Community Festival 2020

hirobyn

3 hours ago, R Shah said:

Royal Blood will defo play either Friday or Saturday with all the indie festivals they're doing this year. I also think Frank Carter will be on their undercard. Such a shame cos I'm out of the country :(

Can see The Libertines with a strong 00s undercard (Bloc Party, Raconteurs, Interpol?) for the remaining day.

Would be gutted if that libs day happened due to glasto

17 hours ago, Jake1234 said:

List of potential headliners across the 2 days...

Royal Blood, The Wombats, Ian Brown, Stereophonics, Kaiser Chiefs, Two Door, Libs.

feel free to rule some out/ add more to the list  

I would tend to rule out The Wombats as they are doing that co-headliner with The Kooks at APE. It mighrt a stretch to headline 2 festivals the same side of London so close together. If they did have them then they should  hgave announced before APE did.

All the others look like very good candadates. I Know 2 Door played two years ago but there stock has gone up since then and so a good headliner to  book.

I fancy The Libertines for this but woulld not be surpised if Wolf Alice are also in with a shout.

29 minutes ago, atomised said:

I cant see.why it wont.be. that website has been accurate on the whole. I'm puzzled at it listing community as 2 days though

Hmmm it’s end of feb though and the event is normally put on at the end of June and they haven’t updated the website from 2019 with 2020 dates..

Seems possible that plans have fallen through for whatever reason as they haven’t even told us a date?

17 hours ago, Alice frais said:

how come we havent heard a single thing about it then

Because there is probably nothing to announce yet or they maybe struggling for acts like APE. Got told which press team handling the announcement thats all. 

Edited by JBarbour

Is it ridiculous to say Biffy could headline? I know they’re bigger than any previous headliners, but they haven’t been booked anywhere else yet, despite them saying they’ll be doing festivals this year. They seem to have dropped in popularity since their last major headline slot too, so maybe Community could be a decent show for FR to gauge what kind of draw they still have.

32 minutes ago, Quorn said:

Is it ridiculous to say Biffy could headline? I know they’re bigger than any previous headliners, but they haven’t been booked anywhere else yet, despite them saying they’ll be doing festivals this year. They seem to have dropped in popularity since their last major headline slot too, so maybe Community could be a decent show for FR to gauge what kind of draw they still have.

Its possibly between this and APE if their plan is to return with a big London show.

On paper the fact they did R&L and TRNSMT on the Ellipsis Tour and did the Isle of Wight Festival last year on the effective Balance Not Symmetry Tour means they should still be a decent draw. However, I'm aware being a bill topper at IoW isn't quite the big deal anymore.

12 hours ago, Quorn said:

How have they dropped in popularity? 

2 hours ago, Quorn said:

It’s been a long time since the days of Biffy getting songs to the top 10, rock as a whole has dropped in popularity.

I wouldn't say singles in top 10 is reflective of any rock acts popularity at all,  foo fighters haven't threatened the top 20 for the past decade and are still immensely popular