Local ticket - anyone need help

poppyh24

1 hour ago, Digi said:

Lots of stuff on Facebook of people in the outer catchment area included on the list being locked out with post codes not being recognised. They must be so gutted 

Sure I read on here someone saying they put the space in their post code and it caused problems.  Re entered without the space and got through don’t know if that made any difference in the main sale 

6 hours ago, poppyh24 said:

Happy to try for you @ladybird33... Pop you reg details and tel no up and I'll give you a buzz if my F5 works!

Thank you so much Poppy! We got through relatively easily, but looks like we were the lucky ones. More than happy to offer up my services for the resales 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ladybird33 said:

Thank you so much Poppy! We got through relatively easily, but looks like we were the lucky ones. More than happy to offer up my services for the resales 

Aw chuffed for you @ladybird33 ! Will take you up on that offer... It's a long old wait til April now (although I'm pinning way too much hope on winning the ballot or the book presale tickets ?)

56 minutes ago, poppyh24 said:

Aw chuffed for you @ladybird33 ! Will take you up on that offer... It's a long old wait til April now (although I'm pinning way too much hope on winning the ballot or the book presale tickets ?)

We're going to see Michael eavis on Friday do a talk about the book. It was going to be painful without tickets! But will put a good word in for you! ? make sure you get in touch in April and will do what we can! 

Edited by ladybird33

7 hours ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

Sure I read on here someone saying they put the space in their post code and it caused problems.  Re entered without the space and got through don’t know if that made any difference in the main sale 

I thought the post I read said it worked when he did put a space in the post code. Which would make sense as that is how postcodes should be written, as far as I know. I'm sure it worked that way for me whenever i've been successful with tickets.

9 minutes ago, Ommadawn said:

Some comments from the festival in this link

interesting to read ... unusual comments about the postcode space thing from the festival though  ... this has definitely not been the case in the past and im sure they have also said it doesnt matter ... we will need to get some clarity for the resale I think 

7 hours ago, crazyfool1 said:

interesting to read ... unusual comments about the postcode space thing from the festival though  ... this has definitely not been the case in the past and im sure they have also said it doesnt matter ... we will need to get some clarity for the resale I think 

I would've been furious with these comments if I tried for the local sale. Do we know if GFL actually commented this, or are SomersetLive adding commentary? I can't see any references or links to their statements, also it seems like quite a harsh way for the festival to react. I've seen so many people having problems that they cannot comment that the system is working as designed. Currently the Tweets aren't loading for me, so maybe GFL made the above statement in these.

I got a Sunday ticket for a friend which worked perfectly. I'm currently working in India, so I was a little worried my card would be declined. He would've been absolutely gutted if he missed out.

Edited by discgoesmic

27 minutes ago, discgoesmic said:

I would've been furious with these comments if I tried for the local sale. Do we know if GFL actually commented this, or are SomersetLive adding commentary? I can't see any references or links to their statements, also it seems like quite a harsh way for the festival to react. I've seen so many people having problems that they cannot comment that the system is working as designed. Currently the Tweets aren't loading for me, so maybe GFL made the above statement in these.

I got a Sunday ticket for a friend which worked perfectly. I'm currently working in India, so I was a little worried my card would be declined. He would've been absolutely gutted if he missed out.

totally agree 

My experience of yesterday was this.  I was trying for outer catchment but at 9am tried to load booking page.  I got onto this and tempted as I was I.entered details and selected proceed.  I didnt get the payment page as I thought and under each reg there was the line This Sale is for Locals only.  I then kept this page open until 10am when it seemed to change from a maximum of 6 tickets to 4.  I presume the inner catchment could buy 6.  I then after a few minutes got to input card details and I bought tickets.  I did read earlier in the morning about postcodes and I NEVER use a gap in them.  I think that people were stuck on the This Sale is for locals as they didnt go back to the start page but just refreshed the reg page before it had gone live whether you were inner or outer.

10 hours ago, crazyfool1 said:

It might be specific to the local sale - See would need to check eligibility using the postcode which they wouldn't on a general sale - so the spacing (or lack of) might be a factor in how it's interpreted as local or not?

13 hours ago, Johnnyseven said:

I thought the post I read said it worked when he did put a space in the post code. Which would make sense as that is how postcodes should be written, as far as I know. I'm sure it worked that way for me whenever i've been successful with tickets.

So it’s actually all down to how your postcode is entered on your original registration details. Space or no space! Never thought about that, so as I was successful in the main sale I assume I put in the post code correctly, Anytime I use my code I can enter it with or without the space. Lucky I chose the right way in the sale! I can’t  remember this being a problem in the past. 

5 hours ago, BluePaul said:

It might be specific to the local sale - See would need to check eligibility using the postcode which they wouldn't on a general sale - so the spacing (or lack of) might be a factor in how it's interpreted as local or not?

yeah that would make sense ... Lets hope it is 

On 27 October 2019 at 5:53 PM, ladybird33 said:

We're going to see Michael eavis on Friday do a talk about the book. It was going to be painful without tickets! But will put a good word in for you! ? make sure you get in touch in April and will do what we can! 

that sounds like a great event.. We saw him at speakers in 2017 and he's so interesting to listen to, and he always says just a little too much so be interesting to see if he lets anything slip about next year!  I will deffo touch base next year @ladybird33 if those elusive golden tickets don't come fluttering my way ?

23 hours ago, Ommadawn said:

Some comments from the festival in this link

Read that link and can sympathise with the ones who missed out by missing the space on the Postcode or they live in a newly built estate.

However, the ones who entered the Postcode in the wrong box or recently moved into the area but entered their old Postcode(!) really only have themselves to blame.

Say someone has the postcode BA3 3QF. Could it be that the See site wasn't able to have every possible local postcode, as the would be thousands, so it only checks the first 4 digits, eg BA3_, for valid local tickets.

If people entered with no space it would look up BA23 which it could see as an invalid local postcode so would refuse the sale.

Edited by Johnnyseven