Best festival trolley ever (Electronic!)

GoonerRob

6 minutes ago, GoonerRob said:

oh no, that would be the solar panel... we bring our ipad pro's for band filming, bigger and easier to hold with out 7 flags at the front of the pyramid :) 

I hope an effective solar panel ... I know how long it takes to charge my mobile phone batteries with my solar panels :) 

1 minute ago, crazyfool1 said:

I hope an effective solar panel ... I know how long it takes to charge my mobile phone batteries with my solar panels :) 

it's a bit of a trickle charge but we only used it for the two runs from the car (gear and beer) and the run back on the Monday (was left charging the rest of the week). Battery for phone charging was separate. Both seemed to work ok without dying!

7 hours ago, GoonerRob said:

So last year a friend of mine ( mn_bespoke ) who is a bit of a product design nerd / carpenter / all round maker of cool stuff was tasked with making a trolley that wasn't shit (our last two have progressively fallen apart over time)... this is what he came up with... made from an upcycled mobility scooter

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_3809.thumb.jpg.087bc1488a0c3067554a9cddc4ae58c9.jpg

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_3996.thumb.jpg.dec1d4735151be2e90c91ae392721940.jpg

706636189_Screenshot2019-10-26at13_08_18.thumb.png.d30436dbe764e632d4044eba8c04c764.png

Key features:

• USB / Car lighter port for charging phones etc
  • Solar panel to recharge battery
  • You can drive it! 
  • Carried 8 peoples tents, sleeping bags, chairs and a bag or two all at once
  • Easily carries many crates of beer with almost no effort.
  • Key so you can leave it in a tent porch and it cant be stolen

Can't work out how to add video but will attempt to work that out later... What do you guys think?

Wouldn't last long in this.. Great in dry tho 

DSC02651.JPG

On 10/26/2019 at 4:08 PM, glasto-worker said:

I am surprised you have not already built one ' but with a few improvements ' # a self seeking system so that you could sit on it and it will drive you back automatically to your Camper van #

Now, there's an idea. The fact is, I only go to smaller festivals nowadays, so am never far away from the camper van anyway. That said, I did get monumentally stoned and pissed up at the Landed Festival this year, and had considerable difficulty finding my way back to the camper van. What should have been no more than a 10 minute walk, turned in to at least a 90 minute walk. It even involved me actually giving up at one point, and walking up to two security stewards and asking them if they would arrest me. I hadn't actually done anything wrong, but in my pissed up state thought that at least I'd get a bed for the night. I didn't get that bed in the end, because the stewards just laughed at me instead.

On 10/26/2019 at 7:49 PM, Cooter said:

Yea, I wondered that. Looks great but would it keep up with a very brisk walk?

eta 10/10 for effort by the way, nice neat job.

We actually have to put it on the slowest setting or it is too quick... looking forward to testing in the mud as we should be able to up the power to get out of anything too sticky. 

If it's waterlogged it will stay in the car. 

Each to their own, and I'm impressed at the effort here, but I still think a simpler approach is to just bring less stuff.

A big backpack and a small bag and that's me. Easy to manouevre, fewer issues in mud, nice and easy to take public transport too.

(I do spend more than I'd like on food and drink over the weekend though, it's true...) 

7 minutes ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

Just spotted this while searching for another type of trolley;

Image result for garden trolley + folding metal sides + vonhaus

I reckon with two people involved, you could shift a shed load with that. Not so sure about the solid rubber tyres though, and the price tag at £270, which may or may not include delivery.

For £270 they could have at least done it in cow print :) 

6 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

For £270 they could have at least done it in cow print :) 

I can't find the original site again now, but there were about 20 variations of colour. Not so sure about the cow print though. I didn't study it long enough. :)

Anyway, while trying to get back to the site, I just came across a multiple trolley combo.

Where can you get a decent festival trolley?