2020 Next Announcement Thread!

Matt42

4 minutes ago, Havors said:

Yep, however.... it has been getting a little earlier over the years... last year was the earliest yet I think, on 15th March...

They should be really nice and release it end of Feb this year I think :D 

I’d love it but I’m not holding out much hope. It’s very much in Glastonbury’s character to let everyone forget about them, let the other festivals sell their tickets, then remind them that they still exist.

Remember it has to get really really really quiet before it gets loud again. That’s just the Glastonbury way.

Having floated the idea of Emily giving us some names at the NME awards i'm buzzing at the thought she is equally as likely to use her acceptance speech to tell us about how many extra long drops or water refill stations have been installed for this year.

But having said that anyone want to guess on the female artists names she may give us which haven't been confirmed yet?

Just now, JoeyT said:

Having floated the idea of Emily giving us some names at the NME awards i'm buzzing at the thought she is equally as likely to use her acceptance speech to tell us about how many extra long drops or water refill stations have been installed for this year.

But having said that anyone want to guess on the female artists names she may give us which haven't been confirmed yet?

The first paragraph will excite some almost as much as the lineup drop :) 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, WestCountryGirl said:

Last night I actually had a dream wherein a european festival lineup was announced that included Lana Del Rey even though it was the same weekend she is supposed to be at Bonnaroo. Then I kept trying to google Bonnaroo but I kept spelling it wrong and no results would come up.

That was it. That was the dream.

From this I can summise that 1) my subconscious really, really wants LDR at Glasto even though it is looking hella unlikely 2) I am spending too much time here and thinking about this stuff and 3) we are greatly in need of an announcement. 

I had similar dream in the build up to ticket day, except I was spelling Glastonbury wrong and couldn't get onto the sale page 😅

30 minutes ago, kalifire said:

Nah, I couldn't be dealing with that. I generally know so few people in the line-up, I need that April-June period to do my research.

This is what I really think but part of me would appreciate the chaos.

I've found loads of acts I love from listening to them prior to Glastonbury and other festivals.

I’m gonna say March because we are getting through feb and I think Kendrick needs a bit more time to sell his dates.

I reckon we might get the poster drop earlier than usual in March... but it will still be March.

I can’t believe we are nearly at that time again!

23 minutes ago, Smash Williams said:

Can anyone remember why 2002 was so late? or was it just a case of that was the first time it'd been officially released beforehand? I went in 2002 but like most Glastonbury memories from back then, its all a bit hazy...

They didn’t have a license for the festival until quite late. 

34 minutes ago, Smash Williams said:

Can anyone remember why 2002 was so late? or was it just a case of that was the first time it'd been officially released beforehand? I went in 2002 but like most Glastonbury memories from back then, its all a bit hazy...

Back in those days, a lot of it was tied in with the print deadlines & street date of whichever music publication they were partnered with at the time - I'm not sure but in 2002 I guess it would either be Select or Q.

In 2002 specifically, I think they also had to keep one of the headliners (Stereophonics) secret until the gates opened because of some form of exclusivity agreement at V Festival.

Edited by incident

8 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

Nah, they had the licence in January.

I'm pretty sure it's because Michael had made a bet with himself that he could sell out the festival without announcing an act.

Haha that guy.

Also the year Rod Stewart was booked :s

Edited by Earth_pig

23 hours ago, Gnomicide said:

A twisted part of me would like 2002 stylee, just for the fume.

Screenshot_20200206-115629_Chrome.thumb.jpg.351ad3deda6b711c1695c0f457509ec0.jpg

Screenshot_20200206-115647_Chrome.thumb.jpg.03ed4504268f1d31e4eebd9baec96349.jpg

Imagine the torture.

I’ve always wondered if I’d love or hate for them to announce absolutely nobody. You don’t find out who’s playing until you get through the gates and get your lanyard/programme. 

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, DareToDibble said:

Imagine the torture.

I’ve always wondered if I’d love or hate for them to announce absolutely nobody. You don’t find out who’s playing until you get through the gates and get your lanyard/programme. 

That would definitely help the resale team :)