Best festival trolley ever (Electronic!)

GoonerRob

from my experiance of taken many many sack trucks to glasto, made three big trolley designs from mountains bikes (approx 1.4m by 1m)

I do like this 8/10

but....

do not relay on this in very muddy conditions AND you have to go off the tracks

if it's for only to and from car to site, should be good, but if carrying people around the site then...

a)be prepared to be kicked off the path by a big arsed tracktor in to almost knee deep mud - then get ready for some serious pulling/ pushing (taking rope can get extra help)

b) some poky thing to get the mud from inside all the suspention bit before it sets! - water can help as well, putting some mud scrapers on would help

c) random drucken people jumping on it for a lift! (I had two large blokes hi-jack my big trolley and let themseleves go down the hill near strummerville!)

d) lots of nimble steering - think going through crowds!! otherwise be prepared to wait a bloody long time in the crushes with people trying to climb over it!!

/2p

Edited by wweerr208

• 2 months later...
On 11/5/2019 at 10:40 PM, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

Just spotted this while searching for another type of trolley;

Image result for garden trolley + folding metal sides + vonhaus

I reckon with two people involved, you could shift a shed load with that. Not so sure about the solid rubber tyres though, and the price tag at £270, which may or may not include delivery.

You see these trolleys in bits around the metal walkways every year. The wheels can't hack it. You need something with inflatable tyres and more sturdy contruction. Don't buy this!

9 hours ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

Was it like this;

Image result for carp trolley

I had one of those, but it couldn't take the terrain, despite the pneumatic tyres. I guess I may have over loaded it.

Its not quite like that as mine is more of an upright one but your one looks really good. It looks like it could take quite a load.

28 minutes ago, marathonsteve said:

Its not quite like that as mine is more of an upright one but your one looks really good. It looks like it could take quite a load.

Yeah, they're designed to take an awful lot of fishing gear. That said, mine only lasted one Bestival (when it was on the Isle of Wight) and one Glastonbury. I think it was the rough terrain and possibly overloading it that killed it. 

4 hours ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

Yeah, they're designed to take an awful lot of fishing gear. That said, mine only lasted one Bestival (when it was on the Isle of Wight) and one Glastonbury. I think it was the rough terrain and possibly overloading it that killed it. 

I see I make about 2/3 trips with the trolly. I also use one of those large plastic containers which greatly helps with all the odds and sods

2 hours ago, marathonsteve said:

I see I make about 2/3 trips with the trolly. I also use one of those large plastic containers which greatly helps with all the odds and sods

Agh, that's possibly where I've been going wrong. I've only ever done it in a single trip. Hence the overloading issues, as I require it that I bring almost my own body weight in alcohol in on that single trip, as well as tent, etc.

11 minutes ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

What on earth were you thinking? that's got insanity written all over it.

I think there is a great possibility I wasn’t thinking ... it was early days for a trolley for us ... actually worked reasonably considering ... but that was quickly condemned to the trolley graveyard in the sky ( returned to Asda ) 

44 minutes ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

Agh, that's possibly where I've been going wrong. I've only ever done it in a single trip. Hence the overloading issues, as I require it that I bring almost my own body weight in alcohol in on that single trip, as well as tent, etc.

Glasto is littered with Trolly grave yards hopefully near recycling bins

35 minutes ago, marathonsteve said:

Glasto is littered with Trolly grave yards hopefully near recycling bins

I know. I brought mine home with me with the intention of not only repairing it, but like they did with Steve Austin, I thought to myself  - We can rebuild it. We have the technology. We can make it better, than it was. Better, stronger, faster. Only I never got around to it!

2 minutes ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

I know. I brought mine home with me with the intention of not only repairing it, but like they did with Steve Austin, I thought to myself  - We can rebuild it. We have the technology. We can make it better, than it was. Better, stronger, faster. Only I never got around to it!

I have every confidence that you will rebuild ( maybe ). Mine can be taken apart which is the main reason I bought it. 

40 minutes ago, marathonsteve said:

I have every confidence that you will rebuild ( maybe ). Mine can be taken apart which is the main reason I bought it. 

Unfortunately I have to let you down on that front. I have no longer got the carcass of the trolley. I took it to the council tip in the end. However, I did put it in the metal recycling skip. I've got a campervan now for festivals.

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/26/2019 at 1:42 PM, crazyfool1 said:

Actually one of the few things that i take that doesnt contain lights :) .... my bike trailer has been great ... 2016 was a tough one for it though (photo is not 2016 ) 

P1020190.jpeg

Ive been thinking about building a new trolley for this year,

@crazyfool1 Did you buy that yourself or is it a self build?

Just now, Staberinde said:

Ive been thinking about building a new trolley for this year,

@crazyfool1 Did you buy that yourself or is it a self build?

its a brand called erde ... I think its done 7ish Glastoburys now ? here's a link they still make them .... just take a few spare nuts and screws as the pins do tend to go missing 

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Erde-Luggage-Cargo-Bike-Trailer/dp/B005AGKC8E

• Like 1