2020 Next Announcement Thread!

Matt42

5 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

Anyone else seen anyone saying 'big gig announcement on Monday'?

Probably bugger all to fo with Glastonbury but if there are a few about, it might be worth getting excited about. 

Quite a few festivals are announcing next week and the week after. Kendal calling was due to be Monday but the moved back to Wednesday 

1 hour ago, Gnomicide said:

Anyone else seen anyone saying 'big gig announcement on Monday'?

Probably bugger all to fo with Glastonbury but if there are a few about, it might be worth getting excited about. 

I don’t think Glastonbury announcements are ever teased by artists with a “festival announcement tomorrow morning” message as such.

2 hours ago, priest17 said:

Payday on Friday, probably a fair amount of stuff gonna get announced this week (not Glastonbury though)

Think the likes of Y Not, Kendal, Victorius, Parklife and Wireless are all announcing.

I'd be amazed if Glastonbury done anything 

People book and plan their holidays mostly in January. So it's the perfect time to do announcements and get the cash in. Glastonbury already sold out so they don't have the same pressure for carrot dangling in Jan. 

You might not book then but we have a guesthouse and we get a booking spike just after new year. It's a thing (y). People like to organise their time off and January sucks arse so we all need something to look forward to to get us through the doldrums. 

Edited by H.M.V
Sounded like an arsehole. Needed rewording

On 1/25/2020 at 10:46 PM, Ayrshire Chris said:

Speculation a few months back that Sam Fender would be playing, especially after he pulled out last year but havnt seen anything rumoured yet. He is touring so hopefully he will appear. Anyone heard anything? 

I would be very surprised if he wasn't. He's never played, he's had a massive 12 months and he missed last year and he's touring. I'd say it's a given. Mid/ late afternoon Other Stage or John Peel second from top I'd say.

3 minutes ago, danbailey80 said:

I would be very surprised if he wasn't. He's never played, he's had a massive 12 months and he missed last year and he's touring. I'd say it's a given. Mid/ late afternoon Other Stage or John Peel second from top I'd say.

It is looking good, he’s also supporting the Killers. We missed out on tickets for his Glasgow gigs so glasto would be great