2020 Next Announcement Thread!

Matt42

16 hours ago, crazyfool1 said:

Its got to be Aerosmith or Pet Shop boys next surely ? ..... anyone else in the mix .... fatboy slim announcement ? :) 

Or Kendrick 

I think they'll give us all of the headliners then give us the 1st line up in March (Hopefully early March)

2 hours ago, gmb1992 said:

Or Kendrick 

I think they'll give us all of the headliners then give us the 1st line up in March (Hopefully early March)

Potentially yes ... although I think they would choose to hold one back for a bigger impact when the poster comes .... It won't have quite the same impact with the headliners already announced ... as discussed on here hes known as  number 3 but there are many people outside of here who dont have the foggiest who it will be .... they need to sell those resale tickets after all :) 

1 hour ago, crazyfool1 said:

Potentially yes ... although I think they would choose to hold one back for a bigger impact when the poster comes .... It won't have quite the same impact with the headliners already announced ... as discussed on here hes known as  number 3 but there are many people outside of here who dont have the foggiest who it will be .... they need to sell those resale tickets after all :) 

Thats how I feel in regards to Aerosmith 

I know that there is no pattern but when is poster likely? March? Is it not normal for all headliners to be known before the poster or do I just think they are normally confirmed before as I spend too much time on here?!

When was the last time we were truly surprised by the top line of the poster?

3 hours ago, Gnomicide said:

If Kendrick has the same timeline as Taylor, he'll be announced in 9 day's time.

Kendrick did not sell out BST today. I think Taylor did? 

Is it possible announcing Kendrick is connected to either selling out BST or a minimum amount of time from on sale if not sold out? 

12 minutes ago, Chrisp1986 said:

I know that there is no pattern but when is poster likely? March? Is it not normal for all headliners to be known before the poster or do I just think they are normally confirmed before as I spend too much time on here?!

When was the last time we were truly surprised by the top line of the poster?

Looking at @Gnomicide's awesome 'The Thingy' website, it looks as if in recent years the last time we know the headliners before the poster was 2017. If I remember correctly, even then most people here had guessed the 3 headliners (although Radiohead and Foo Fighters made it extremely obvious).

Also looks like the first poster can be anytime between early March to late April, so I think we're still a month away yet. Maybe that'll be different for the 50th, who knows!

https://theglastonburythingy.weebly.com/the-thingy.html

Edited by discgoesmic

42 minutes ago, discgoesmic said:

Looking at @Gnomicide's awesome 'The Thingy' website, it looks as if in recent years the last time we know the headliners before the poster was 2017. If I remember correctly, even then most people here had guessed the 3 headliners (although Radiohead and Foo Fighters made it extremely obvious).

Also looks like the first poster can be anytime between early March to late April, so I think we're still a month away yet. Maybe that'll be different for the 50th, who knows!

Preach!

The "When does..." page is your friend.

https://theglastonburythingy.weebly.com/when-does.html

It's about 50/50 that we know all the headliners before the poster comes out. It's happened in:

2017, 2016, 2011, 2010, 2009, 2008 & 2005

Screenshot_20191215-172117_Chrome.thumb.jpg.e60edeced8d295d4a69b8c727dd49e0c.jpg

Screenshot_20200124-172620_Chrome.thumb.jpg.986719314c875adc785d3884ddb91453.jpg

• Like 1

6 hours ago, assorted said:

Kendrick did not sell out BST today. I think Taylor did? 

Is it possible announcing Kendrick is connected to either selling out BST or a minimum amount of time from on sale if not sold out? 

You can still buy tickets for taylor swift, i just tried - 90 quid a ticket

2 minutes ago, Earth_pig said:

You can still buy tickets for taylor swift, i just tried - 90 quid a ticket

Yes, I was referring to general admission, which has sold out. The 90 quid ticket is for something called "primary entry" which seems to be one of the numerous VIP packages that have yet to sell out. See here - https://www.bst-hydepark.com/tickets/11-july-taylor-swift

Kendrick Lamar general admission has *not* yet sold out. See here - https://www.bst-hydepark.com/tickets/5-july-kendrick-lamar

I am assuming that general admission is the overwhelming majority of the tickets so that could be the condition for allowing an announcement? Though I've no clue if BST selling out is connected to a Glastonbury headliner announcement being allowed or not just throwing out guesses during this dry news month. 🙂  

5 hours ago, Gnomicide said:

Preach!

The "When does..." page is your friend.

https://theglastonburythingy.weebly.com/when-does.html

It's about 50/50 that we know all the headliners before the poster comes out. It's happened in:

2017, 2016, 2011, 2010, 2009, 2008 & 2005

Screenshot_20191215-172117_Chrome.thumb.jpg.e60edeced8d295d4a69b8c727dd49e0c.jpg

Screenshot_20200124-172620_Chrome.thumb.jpg.986719314c875adc785d3884ddb91453.jpg

I wonder how many likes and hearts I've spaffed on various iterations of the thingy being posted to answer whatatever question has come out of the ether 

Edited by Sasperella
  • Upvote 1