking like a different forecast, so many twists and turns

24 minutes ago, Sasperella said:

After the individual poster threads the state of ground thread last year was my favourite thread. 

9 minutes ago, tomfestival_11 said:

my favorite is poster day when we see someone/ a band  completely random that was not rumored or talked about. To be honest i cant think of a good example of when this has happened haha. Maybe shaking stevens a few years back.

Ah that is a great moment! Either poster or full lineup day. 

Some big ones I remember for me are The National, Queens of the Stone Age, TV on the Radio and The Cat Empire (second set on Other). 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, tomfestival_11 said:

my favorite is poster day when we see someone/ a band  completely random that was not rumored or talked about. To be honest i cant think of a good example of when this has happened haha. Maybe shaking stevens a few years back.

Death Cab For Cutie was one for me, I dont remember them being rumoured or spoken about much.