2020 Next Announcement Thread!

Matt42

• 4 weeks later...
38 minutes ago, dotdash79 said:

So next announcement maybe before Christmas do you think pyramid headliner or another stage?

kylie was on the 19th December and Janelle was 7th January (thanks @Gnomicide)

I reckon we get nothing till the new year. May as well stock up on Egg Nog and bucks dizz and hope someone drops a ridiculous fake poster to keep us all going...

On 11/2/2019 at 8:57 AM, ticketboy69 said:

Every year I promise myself I won’t get caught up in all of this and every year I’m here, every day, scouring these boards for clues and information!

This thread, headliners and the state of the ground become my life...I’m 50 years old, this needs to stop. 

Too true. It’s inexplicable really as we all continually say the festival is so much more than the headliners and those who’ve never been don’t understand blah blah.... yet we endlessly talk about the headliners on here!!!

Feels like we're twiddling our thumbs now waiting for some confirmation of the headliners. We went for so long without info, then it all came in one go, now I'm just sat tapping my fingers on my desk!

I doubt they'll release anything on Christmas week (wouldn't be the craziest thing they've done, mind) so I'd imagine if they are announcing something it will be in the next three weeks.

I do think one year they should do an announcement advent calendar. Even if it's just smaller acts way down the bill, building up to a headliner on Christmas Eve.

Edited by jparx

11 hours ago, jparx said:

I do think one year they should do an announcement advent calendar. Even if it's just smaller acts way down the bill, building up to a headliner on Christmas Eve.

The problem with this idea, which is suggested every year at this time is that it's way too early for them. They never give out 24 acts worth at this point, what we need is some kind of advent calendar like tradition that goes on through Lent. That'd be perfect for announcement fun.

So come on Christians diversify your festivities, Lent Calendars with presumably something other than chocolate in them due to the abstainent nature of the tradition, once they've done that for a few years we can get our Glastonbury Announcement Countdown.