Community Festival 2020

hirobyn

20 hours ago, Tom Connolly said:

who do we think will turn up on the 1975’s day? will Charli be main support or will we get a bigger band than that?

hoping wolf alice are there as i assume they are due to return soon with a new single and album announcement (hopefully) which will lead to them being announce for some festivals, or Jap house but not sure. See you in the latest TPD TV video Tom lol

On 3/4/2020 at 2:50 AM, moams said:

Pretty sure I read somewhere that there will be two stages so I’m possibly thinking that Charli could headline the 2nd stage but that’s just a wild guess. 

Charli will definitely be main stage! That second stage area at Finsbury Park is far too small and she’s the second biggest name on the line up. I’d expect she’ll be sub or atleast 3rd main.

7 hours ago, frontsidecab said:

Charli will definitely be main stage! That second stage area at Finsbury Park is far too small and she’s the second biggest name on the line up. I’d expect she’ll be sub or atleast 3rd main.

I’ve never been to Finsbury for a gig so didn’t realise it was that small. I do wonder who will headline that or if they are still to be announced. Will that stage finish before The 1975 are on?

5 hours ago, NickisGinger said:

No. 

I mean, it definitely could tbh. One look at the Coronavirus thread in the Glasto boards would show that. Some genuinely good and informative discussions in there btw for anyone worrying about the virus and it’s effect on festivals.

15 minutes ago, TheWaters said:

I mean, it definitely could tbh. One look at the Coronavirus thread in the Glasto boards would show that. Some genuinely good and informative discussions in there btw for anyone worrying about the virus and it’s effect on festivals.

I for one isn’t worried, I respect people are. I remember crapping myself of swine flu for 2 weeks then carried on like normal. 

3 minutes ago, NickisGinger said:

I for one isn’t worried, I respect people are. I remember crapping myself of swine flu for 2 weeks then carried on like normal. 

Was in this mindset myself till I did some more research. Corona nothing to be scared of in daily life whatsoever, deffo more of a chance of big events being cancelled tho. Each to their own and all of course, just saying that thread is quite handy (and overall positive and optimistic tbf) in all the daily stats and developing news as it comes 

2 minutes ago, TheWaters said:

Was in this mindset myself till I did some more research. Corona nothing to be scared of in daily life whatsoever, deffo more of a chance of big events being cancelled tho. Each to their own and all of course, just saying that thread is quite handy (and overall positive and optimistic tbf) in all the daily stats and developing news as it comes 

Which one is it? The ‘will the coronavirus’ one

1 minute ago, TheWaters said:

Nah, the should we be worried one. The will the coronavirus one stemmed from that one as a poll to what people think haha

The one I was viewing was talking about Big Bellends, thought I stumbled into a after hours forum haha

Edited by NickisGinger

• 2 weeks later...
59 minutes ago, gfa said:

This isn't happenning then is it - no way could they shift tickets with coronavirus how it is. Even if community can run it would have awful sales most likely.

Sadly, I agree. I wish they’d just make a statement, save all the speculation on here and Twitter 

• 1 month later...

Anyone heard anything at all about either postponement or cancellation for these gigs? Got tickets for Kings of Leon but not sure whats going on with it and imagine announcement should come soon and seems inevitable 

If you are referring to The 1975 gig as well, Jamie Oborne has said there was going to be announcement for the gig Monday then he said Tuesday (this week) but nothing so far, he said it’s to do with promoters, I’d imagine festival republic wanted to get wireless out the way first and then today or tomorrow they’ll start with the announcements on cancelling/rescheduling the other gigs, apparently 1975 gig will not be cancelled but rescheduled  

following the finsbury announcement, me and my friends have decided to put on a virtual festival in place of it with live performances and watchalongs of old festival performances all in aid of the NHS. would mean a lot if you guys could follow @Finsperry on twitter and buy a wristband to get involved once they’re on sale. lots of love everyone xx

52BD4C82-9F9D-4877-9C89-A06C16000AA0.jpeg

• 4 weeks later...