2020 Next Announcement Thread!

Matt42

7 minutes ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

I'm thinking they might focus on promoting the book for the next few weeks then reveal something big in late November/early December. I just think they'll want to maximise the book sales right now and not take any attention away from that.

That said, there might be a couple of minor reveals during the book tour. 

Minor like Taylor Swift headlining Sunday and playing 1989 in full?

9 hours ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

I'm thinking they might focus on promoting the book for the next few weeks then reveal something big in late November/early December. I just think they'll want to maximise the book sales right now and not take any attention away from that.

That said, there might be a couple of minor reveals during the book tour. 

Wouldn't a headliner announcement contribute to promoting the book though? 

My thought is the media won't be too bothered about announcing the book is out today, but if a headliner is announced they'd be all over it and also throw in that this announcement coincides with the release of the new book. 

1 minute ago, Padgey said:

My thought is the media won't be too bothered about announcing the book is out today, but if a headliner is announced they'd be all over it and also throw in that this announcement coincides with the release of the new book. 

And the timing would be pretty spot on to counteract some other crap that was due today 

1 minute ago, Padgey said:

Very much agree with the thought process behind this.

3 minutes ago, Padgey said:

Totally agree. Might not happen today, but I do think announcing something actually helps promote the book.

"Emily Eavis was at an event to mark the launch of the Glastonbury 50 book when it as revealed..." Etc.

7 minutes ago, jparx said:

Totally agree. Might not happen today, but I do think announcing something actually helps promote the book.

"Emily Eavis was at an event to mark the launch of the Glastonbury 50 book when it as revealed..." Etc.

https://www.introducinglive.co.uk/speakers/jo-whiley-in-conversation-with-emily-eavis-celebrating-50-years-of-glastonbury

14:45-15:30 today. 

Given this statement from the website there might be a campervan / worthy view announcement to come today...

Campervan tickets for 2020 will cost £125 for a standard pitch or £225 for a large pitch. Further information about booking campervan/caravan tickets will be released, alongside Worthy View accommodation information, later in October.

37 minutes ago, jparx said:

So Emily is with Jo this afternoon, then the event tonight with Ed, Mary etc?

We must get at least a vague hint from these, surely.

I hope so. The nights are drawing in and I need something (i.e. this thread, in all its batshit glory) to distract me from the horrors of the Grinch Election. 

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Sasperella said:

I hope so. The nights are drawing in and I need something (i.e. this thread, in all its batshit glory) to distract me from the horrors of the Grinch Election. 

And what better way to celebrate "we're still in the EU!" Day

22 minutes ago, jparx said:

And what better way to celebrate "we're still in the EU!" Day

My job currently involves working on Brexit. We are very much looking forward to our celebratory pub trip later. Someone has apparently even made a European themed quiz. Win. 

Edited by Sasperella
  • Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Padgey said:

Yeah, I guess so.

That's a fair point. I would just imagine they wouldn't want anything to distract people from buying the book, that's all. Maybe it wouldn't? As someone has said below, there are so many events happening over the next week or so, something might leak out at some point.