Jump to content
hirobyn

Community Festival 2020

Recommended Posts

4 hours ago, Tom Connolly said:

who do we think will turn up on the 1975’s day? will Charli be main support or will we get a bigger band than that?

Pretty sure I read somewhere that there will be two stages so I’m possibly thinking that Charli could headline the 2nd stage but that’s just a wild guess. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, Tom Connolly said:

who do we think will turn up on the 1975’s day? will Charli be main support or will we get a bigger band than that?

hoping wolf alice are there as i assume they are due to return soon with a new single and album announcement (hopefully) which will lead to them being announce for some festivals, or Jap house but not sure. See you in the latest TPD TV video Tom lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, 19liam75 said:

See you in the latest TPD TV video Tom lol

haha no way feel well famous. kellas is a top lad. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/4/2020 at 2:50 AM, moams said:

Pretty sure I read somewhere that there will be two stages so I’m possibly thinking that Charli could headline the 2nd stage but that’s just a wild guess. 

Charli will definitely be main stage! That second stage area at Finsbury Park is far too small and she’s the second biggest name on the line up. I’d expect she’ll be sub or atleast 3rd main.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, frontsidecab said:

Charli will definitely be main stage! That second stage area at Finsbury Park is far too small and she’s the second biggest name on the line up. I’d expect she’ll be sub or atleast 3rd main.

I’ve never been to Finsbury for a gig so didn’t realise it was that small. I do wonder who will headline that or if they are still to be announced. Will that stage finish before The 1975 are on?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That 2nd stage in Finsbury is awful - its an uphill slope impossible to see anything really if its busy. Just danced around at the back for Vistas last year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, NickisGinger said:

No. 

I mean, it definitely could tbh. One look at the Coronavirus thread in the Glasto boards would show that. Some genuinely good and informative discussions in there btw for anyone worrying about the virus and it’s effect on festivals.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, TheWaters said:

I mean, it definitely could tbh. One look at the Coronavirus thread in the Glasto boards would show that. Some genuinely good and informative discussions in there btw for anyone worrying about the virus and it’s effect on festivals.

I for one isn’t worried, I respect people are. I remember crapping myself of swine flu for 2 weeks then carried on like normal. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, NickisGinger said:

I for one isn’t worried, I respect people are. I remember crapping myself of swine flu for 2 weeks then carried on like normal. 

Was in this mindset myself till I did some more research. Corona nothing to be scared of in daily life whatsoever, deffo more of a chance of big events being cancelled tho. Each to their own and all of course, just saying that thread is quite handy (and overall positive and optimistic tbf) in all the daily stats and developing news as it comes 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, TheWaters said:

Was in this mindset myself till I did some more research. Corona nothing to be scared of in daily life whatsoever, deffo more of a chance of big events being cancelled tho. Each to their own and all of course, just saying that thread is quite handy (and overall positive and optimistic tbf) in all the daily stats and developing news as it comes 

Which one is it? The ‘will the coronavirus’ one

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, NickisGinger said:

Which one is it? The ‘will the coronavirus’ one

Nah, the should we be worried one. The will the coronavirus one stemmed from that one as a poll to what people think haha

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, TheWaters said:

Nah, the should we be worried one. The will the coronavirus one stemmed from that one as a poll to what people think haha

The one I was viewing was talking about Big Bellends, thought I stumbled into a after hours forum haha

Edited by NickisGinger

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This isn't happenning then is it - no way could they shift tickets with coronavirus how it is. Even if community can run it would have awful sales most likely.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, gfa said:

This isn't happenning then is it - no way could they shift tickets with coronavirus how it is. Even if community can run it would have awful sales most likely.

Sadly, I agree. I wish they’d just make a statement, save all the speculation on here and Twitter 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah I'm sad 😞 

Was meant to be going to The 1975 aswell, surprised nothings been said on that yet.  I wonder if it'll get rescheduled to August/September?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, NickisGinger said:

Yeah I'm sad 😞 

Was meant to be going to The 1975 aswell, surprised nothings been said on that yet.  I wonder if it'll get rescheduled to August/September?

Pretty much all festivals in May/June are looking like they will be rescheduled to autumn or cancelled altogether.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Anyone heard anything at all about either postponement or cancellation for these gigs? Got tickets for Kings of Leon but not sure whats going on with it and imagine announcement should come soon and seems inevitable 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If you are referring to The 1975 gig as well, Jamie Oborne has said there was going to be announcement for the gig Monday then he said Tuesday (this week) but nothing so far, he said it’s to do with promoters, I’d imagine festival republic wanted to get wireless out the way first and then today or tomorrow they’ll start with the announcements on cancelling/rescheduling the other gigs, apparently 1975 gig will not be cancelled but rescheduled  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not that it matters anymore, but I wonder if community was ever even going to take place this year. Forgetting about corona, I tend to think that they run into some problems. I just hope that this isn't the end for community festival.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

following the finsbury announcement, me and my friends have decided to put on a virtual festival in place of it with live performances and watchalongs of old festival performances all in aid of the NHS. would mean a lot if you guys could follow @Finsperry on twitter and buy a wristband to get involved once they’re on sale. lots of love everyone xx

52BD4C82-9F9D-4877-9C89-A06C16000AA0.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...