Community Festival 2020

hirobyn

37 minutes ago, charlierc said:

Hmmm... I like songs by Soccer Mommy and Big Moon, and I hear good things about Inahler, so this could tempt me even with Kings of Leon's hit-and-miss reputation.

Even if I know no Courteneers tracks. Their dark fruit reputation does precede them. Mainly based on what I saw on the Reading thread.

Incidentally Kings of Leon aren't UK exclusive for FP. They're also playing Newcastle and Leeds in the week running up their Saturday night Mad Cool headline slot.

Newcastle?

1 hour ago, Samjones said:

Newcastle?

45 minutes ago, atomised said:

Yes a Newcastle arena date in early july

Yup - July 7 at Newcastle Arena, then July 8 at Leeds First Direct Arena. No mention of support for those 2 dates though.

40 minutes ago, Fuzzy Afro said:

So who’s even left for community now?

Honestly I thought Courteeners were a shout for it, and some of the supports named for both KoL and 1975 could've been an option as well for day fillers.

The Strokes, maybe? Or are they a bit too big for it?

Thats a decent line up and I was hoping to catch The Big Moon this year. So will probably go, plus it will be a chance to judge The Courteeners on what I see rather then the reputation they have around here.

It's weird, we are talking more about other concerts rather then Community. Maybe we shoud re-label the Thread Finsbury Park Concerts. If Community does go ahead and has the quality of the KOL & 1975 lineups it should be pretty good.

59 minutes ago, Jake1234 said:

Who can headline community this year??

courteeners & 1975 - ruled out 

Bastille- not active this summer

catfish, kooks, two door- done it before

only possibilities I can think of are Ian Brown, The Wombats, Royal Blood?? Any suggestions? 

I would have ruled Bastille out for already having a london date this summer 

12 hours ago, R Shah said:

Can see something similar to the Sunday of Victorious happening.

Royal Blood / Bombay Bicycle Club / Nothing But Thieves / Miles Kane / Easy Life / Honeyblood / Vistas 

I thought some people were linking Royal Blood with All Points East.

Though yeah that would flow pretty well for that kinda crowd.

1 hour ago, Mcbatesman said:

I love Johnny marr but there's no way he'd be a headliner 

Contradicting what I said, I totally agree with you, but on the other hand if they did have him I feel as if they would bump him up to be a headliner as he’s technically a ‘legend’ the smiths were quite big at one point- & I feel that community wouldn’t have anyone back 2 years running necessarily unless they are quite small like Vistas or something.. so that would rule out The Hunna, Blossoms, The Kooks, Don Broco, SWMRS, Sea Girls, Gerry,, etcetc, but idk 

Edited by Kian

3 minutes ago, Kian said:

Contradicting what I said, I totally agree with you, but on the other hand if they did have him I feel as if they would bump him up to be a headliner as he’s technically a ‘legend’ the smiths were quite big at one point- & I feel that community wouldn’t have anyone back 2 years running necessarily unless they are quite small like Vistas or something.. so that would rule out The Hunna, Blossoms, The Kooks, Don Broco, SWMRS, Sea Girls, Gerry,, etcetc, but idk 

He'd be a "special guest" like blossoms were last year, 

Gerry cinnamon could potentially be back as headliner this year his stock has risen massively over the last year

3 hours ago, Mcbatesman said:

He'd be a "special guest" like blossoms were last year, 

Gerry cinnamon could potentially be back as headliner this year his stock has risen massively over the last year

Not sure he could do it down South, a lot of my friends would just look at it and laugh honestly