2020 Next Announcement Thread!

Matt42

11 minutes ago, incident said:

So no chance of a Thursday set happening this or any year unless the council (and therefore, the locals) agree to it after a licence amendment is put in. Which will never happen.

I think it's very unlikely to happen. From my experience sitting-in on licence hearings the council are very resistant to expanding the disruption for locals.

Having said that, an exception for something big like a 50th anniversary might get past them, but I still think it's very unlikely.

2 minutes ago, Big durbs said:

yes , i am aware , but i heard they were going to ask MCC for a one year only Thursday afternoon/eve extension 

as they'd need to book acts, they'd need to get the OK from the council before they booked the acts.

Which very probably means it's not going to happen, as the application would need to be made by around now. As it's a public thing and no one is aware of application, it can't have happened.

1 minute ago, jparx said:

How strict are they with the curfew? If a band stops playing at 11:32pm on the Sunday on the Pyramid, would the festival be fined or would the council just give them a slap on the wrist?

Don't know, but it would start a moaning war on eFests that's for sure 😋

2 minutes ago, jparx said:

How strict are they with the curfew? If a band stops playing at 11:32pm on the Sunday on the Pyramid, would the festival be fined or would the council just give them a slap on the wrist?

the council would be likely to act, because the council is likely to have locals on their backs complaining about the 2 minutes extra noise.

5 minutes ago, jparx said:

They got fined £3,000 when Springsteen went 9 minutes over, and I think it was said at the time that if it happened again it'd be more.

1 hour ago, The Martini Police said:

I think you're massively underestimating Aerosmith. No chance they were a back-up, they're a mammoth booking. Others are too by talking about Aerosmith as a sub. There's no way they're doing anything except a special guest slot with an extended set length. Doesn't need a fancy name because it's a global juggernaut of a band playing in the afternoon but will get one anyway, formally or informally. They're not gonna book a band more famous than many headliners (including one playing this festival - yes, less relevant currently obviously) and have them simply as a back-up to the legend (who I'd bet they'll get a way bigger crowd than btw) or playing the same slot in terms of stature as the likes of the likes of xx, The National and Vampire Weekend. 

Wait you’ve misinterpreted what I’ve said.

if they failed to get Diana in the Sunday slot they might have had Aerosmith in the back of their mind to play at that point if it didn’t pan out.

Not that Aerosmith are a replacement booking.

22 minutes ago, incident said:

They got fined £3,000 when Springsteen went 9 minutes over, and I think it was said at the time that if it happened again it'd be more.

To be fair, they should have been fined for the 6* hours he played before the curfew.

* It felt like 6 hours.

Edited by stuartbert two hats