2020 Next Announcement Thread!

Matt42

Of the 20 performers announcements made in February, 13 have been headliners, 2 Legends, 4 other and 1 mix of a headliner and another.

Given we already know 2 headliners and the Legend, is the best we can hope for the final headliner and/or some other herbert?

The previous record for 1st Poster is 15th March (last year), possibility of beating that I suppose.

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

Of the 20 performers announcements made in February, 13 have been headliners, 2 Legends, 4 other and 1 mix of a headliner and another.

Given we already know 2 headliners and the Legend, is the best we can hope for the final headliner and/or some other herbert?

The previous record for 1st Poster is 15th March (last year), possibility of beating that I suppose.

I have a feeling it'll either be headliner or Aerosmith, if we DO get another announcement. If we don't I can see a very early poster reveal. 

Just now, crazyfool1 said:

very true ... we do seem to have lots more thats strong rumours than normal  at this stage ... although maybe im just imagining it :) 

I feel that too, and for some reason strongly suspect an earlier poster drop this year. I suspect early March.

3 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

They aren't doing such a great job of keeping it under wraps so far :) .... although an actual confirmation I suppose makes some difference ? 

they've had easy opportunity to explicitly say they're playing, and they've declined to take it. They've heavily hinted at it, but that's them playing along with the game they're expected to play along with, which is how (ultimately) Glastonbury gets the bands that it does.

It's not impossible they'll get an early announcement - and the fact of it being so public does (I guess) increase that possibility - but there isn't really too much reason to think they'd be one of the few earlier announcements when there's so many other bands on the bill that might also be an early announcement.

And from Glastonbury's point of view i suspect there's plenty of other acts who rate higher for the interest an early announcement would generate.

35 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

they've had easy opportunity to explicitly say they're playing, and they've declined to take it. They've heavily hinted at it, but that's them playing along with the game they're expected to play along with, which is how (ultimately) Glastonbury gets the bands that it does.

It's not impossible they'll get an early announcement - and the fact of it being so public does (I guess) increase that possibility - but there isn't really too much reason to think they'd be one of the few earlier announcements when there's so many other bands on the bill that might also be an early announcement.

And from Glastonbury's point of view i suspect there's plenty of other acts who rate higher for the interest an early announcement would generate.

yes but they have a few weeks of interviews ... so could be waiting to drop it in in a later one .... not the biggest in terms of announcements but we've had the legend and 2 pyramid headliners maybe a legendary non legend  , so a band thats been performed in 5 different decades and at ( the 30th and 40th anniversarys)  might be due its own announcement for the 50th ? this is mixed with a bit of wishful thinking on my part too 

1 minute ago, crazyfool1 said:

yes but they have a few weeks of interviews ... so could be waiting to drop it in in a later one

anything is possible - including a hundred other bands announcing themselves before PSBs get round to announcing themselves in a later interview. :P 

There's no particular reason to think PSBs are going to be the next announcement, or an early announcement. Most of the bands on the bill don't get those, and there's nothing particularly special or unusual about PSBs for why they might. 

But anything is possible. :) 

23 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

anything is possible - including a hundred other bands announcing themselves before PSBs get round to announcing themselves in a later interview. :P 

There's no particular reason to think PSBs are going to be the next announcement, or an early announcement. Most of the bands on the bill don't get those, and there's nothing particularly special or unusual about PSBs for why they might. 

But anything is possible. :) 

It'll either be them annoucning themselves or on the poster. I honestly feel like it'll be Aerosmith next, maybe the week when Emily gets the award. 

1 hour ago, chazwwe said:

It'll either be them annoucning themselves or on the poster. I honestly feel like it'll be Aerosmith next, maybe the week when Emily gets the award. 

im really hoping they pull an announcement out of the bag that no one was expecting, just ignore PSB/Aerosmith until poster drops :)